nafnaf

Birth Certificate - Late Registered

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hello everyone....Is there anybody here who has a late registered birth certificate (NSO)? Is this a big problem during the interview? or do they ask any additional documents? I wanna know if there is somebody here in VJ who has also same case with mine, during your interview did the CO ask you why your birth certificate is late registered? need answers.... (btw, we are filing for IR1).thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
hello everyone....Is there anybody here who has a late registered birth certificate (NSO)? Is this a big problem during the interview? or do they ask any additional documents? I wanna know if there is somebody here in VJ who has also same case with mine, during your interview did the CO ask you why your birth certificate is late registered? need answers.... (btw, we are filing for IR1).thanks

You need not worry about it too much, even i had the same problem, they dint even notice it, but make sure u take your school records that has your date of birth in it....

All the best.....................

No, it wont be a problem. Just give a brief answer why you're late registered. The reason's written at the 2nd page of the bc. Just give that same answer. Dont elaborate more coz it might be the reason why they'll gonna ask u for more. Just bring your diploma, yearbook or any id's just in case they would ask for further identification of you. I was late registered too and the consul asked me abt it and i jst told him same reason i read at the 2nd page of bc. Got my pink slip after that. Goodluck on ur interview!

No, it wont be a problem. Just give a brief answer why you're late registered. The reason's written at the 2nd page of the bc. Just give that same answer. Dont elaborate more coz it might be the reason why they'll gonna ask u for more. Just bring your diploma, yearbook or any id's just in case they would ask for further identification of you. I was late registered too and the consul asked me abt it and i jst told him same reason i read at the 2nd page of bc. Got my pink slip after that. Goodluck on ur interview!

You need not worry about it too much, even i had the same problem, they dint even notice it, but make sure u take your school records that has your date of birth in it....

@ chennaisen.....thank you so much for your reply, it helps me breath well...:-)

@ chennaisen.....thank you so much for your reply, it helps me breath well...:-)

thanks a lot for the info, it helps me not to bothered too much about this...:-)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

It should not be a problem. May you have astounding luck on your VJ!

Edited by ddartt1

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

My BC was late registered too.

Being aware that it might cause some problems, I brought in my baptismal certificate.

She asked me why I was late registered and told her that my dad relied too much on the 'traditional hilot' that helped my mom during the delivery.

That she herself did not have it registered until my dad found out about it when I started going to school.

Good Luck on your journey! :D

SDYlm4.png

-=MY TIMELINE=-

K1 IR-5 (Dad)

01.05.09 - Medical

01.09.09 - Embassy Interview 11.25.13 - Mailed I-130 to Chicago Lockbox

01.17.09 - Visa rec'd 11.26.13 - Packet rec'd

02.03.09 - US Entry (POE: LAX) 11.27.13 - Check cashed

02.18.09 - Wedding 12.01.13 - NOA1 (Transfer to VSC

AOS 01.12.14 - NOA2 (Transfer to NVC)

03.02.09 - Applied for SSN on 2/27;SSN rec'd in mail 02.24.14 - NVC changed # to MNL

03.20.09 - AOS sent to Chicago via USPS 02.27.14 - DS 261 submitted

03.23.09 - AOS Package rec'd @ Chicago 03.04.14 - AOS fee paid; showed paid status on 3/6

07.06.09 - Welcome letter rec'd = FINALLY! 03.10.14 - AOS packet sent

07.09.09 - 10-YR GC rec'd.. odd? 03.12.14 - AOS packet delivered

I-751 03.17.14 - Rec'd IV bill invoice

04.04.11 - Infopass re:10-yr GC 03.18.14 - IV Fee paid; showed paid status on 3/20

04.09.11 - I-751 packet sent to VSC; delivered on 4/11 03.23.14 - DS 260 submitted online

04.22.11 - Check cashed; Rec'd NOA on 4/23 03.28.14 - Rec'd AOS checklist via email

06.27.11 - Rec'd bio appt in the mail:EB 07/08 (walk-in) 03.31.14 - Mailed checklist with corections

12.13.11 - I-751 approved 04.01.14 - Mailed civil documents

12.19.11 - 10-yr GC rec'd 04.03.14 - Civil docs delivered

N-400 04.07.14 - Advance Medical--PASSED!Done in 1 day

04.17.12 - N400 packet sent to TX Lockbox: REJECTED 04.18.14 - False IV checklist rec'd

05.17.12 - N400 resent to Lewisville,TX 04.23.14 - IV checklist re:Qatar PCC

05.23.12 - Check cashed; Rec'd NOA on 5/26 05.05.14 - Qatar PCC sent to NVC

06.01.12 - Rec'd bio appt in the mail:EB 06/11 instead of 6/21 06.05.14 - Case completed

07.09.12 - Rec'd interview letter for 8/14 @ 2PM 07.16.14 - Interview rescheduled due to Typhoon Glenda

08.14.12 - PASSED Interview; awaiting oath letter 07.31.14 - Interview @ USEM: APPROVED

10.01.12 - Rec'd Oath Letter 08.05.14 - Visa on hand

10.12.12 - Oath ceremony! I'm finally a USC! 08.27.14 - POE: LAX

09.08.14 - SSN in mail

09.15.14 - ELIS status changed to OPTIMIZED

09.22.14 - ELIS status CLOSED

09.26.14 - GC received

Most of the above post are incorrect. LOTS of people at USEM have been put on AR because of being late registered if they didn't have other evidence proving you are who your BC says you are.

They were put on AR and had to get the documents proving you are who your BC says you are. Be prepared to spend a couple months on AR if you don't have the following.

Baptismal certificate, copy of page in baptismal book, copy of the cover. School records, school albums, work records, SSS. Postal ID. Affidavit from Hilot or people who attended your birth.

Yeah lots get by with only the baptismal certificate but some don't like a friend of mine. She was on AR for 3 + months.

My wife was 7 years late also and took all of the above evidence and made it thru OK thanks to our friend.

Better to be safe than sorry waiting on AR.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Most of the above post are incorrect. LOTS of people at USEM have been put on AR because of being late registered if they didn't have other evidence proving you are who your BC says you are.

They were put on AR and had to get the documents proving you are who your BC says you are. Be prepared to spend a couple months on AR if you don't have the following.

Baptismal certificate, copy of page in baptismal book, copy of the cover. School records, school albums, work records, SSS. Postal ID. Affidavit from Hilot or people who attended your birth.

Yeah lots get by with only the baptismal certificate but some don't like a friend of mine. She was on AR for 3 + months.

My wife was 7 years late also and took all of the above evidence and made it thru OK thanks to our friend.

Agreed :thumbs:

And if you wanna read a horror story about it just search for abbynorm1 & abbynorm2 posts from April of this year.

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

thanks for this info..., I dont have any baptismal certificate since we are not catholic..is that ok? all i have is just those school records, school albums.Postal Id's..etc..

• 2 months later...
She was on AR for 3 + months.

What does waiting on AR mean? My fiancee is late registered and is having problems getting her passport.

• 08/28/08------ Met online
  • 06/07-06/23/09 Met in the Phils
  • 09/09-12/09--- 4 tries to get passport
  • 12/17/09------ Passport ACCEPTED!
  • 02/02/10------ Passport received

K-1:

• 12/19/09------ USCIS: I-129F sent
  • 12/23/09------ USCIS: NOA1 (case received)
  • 03/18/10------ USCIS: NOA2 ACCEPTED! (85 days)
  • 03/24/10------ NVC: received case
  • 03/29/10------ NVC: sent case to USEM
  • 04/14-04/15/10 USEM: medical exam PASSED!
  • 04/27/10------ USEM: visa APPROVED! (125 days)
  • 05/04/10------ USEM: visa received
  • 05/29-06/14/10 2nd trip to the Phils!
  • 06/14/10------ POE: Minneapolis

AOS:

• 08/04/10------ WEDDING!
  • 08/30/10------ SS#
  • 09/09/10------ AOS: I-485 sent
  • 10/14/10------ AOS: Case transferred to CSC
  • 10/19/10------ AOS: Biometrics appt.
  • 11/08/10------ AOS: I-485 APPROVED! (60 days)
  • 11/16/10------ AOS: Green card received

ROC:

• 08/10/12------ ROC: I-751 sent
  • 08/14/12------ ROC: NOA1 (case received)
  • 09/19/12------ ROC: Biometrics appt.
  • 03/25/13------ ROC: RFE
  • 05/04/13------ ROC: Evidence sent
  • 05/29/13------ ROC: Case transferred to Newark (found out on 08/12/13)
  • 07/15/13------ ROC: Service request by phone
  • 07/24/13------ ROC: USCIS letter received - case still pending, transferred to Newark Field Office
  • 08/12/13------ ROC: I-551 stamp on passport at Newark
  • 08/23/13------ ROC: USCIS letter received – interview scheduled
  • 10/08/13------ ROC: USCIS interview; APPROVED! (420 days)
  • 12/06/13------ ROC: Green card received

Gosh! :blink: I'm also late registered.i'm thankful i read this..i will now prepared those docs for my future interview :wacko: Godbless!

K1 Visa
Sept.2009 Sent Petition
Oct.2009 Petition Approved
Nov.2009 Visa Recieved
-------------------------
AOS
Feb. 2010 Sent AOS
Mar. 2010 Biometrics
May 2010 Interview
Jun 2010 GC Recieved
-------------------------
Removing of Condition:
Mar.19,2012---------ROC sent
Mar.20,2012---------VSC received signed by D. Renaud
Mar.23,2012---------Check encashed
Mar.24,2012---------NOA1
Apr.19,2012----------Biometrics (Early Bio 4/11/2012)
May 2012 ------------Biometrics redo

Nov.30,2012---------RFE (fingerprint can't read needs to submit police clearance)

May 2013-------------Received Permanent Residence Card

00bor6fe477d3.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.