sammills89

Endless Forms

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just wondering how everyone presented their forms in the embassy on the day of their interview? I know I have like a million bits of paper so I tried to organise them in a ring-binding folder - labelled and everything! What about everyone else? Does anyone just take a stack of paper in?

Just wondering how everyone presented their forms in the embassy on the day of their interview? I know I have like a million bits of paper so I tried to organise them in a ring-binding folder - labelled and everything! What about everyone else? Does anyone just take a stack of paper in?

Nik had something like that, with the clear plastic pockets so he didn't have to punch holes in documents (plus they are more secure than plain folders).

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

I used a lever arch file with clear plastic pockets. Even if I say so myself :blush: it was super organised with originals and copies of everything so that I could pull out whatever they asked for.

Good Luck!

I used one of those plastic file seperators, with tabs at the top. The most important things (for example, birth certificates) at the front, then the next important (like medical exam info and criminal record check) after that, etc. Of course all the paperwork is important :P but I kept "extras" at the back like bank statements and employer letters.

Timeline

That's okay then! Sounds like everyone else used similar methods to mine. I had a gut feeling the CO's wouldn't be impressed by plastic wallets, but they keep everything in order and make life easier for everyone! I just got my full birth certificate and it says 'certified copy' at the top, is this something that everyone gets?

Timeline

Thanks very much, I'm incredibly nervous about it - really not looking forward to going at all. Congrats on your anniversary :) It also falls on my very recently passed cousins 18th birthday as well, hoping for some help from him there :)

Well, given the date, I will be thinking of you, and I know you will have all the good wishes and prayers from this forum as well. Easy to say, but don't be nervous (btw, I wasn't just nervous, I was outright scared....) As long as you are honest and look them in the eye, you will be absolutely fine. :wacko:

Timeline

I appreciate that :) Will make sure I let you know the result asap! My fiancé flies in on Tuesday to be with me which is nice, something to look forward too! I have been told numerous times to be honest and that's all I intend to be, hopefully that will get me through nice and easy!

Forgive me if I am not online on the 20th :blush:

Great news that you'll be together next week... :thumbs: A friend of mine kept saying that everything in the visa process would go like cream and butter and he was right. Required patience, but the interview was like cream and butter. So I am sure you will both have the same next week.

Timeline

Haha that's okay, I'll be out celebrating with any luck!

Yeah I have a few things that may pop up, particularly my previous arrest as a minor, but I'm hoping to overcome that without any problems, had a ton of help from people on here who have been amazing. I'm glad yours was nice and simple :D

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I know this is a bit late, but I prepared all of Vik's documents. I made a legal indexed file of all of our PROOF. I prepared a three ring binder with clear sheet protectors that were labeled for ease. I even put post-its on the files and pages with instructions for Vik. I created an index for each file and folder. He went to the interview with a duffel bag. He made a photo album off of a CD that I sent him of all of our photos. He has a folder of our legal docs, a supporting evidence file, and a picture album. Too much? NO! It got us approved! They actually commented on how great he presented the materials. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.