itsmyname

Termination??? Help!!!!

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I think we had a good reason why i did not show up during my appointments but it does not mean that i wasn't serious about my marriage or in our relationship. When I had my first appointment my husband was here in Philippines and he resigned at his job and believe that he will stay here for good but he wasn't in good shape after 10 months to stay so he decided to go back in U.S.A (we lived together for 13 months) The medical exam was already paid in BPI, i know it was a waste and it hurt me a lot but we are having a problem about money so that was the main reason why we had to cancel the 2 appointments but I hope there will be another chances for us. We are almost 9 months apart from each other since he left , i hope the embassy will understand. But right now I am studying and i have almost 8 months to go before my graduation day. My husband want me to go and visit him during my semestral break this coming october, so we are planning about visitor/tourist visa would it be possible? I will only stay atleast 2 weeks and back in phils to finish my school and if so does anyone could give me all the details if what are the requirements or documents needed???please help

Good catch Otto :)

Edited by Bobby_Umit

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

• 8 months later...

I have read from this link http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3222.html about the visa termination.Says that:

A Notice of Termination of Registration is sent if, after one year, the beneficiary fails to:

1. apply for an immigrant visa despite official notification from the National Visa Center or the Embassy to apply or respond to Packet 3;

Beneficiaries, however, may request reinstatement of their immigrant visa applications if, within a year of the termination notice, they are able to satisfactorily explain that their failure to pursue the application was for reasons beyond their control. Otherwise, visa applications will continue to be subject to cancellation procedures in accordance to U.S. immigration laws and regulations.

It is almost 2 years now since we cancelled the appointment with the confirmation of course. On their record it says we cancelled it but is the cancellation the same as termination?? Because we did not get a notice of termination.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by ImissUbabe

All you can do is call them and see. there are im sure in some cases that you may not receive the termination letter. Maybe because you never tried to reschedule they felt you were abandoning the visa process. CALL THE EMBASSY and find out what are your options.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

All you can do is call them and see. there are im sure in some cases that you may not receive the termination letter. Maybe because you never tried to reschedule they felt you were abandoning the visa process. CALL THE EMBASSY and find out what are your options.

Thanks both I think this is the best that we could before sending out the papers. Thank you.

FWIW our appointment never showed on that site...it wont show in most cases...i could only find K-1s there on it. You need to call the embassy and talk to a live person

For our Full timeline

event.png

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3238.html

There is a place on it where you can check the case number when you have it already and that is what i did but there is no luck. I guess i will just have to call the embassy and see what is the update of our application before. Can i reach them thru a mobile phone or got to be a landline because i did try to mobile before but it did not work huhuhuhu....

Anyway thank you so much Scott and Mhay...

God Bless both!!!

Yes i did check that site...even when we had an appointment for the interview it never showed on it. Also, make sure you click they submit button and not just hit enter.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.