roughsweet

Co-sponsor answers to I-134 questions 10 & 11

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hey all,

I've scoured endless posts and FAQs, can't seem to find an answer to this. Could someone who used a co-sponsor for support at the London Embassy please tell me what your co-sponsor answered to questions 10 and 11 on the I-134.

For question 10, I know I'M supposed to write my fiance's name and info because I've submitted an application on his behalf, but does my co-sponsor also fill in his info on her I-134? Even though they're not applying on his behalf? and if so, what does she list as their "relationship"?

For question 11, I know that London prefers the USC to answer "N/A" in response to whether you'll support him. But again, does my co-sponsor also write N/A?

I'd love to hear from someone who got approved through London with a co-sponsor, and get a definitive answer on which responses you used that resulted in an approval?

So many thanks :) :) :)

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-07

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-09

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-08

NVC Received: 2009-10-13

NVC Left : 2009-10-16

Consulate Received : 2009-10-19

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 @ Embassy : 2009-11-06 (yay! only one more step, come on interview date!)

Medical : 2009-11-11

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-04

Interview Result: Approved!! Yaaaaaaaaay!!

Date K1 Visa Received: 2009-12-09

Date of Us Entry: 2009-12-15

Date of Wedding: 2010-01-16

502e43ccdf.png

I didn't have a co-sponsor, BUT I'm pretty good at interpreting forms. Your co-sponsor has never filed a petition (I129F or I130) for anyone most likely. Your fiance filed a petition with USCIS. The Affidavit of Support and all things Embassy are the Dept of State (DOS) and not petitions to USCIS, if that makes sense. The co-sponsor definitely will not list you in #10.

Visa Journey (not London) says put N/A in #11, but London has sometimes told people it should be ticked Yes by the sponsor. It's safer to put Yes in case you get the person who insists it be ticked. I think it would be appropriate for a co-sponsor to say yes, and how they will help.

There is a London Embassy webchat this week and I've submitted a question concerning this very topic. It said you can submit questions ahead of time, so maybe we'll get lucky and an Embassy official will answer that one.

Here's my submitted question:

On the I-134 Affidavit of Support, there is a question that states-- I __intend __do not intend to make specific contributions to the support of the person(s) named in item 3. Many are coached to check neither box and write "N/A (K1 visa process for permanent residence)" and that is usually accepted. However, there is one officer in London who refuses to take that answer and delays visa approval.

If the intending immigrant is a spouse or fiance of the sponsor, do you expect an itemized list of support like a weekly allowance with a specific duration? What would be an acceptable answer to the question of specific contributions for a fiance or spouse?

The webchat is Thursday at 2 PM London time. Hope I remember to tune in, but the transcript will be available with all the Q&As.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Thanks for your response. :)

I'm the USC, just to be clear. I filed the I-129f on behalf of my British fiance.

I appreciate the heads up about the webcast on Thursday. If anyone else has gone through London with a co-sponsor and can speak to this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

- Nancy

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-07

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-09

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-08

NVC Received: 2009-10-13

NVC Left : 2009-10-16

Consulate Received : 2009-10-19

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 @ Embassy : 2009-11-06 (yay! only one more step, come on interview date!)

Medical : 2009-11-11

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-04

Interview Result: Approved!! Yaaaaaaaaay!!

Date K1 Visa Received: 2009-12-09

Date of Us Entry: 2009-12-15

Date of Wedding: 2010-01-16

502e43ccdf.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Thanks for raising this. I'm the beneficiary in the UK, and just waiting for packet 3 to arrive. The sponsor and co-sponsor (his father) are right now preparing the affidavits. I am keen to know the answer to this too so we can make sure they are filled in correctly!

just to add to the topic, do you know if we are supposed to tick yes we want the SSN on the DS230 part II?

I read that they will not issue an SSN for K-1, and that we need to apply in person after arrival / marriage.

So do we just tick no for 43a and then 43b content to disclosure? Or do we tick yes, but let them choose to ignore it because it's not applicable?

link to the form from London site, for easy reference http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/81807.pdf

Scroll to bottom.

thanks if you have any info to share!

Thanks for your response. :)

I'm the USC, just to be clear. I filed the I-129f on behalf of my British fiance.

I appreciate the heads up about the webcast on Thursday. If anyone else has gone through London with a co-sponsor and can speak to this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

- Nancy

just to add to the topic, do you know if we are supposed to tick yes we want the SSN on the DS230 part II?

I read that they will not issue an SSN for K-1, and that we need to apply in person after arrival / marriage.

So do we just tick no for 43a and then 43b content to disclosure? Or do we tick yes, but let them choose to ignore it because it's not applicable?

Please read carefully, Only DS230 part I is required.

There are several hazards in this process since they attempt to use multi purpose forms to do the job. Likewise, one of the forms requires that documents be "attached" but you don't actually send them in, you bring them with you. Later for AOS, you only complete certain parts of the medical review....Be careful with these pit falls! :)

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.