July28

Please help cancel approved petition

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey guys..it so good to found this helpful site but its been my first time to post here so i hope i can get a help here to those who's been in same experience as mine..

My fiance and i agreed to cancel the approved petition it is now ready to schedule for interview but i did not get a schedule it instead we want to cancel it knowing that proceeding to this will just be a waste of time since upon filing we didnt include that annulment decree (first marriage ) coz we thought its not needed anymore due to the fact that my marriage was null and void from the very beginning and it was to late for us when we found out that it should still be included to the petition, so now we want to correct things .

how can we cancel the petition?is there a certain period where we have to wait upon filing again?is it a big deal for them if we cancel and refile again since we just want to make things in a proper way?

Hey guys..it so good to found this helpful site but its been my first time to post here so i hope i can get a help here to those who's been in same experience as mine..

My fiance and i agreed to cancel the approved petition it is now ready to schedule for interview but i did not get a schedule it instead we want to cancel it knowing that proceeding to this will just be a waste of time since upon filing we didnt include that annulment decree (first marriage ) coz we thought its not needed anymore due to the fact that my marriage was null and void from the very beginning and it was to late for us when we found out that it should still be included to the petition, so now we want to correct things .

how can we cancel the petition?is there a certain period where we have to wait upon filing again?is it a big deal for them if we cancel and refile again since we just want to make things in a proper way?

anyway to add something to that post..NOA2 approval notice says that petition is valid from December 2008 - April 2009... you think we still need to cancel that since it is expired?or we can go file a new one without cancelling that?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

how was it approved without it in the first place, did they write and ask for it, if so just add it and contiue on. If you have to refile i would just do it immediately . One case i know they ask for more and the person thought they had to refile again, they did and they just met together at the end and they go the visa. Another theirs was returned they refiled actually before the return even arrived back, files were combined and they go the visa......all this wait, wait, wait is not always necessary nor cancellations

Edited by brnidokiegurl

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

HI..thanks for the reply..it was approved because i put single there so they dont look for my annulment decree..im worried about how long would it take when we cancel the petition and refile again the new one with my annulment decree this time...

anybody who has same experienced wth mine?please do help guys..

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Single is fine in the forms. I wrote annulled beside the word single because the choices were single, married or divorce. Since there is no divorce in the Philippines and you are not married single is the most appropriate choice. Just make sure you have the original decree and decision when you have your interview. You will be filling up forms again like DS156 or DS156k so do not cancel your petition. Its just a minor thing. As long as you have proof of your ongoing relationship then I do not think you will not be approved of your visa.

05/18/07 married

05/29/07 sent I-130s for me & my daughter at CSC

06/16/07 checks for I-130 cashed

06/19/07 sent I-129F not waiting for noa1 but with printed online copies of checks cashed

06/25/07 check for I-129f cashed

06/29/07 transferred I-129f to CSC

07/03/07 received noa1 in the mail for I-129f

10/31/07 approved K3 and my I-130 except for my daughter

11/05/07 received NOA2 in the mail

12/01/07 received mail from NVC/yey we got our case number

12/20/07 went to St. Lukes and had my early medical exam

01/30/08 schedule for medical

02/07/08 interview, approved!

02/12/08 visa pick-up/cfo

02/14/08 POE-LAX

06/19/08 AOS mailed thru USPS

06/22/08 AOS delivered to Chicago IL

06/28/08 check cashed

06/30/08 received NOA1 dated 06/25/08

07/26/08 biometrics appointment

09/09/08 received EAD card in the mail

12/03/08 received interview letter for Jan 21 2009

01/21/09 approved for conditional permanent residence

02/02/09 permanent residence card arrived in the mail

10/21/10 submit form to remove conditions

01/21/11 10 year gc received

03/05/12 mailed my N-400

03/06/12 received email that they have my N-400

04/05/12 biometrics

Single is fine in the forms. I wrote annulled beside the word single because the choices were single, married or divorce. Since there is no divorce in the Philippines and you are not married single is the most appropriate choice. Just make sure you have the original decree and decision when you have your interview. You will be filling up forms again like DS156 or DS156k so do not cancel your petition. Its just a minor thing. As long as you have proof of your ongoing relationship then I do not think you will not be approved of your visa.

Thanks Raquel,,I am concern considering the fact that when you send the 129f both should be free to marry..in my case,,i just got the decision of my annulment this month , although it was in bigamous marriage it still considered as i am married by the time of filing..I have read many of stories in hre and so scary to take a risk..any idea in there i highly appreciate it..

BTW i am ready to schedule for interview this is just makes us worried since i think its a big deal not being able fee to marry upon sending the G form and 129 f to USCIS..

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you could send a message to PinayWife, she might me able to give her opinion as they have filed their petition twice under similar but different situation.

05/18/07 married

05/29/07 sent I-130s for me & my daughter at CSC

06/16/07 checks for I-130 cashed

06/19/07 sent I-129F not waiting for noa1 but with printed online copies of checks cashed

06/25/07 check for I-129f cashed

06/29/07 transferred I-129f to CSC

07/03/07 received noa1 in the mail for I-129f

10/31/07 approved K3 and my I-130 except for my daughter

11/05/07 received NOA2 in the mail

12/01/07 received mail from NVC/yey we got our case number

12/20/07 went to St. Lukes and had my early medical exam

01/30/08 schedule for medical

02/07/08 interview, approved!

02/12/08 visa pick-up/cfo

02/14/08 POE-LAX

06/19/08 AOS mailed thru USPS

06/22/08 AOS delivered to Chicago IL

06/28/08 check cashed

06/30/08 received NOA1 dated 06/25/08

07/26/08 biometrics appointment

09/09/08 received EAD card in the mail

12/03/08 received interview letter for Jan 21 2009

01/21/09 approved for conditional permanent residence

02/02/09 permanent residence card arrived in the mail

10/21/10 submit form to remove conditions

01/21/11 10 year gc received

03/05/12 mailed my N-400

03/06/12 received email that they have my N-400

04/05/12 biometrics

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

i was the same case as yours.i put single though i was annuled.but i brought all the dcouments i.e. court decision,finality,the nso annotated marriage cert that u are already annuled etc in red ribbon.so just bring ALL THE DOCUMENTS from the court and you will be asked for a cenomar at the embassy and that's where you will be needing those documents.and you should know my dear that u are already single upon court decision.i'm here already in the US of A

Thanks Raquel,,I am concern considering the fact that when you send the 129f both should be free to marry..in my case,,i just got the decision of my annulment this month , although it was in bigamous marriage it still considered as i am married by the time of filing..I have read many of stories in hre and so scary to take a risk..any idea in there i highly appreciate it..

BTW i am ready to schedule for interview this is just makes us worried since i think its a big deal not being able fee to marry upon sending the G form and 129 f to USCIS..

You have to read the requirements again. My understanding is that you should be free to marry on the date you filed your paper. If you just got your annulment case, then you lied on your application form.

Its up to you to make the decision if you want to go ahead with the interview. But take note that stating "single" on I-129 when you are not is a misrepresentation.

Edited by rheanick

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

i was the same case as yours.i put single though i was annuled.but i brought all the dcouments i.e. court decision,finality,the nso annotated marriage cert that u are already annuled etc in red ribbon.so just bring ALL THE DOCUMENTS from the court and you will be asked for a cenomar at the embassy and that's where you will be needing those documents.and you should know my dear that u are already single upon court decision.i'm here already in the US of A

Hi.Nora,,thanks for the reply...im wondering if when your fiance filed the petition for you did he include your annulment decree or you just bring the documents upon interview??

I think a point should be made.

• Single means - Never married (not now, not ever)
  • Married means - Currently Married
  • Divorced - Were married but the union was dissolved (by divorce or annulment)
  • Widowed - Were married but one partner passed away.

Whether or not divorce exists in PI (or anywhere else) doesn't matter - you should be very careful not to 'switch' words and use "Single" when in fact you've been married before (I would think you should be extra careful with this when dealing with USEM).

Timeline

he included it.u mean your fiance didnt submit a cenomar for you?when did u get ur annulment anyways?was it before his filing?during?if ur answer is u have an annulment decision before the filing of your petition then it shouldnt be a problem .so u can just bring the court docs on your interview.but if your annulment decision just came after the filing of your petition then i can't give u anymore advice.

Timeline

Whether or not divorce exists in PI (or anywhere else) doesn't matter - you should be very careful not to 'switch' words and use "Single" when in fact you've been married before (I would think you should be extra careful with this when dealing with USEM).

our NATIONAL STATISTIC OFFICE which is the number one authority about a marital status of a FILIPINO CITIZEN says that once a citizen is annuled ,the marital status is single.

he included it.u mean your fiance didnt submit a cenomar for you?when did u get ur annulment anyways?was it before his filing?during?if ur answer is u have an annulment decision before the filing of your petition then it shouldnt be a problem .so u can just bring the court docs on your interview.but if your annulment decision just came after the filing of your petition then i can't give u anymore advice.

oh yes when my fiance filed the petition, i dont have the court decision yet so thats the problem for sure during the interview...and i think the best thng to do is to withdraw and refile? can i refile right away since the annulment is done now

our NATIONAL STATISTIC OFFICE which is the number one authority about a marital status of a FILIPINO CITIZEN says that once a citizen is annuled ,the marital status is single.

Well its too bad they don't issue visa to enter the US. And thus you should be more concerned about the definition that the USEM will be concerned with.

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.