qp24113

when will someone's fiance(e) consider as OUT OF STATUS....?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

just wondering is someone is consider as out of the status from a I-94 visa? i know that I-94 have an expiration date and im also fully aware that the couple has been given 3 months (90 days) to marry. my question is... will someone be consider as out of status if the couple got married within the deadline but filed the AOS after the 90 days/ I-94 expiration date? or it is only consider as out of status if the couple did not meet the deadline to marry within the given 90 days?

K1 Timeline Visa

APRIL 8, 2009 - The Journey Begins....

1 DAY - USCIS Received Application

99 DAYS - I-129F Application Approved

114 DAYS - NVC Received Package

118 DAYS - Package left NVC

125 DAYS - USEM received package

138 DAYS - Medical Exam from April 8, 2009

147 DAYS - Interview Passed

174 DAYS - POE

AOS Timeline

JANUARY 8, 2010 - AOS Application Sent

11 DAYS – NOA Hardcopy Received (AOS, EAD, AP)

15 DAYS – Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

31 DAYS – Biometrics Appointment @ 12:00 pm

52 DAYS – EAD Approved

59 DAYS – Employment Authorization Card & Advance Parole (Travel Docs) Received

67 DAYS – Adjustment of Status Approved

You are out of status if your I-94 is expired and you have not filed for adjustment of status.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
just wondering is someone is consider as out of the status from a I-94 visa? i know that I-94 have an expiration date and im also fully aware that the couple has been given 3 months (90 days) to marry. my question is... will someone be consider as out of status if the couple got married within the deadline but filed the AOS after the 90 days/ I-94 expiration date? or it is only consider as out of status if the couple did not meet the deadline to marry within the given 90 days?

the marriage event does not preserve status... the marriage event within 90 days of entry, merely fulfills the requirement to be able to file the I-485

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

As long as you got married before the I-94 expires, you're fine. I heard that there is no time limit as to when you want to file the AOS. However, not being able to do so puts too much emotional pressure on you and you don't have legal papers to work or any US government-issued IDs which are helpful in times you want to do legal stuff, like opening a bank account and such.

We filed my AOS 4 months after my I-94 expired and there was no problem at all.

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Onli In Da Pilipins - Collection of sights and thoughts for my beloved country.

Our Love HIStory

06/26/06: Met at Bigchurch.com

07/14/07: First meeting in person.

12/19/07: Got my surprise gift through snail mail: my engagement ring!

02/11-18/08: Valentine's Week together!

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765)

04/09/09: Sent packet to Illinois Lockbox

04/20/09: Received Notice of Action

04/27/09: Received Biometrics Appointment

05/09/09: Biometrics Appointment

06/01/09: Received EAD Card

08/18/09: Interview (postponed due to baby's delivery)

12/16/09: Interview - Approved!

2_613061495l.jpg

In her eyes I see the reflection of what love is all about.

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:12

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
As long as you got married before the I-94 expires, you're fine. I heard that there is no time limit as to when you want to file the AOS. However, not being able to do so puts too much emotional pressure on you and you don't have legal papers to work or any US government-issued IDs which are helpful in times you want to do legal stuff, like opening a bank account and such.

We filed my AOS 4 months after my I-94 expired and there was no problem at all.

That isn't an answer to the question. Question is, if not filed AOS, is said person out of status, answer is yes, said person is definitely out of status.

Said person is fine as long as ICE doesn't show up at said person's door for whatever reason or said person some how attracts the attention of ICE. Said person can be detained and processed for deportation. It isn't likely, but that is the way it is.

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.