AbbynSheryl

Interesting Find in Manila Embassy FAQs.

19 posts in this topic

INTERVIEW PROCESS

Question:

Why are the visa interviews so short? I was asked only a couple of questions and the interviewer hardly looked at my documents.

Answer:

In a typical 8-hour day, a consular officer may need to interview 150 applicants or more, which allows about 3 minutes per applicant. The application form, if completed thoroughly, contains most of the information needed to adjudicate the visa. Additional documents are examined only if the consular officer needs to obtain further clarification of the applicant’s situation

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

INTERVIEW PROCESS

Question:

Why are the visa interviews so short? I was asked only a couple of questions and the interviewer hardly looked at my documents.

Answer:

In a typical 8-hour day, a consular officer may need to interview 150 applicants or more, which allows about 3 minutes per applicant. The application form, if completed thoroughly, contains most of the information needed to adjudicate the visa. Additional documents are examined only if the consular officer needs to obtain further clarification of the applicant’s situation

abby n sheryl

During my interview I was there for less than 3 minutes. Only 5 questions were asked then I'm done.

Good Luck

Edited by frostysoftyeaton

2_950692851l.jpg

October 24, 2007 - we met online ( Cherry Blossoms)

February 24, 2008 - He came to the Philippines to finally meet me!

February 26, 2008 - He proposed to me and I said YES!

March 4, 2008 - Flew back home ( US )- sad

K1 timeline:

April 7, 2008 - sent I-129f to VSC

April 10, 2008 - VSC received petition

April 18, 2008 - NOA1 hard copy received

May 9, 2008 - touched

July 14, 2008 - touched

July 15, 2008 - NOA2 (99days)

Aug.14-15,2008-Medical PASSED

Aug.22,2008- Interview PASSED (Pink Slip Only)

Aug.29,2008- VISA ON HAND

Sept.3,2008- POE Houston TX

October 25, 2008 - Officially Mrs. Eaton

AOS Timeline:

March 10, 2009 - AOS package sent to USCIS via FedEx

March 12, 2009 12:21pm - AOS package delivered to USCIS

March 20, 2009 - Check cashed

March 21, 2009 - NOA1 for I-485, I-131 and I-765

March 24, 2009 - Received Biometrics Appointment

April 4, 2009 - Case transferred to CSC

April 7, 2009 - Biometrics appointment is done

May 4, 2009 - AP approval notice received

May 8,2008 - EAD received

June 3, 2009 - Welcome notice from CRIS via email

June 8, 2009 - Receive hard copy of welcome notice on the mail

June 15, 2009 - Card production ordered

June 27, 2009 - Green Card on hand ( 2 years )

cool :pop:

it will be more cool if my wife only has to answer one or two questions. lol

i sent all originals to NVC and the interview letter says all checked and accepted

so it means she does not have to bring any paper with her other than relationship stuff

i am hoping she go through in the interview smoothly but u never know what can happen

i am praying for the pink next week it will be all over for us. keep us in ur prayer.

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

i sent all originals to NVC and the interview letter says all checked and accepted

so it means she does not have to bring any paper with her other than relationship stuff

i am hoping she go through in the interview smoothly but u never know what can happen

i am praying for the pink next week it will be all over for us. keep us in ur prayer.

abby n sheryl

i predict that your wife will 100% get the famous pink slip home.

good luck on her coming up interview!

thank u so much

i am sure u always predict the right thing.lol

thank u again

good luck in ur visa journey too

abby n sheryl

Goodluck to you and Sheryl!

I'm sure Sheryl's interview will be a breeze. My K1 (fiancee) visa interview took less than 5 min while my B2 (tourist) visa interview took less than 2 min.

Bluerose

thank u bluerose001

thank u for the wish

hope it come true

i am keeping my finger cross

abby n sheryl

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

abby n sheryl

I got confused. Did you say, you sent your original docs to NVC and they accepted it? Is it a new procedure? So you mean, ur wife will not bring her NBI clearance, birth certicate, ITR and W2 to the interview?When did you sent those?

as1cA0fVM001810MDAwMDEwN2x8MDQ1MTAzNGx8V2VcJ3JlIGluIExEUiBmb3IgIA.gif

as1cEZpVM001810MDAwMTg3NHN8MDExM3N8b3VyIEsxIGpvdXJuZXkgc3RhcnRlZA.gif

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

abby n sheryl

I got confused. Did you say, you sent your original docs to NVC and they accepted it? Is it a new procedure? So you mean, ur wife will not bring her NBI clearance, birth certicate, ITR and W2 to the interview?When did you sent those?

you read it right girl, but dont be confused coz nvc requires such of docs only from the CR1 applicants.

Edited by uniquecouple

abby n sheryl

yes u r right

i sent all those to NVC and they forward those to manila

she will get those original back after the interview

i sent the original marriage licence her birth certificate nbi police clearance

i sent the transcripts of 2005,2006, 2007 and 2008 just to be on the safe side

pm me if u have any more question

abby n sheryl

Timeline

abby n sheryl

you read it right girl, but dont be confused coz nvc requires such of docs only from the CR1 applicants.

Oh ok...I'm a K1 applicant, so no need for me to send those docs to NVC right? Will bring the required docs during my interview then. I'm a newbie =), hence im trying to read all the stuff here...and it seems that im having information overload.

abby n sheryl

hey paris

i wish i can help u with K1

i only know something about CR1

i follow the guide exactly and did what it says 100%

i am so happy that they have all the info in guide in VJ

much better than lawyer

good luck

abby n sheryl

Oh ok...I'm a K1 applicant, so no need for me to send those docs to NVC right? Will bring the required docs during my interview then. I'm a newbie =), hence im trying to read all the stuff here...and it seems that im having information overload.

hey paris2011

much better than lawyer

good luck

abby n sheryl

abby n sheryl

goodluck... i know she will be ok... :thumbs:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Timeline

abby n sheryl

hey paris

much better than lawyer

good luck

abby n sheryl

hey paris2011

much better than lawyer

good luck

abby n sheryl

Thanks for the help Abby n Sheryl! Anyways, Good luck on your interview next week. =) Dont forget to share your interview experience to us. =)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.