TomandHongyan

Interview questions-please help

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi gang, I am new at all of this but have been told by people this is where to find out the best answers.

#1, I have a fiance from Anshan China she is 45 and I am 59, does age difference make a difference, as we are so much in love?

#2, I have been trying to teach her as much english as possible, and she goes to english classes every Thursday after work and on Saturdays and Sundays. She still has a hard time understaing. At the interview, i am sure they want them to communicate in english, but if they don't understand something, will they explain in chinese or is that a red flag?

#3, I have been talking threw the computer for over 1 year to my fiance and seeing her on the webcam and writing and learning on the computer while we see each other, this is every morning and every night for over 1 year. I am not good at the computers, just on and off and a few other things. I just found out how to save our conversation on line, is this a problem with the time gap between now and when we started talking on the computer, as I don't have copys of those talks. I have all phone records also

#4, I have been to China to see my fiance 4 times in the last 10 months with the last trip for 2 weeks on april 13 and coming home on april the 30th. I have copys of all airline tickets etc. We have many pictures with us and her family, our engagement dinner at her brothers home, pictures in 10 different citys, pictures of her son with us at times, will I need more then 1 picture of each?

#5 I filed for a K2 for her son that is 20, he turned 20 on April 13, will they interview him too?

#6, is there anyone who is out there that can tell me what I am missing and should have and bring to her interview.

#7, Is there any chinese lady out there that has been threw GZ that is willing to email and talk to my fiance, as many things I just can't get threw to her, her english is still poor, even after 15 months of being together.

Edited by silverfox5859

Silverfox5859

Filed: Country: Niue
Timeline
Hi gang, I am new at all of this but have been told by people this is where to find out the best answers.

#1, I have a fiance from Anshan China she is 45 and I am 59, does age difference make a difference, as we are so much in love?

#2, I have been trying to teach her as much english as possible, and she goes to english classes every Thursday after work and on Saturdays and Sundays. She still has a hard time understaing. At the interview, i am sure they want them to communicate in english, but if they don't understand something, will they explain in chinese or is that a red flag?

#3, I have been talking threw the computer for over 1 year to my fiance and seeing her on the webcam and writing and learning on the computer while we see each other, this is every morning and every night for over 1 year. I am not good at the computers, just on and off and a few other things. I just found out how to save our conversation on line, is this a problem with the time gap between now and when we started talking on the computer, as I don't have copys of those talks. I have all phone records also

#4, I have been to China to see my fiance 4 times in the last 10 months with the last trip for 2 weeks on april 13 and coming home on april the 30th. I have copys of all airline tickets etc. We have many pictures with us and her family, our engagement dinner at her brothers home, pictures in 10 different citys, pictures of her son with us at times, will I need more then 1 picture of each?

#5 I filed for a K2 for her son that is 20, he turned 20 on April 13, will they interview him too?

#6, is there anyone who is out there that can tell me what I am missing and should have and bring to her interview.

#7, Is there any chinese lady out there that has been threw GZ that is willing to email and talk to my fiance, as many things I just can't get threw to her, her english is still poor, even after 15 months of being together.

My Finance's interview is 8/6 so I can help you with some of this. Others will add to my reply.

1. Won't make a difference.

2. I'm told there are interpreters in the interview so she will be able to communicate. I'm not sure how the officer views this.

4. You have what you have. I used a calling card for the 1st 6 months only to find out the call records are not available. I wrote a letter explaining this but I doubt it will be considered. I have records of our daily Skype sessions for the subsequent months.

5. Make a duplicates set of everything, pictures, documents, etc in case you need it. I also have a scanned version of everything.

6. I think so.

7. I'm sure you will get many volunteers. If not I will speak with my Fiancee.

More information - You'll have to prove you live in the US. I provided a copy of my apartment lease, utility bills and drivers license. This is in additional to my tax returns, W2's and verification of employment. You'll need to provide a copy of your passport showing the entry and departure stamps. Provide originals (if possible) of EVERY receipt or any record of travel that you have. I provided boarding passes, luggage stickers, booking confirmations, flight payment receipts, E-tickets, receipts for items bought at the airport. EVERYTHING.

My fiancee has her divorce record, but she still needs to provide an official certification that she is not currently married. She is getting this today.

We've accumulated so many documents that I've lost track. I'm hoping to assemble a list so others can begin preparing before they receive package 4.

Good luck to you.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Guangzhou, China

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-01

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-02-28

NVC Left : 2009-03-17

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-15

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-23

Packet 4 Received : 2009-07-24

Interview Date : 2009-08-06

Visa Received : 2009-08-11

US Entry : 2009-10-06 San Francisco

Marriage : 2009-10-15 Sacramento

I-130 Submitted : 2009-11-03

I-485 Submitted : 2009-11-03

I-130 NOA : 2009-11-09

I-485 NOA : 2009-11-09

Timeline

My Finance's interview is 8/6 so I can help you with some of this. Others will add to my reply.

1. Won't make a difference.

2. I'm told there are interpreters in the interview so she will be able to communicate. I'm not sure how the officer views this.

4. You have what you have. I used a calling card for the 1st 6 months only to find out the call records are not available. I wrote a letter explaining this but I doubt it will be considered. I have records of our daily Skype sessions for the subsequent months.

5. Make a duplicates set of everything, pictures, documents, etc in case you need it. I also have a scanned version of everything.

6. I think so.

7. I'm sure you will get many volunteers. If not I will speak with my Fiancee.

More information - You'll have to prove you live in the US. I provided a copy of my apartment lease, utility bills and drivers license. This is in additional to my tax returns, W2's and verification of employment. You'll need to provide a copy of your passport showing the entry and departure stamps. Provide originals (if possible) of EVERY receipt or any record of travel that you have. I provided boarding passes, luggage stickers, booking confirmations, flight payment receipts, E-tickets, receipts for items bought at the airport. EVERYTHING.

My fiancee has her divorce record, but she still needs to provide an official certification that she is not currently married. She is getting this today.

We've accumulated so many documents that I've lost track. I'm hoping to assemble a list so others can begin preparing before they receive package 4.

Good luck to you.

Thank you, I have everything you have said, this is good, my finace has already got the police report for her and her son and some doctors record for there vaccination, and everything is translated into english. The english is what I am worried about the most, she has studied so hard for 15 months but we still have trouble in some areas. I sure hope you are right about the volunteers or help, because I am not sure if she understands or not. Sometime I feel she is such a procrastinator, but it could be the language barrier. I just don't want to wait till the last minute. Thanks again

Silverfox5859

Timeline

When my wife had her interview the man started to conduct it in English. My wife (finacee at the time) asked if she could please have the interview have the interview in Chinese. The interviewer then switched to Chinese but he was not a native speaker. My wife told me that his Chinese was not that good so she asked for someone else. After her second request a Chinese woman was brought in to help with the interview. My suggestion is that you have your finacee do the same.

10-17-2006. I-129F filed.

10-19-2006. NOA1

01-25-2007. NOA2

02-12-2007. NVC notification saying petition is approved.

05-11-2007. Packet 3 received.

05-14-2007. Packet 3 forms sent.

06-16-2007. Packet 4 received.

07-03-2007. Medical examination.

07-10-2007. Interview. Passed!!!!

07-12-2007. Received visa.

07-18-2007. Applied for Marriage License.

08-04-2007. Fan arrives in the United States.

08-08-2007. Married.

08-24-2007. Applications for AOS, EAD, and Advance Parole.

08-30-2007. NOA for AOS.

09-07-2007. Applied for SSN.

09-18-2007. NOA for EAD and Advance Parole.

09-20-2007. Received SS card.

10-05-2007. Received appointment date for biometrics.

10-23-2007. Received Advance Parole.

11-02-2007. Biometrics.

11-06-2007. AOS transfered to CSC.

11-07-2007. EAD approved.

11-16-2007. EAD card received.

12-06-2007. AOS approved.

12-14-2007. Green Card Received in mail.

09-05-2009. I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence sent.

09-16-2009. NOA and biometrics appointment received.

10-13-2009. Biometrics.

10-26-2009. USCIS email. Approved. Card production ordered.

10-29-2009. Approval notice, dated 10-26, arrives in mail.

11-02-2009. Green Card arrives in mail.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Ability to communicate BFI BIG BIG Issue

get translators for each of you.

send translated emails. yup, yours to her are in Chinese and hers to you in are in English.

sooner or later you need to communicate. Learn some Chinese, it's invaluable.

learn to save these translated emails. this got my Yan a Pink, I am almost certain.

You have other marriages (flag). You have to figure (as you know) the weak link is the language: How to show you can overcome it in real life. If you know some Chinese write her. The nature of technology maters not. Your functionality with it is significant.

In all reality it is easier to show commitment if YOU KNOW/learning CHINESE! As they can only guess at your knowledge ANY SHOW of THAT is valuable. She will not pass any language test. If you act with this in mind, the odds shift in your favor of PINK!.

Just opinion based on only two points, my pink and a similar CLEANER guy with blue to white.

Edited by Mike and Yan

I-130 Submission to Interview - 162 days

NVC Out to P4 - 86 days

2009-02-02 Nanning Wedding

USCIS Journey - 1 MONTH

2009-03-04 : I-130 Sent

NVC Journey- 7 WEEKS

2009-04-02 : NOA2, I130 Sent to NVC

DHL Journey- 7 WEEKs

2009-05-19 : NVC Out

Embassy Journey - 6 WEEKS

2009-07-06 : CR1 Delivered to Guangzhou

2009-08-13 : Visa Approved !!!!

2009-09-12 : US Entry JFK

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Country: China
Timeline

My girl knew how to speak a little English to start, and I still know just a few words in Chinese. I did learn how to sing Happy Birthday though! :D

We did email for months in English. I bought her a Besta translator. She insisted in getting better at English so every single day for the last year and a half we have talked on the phone in English. She has sent us cards with notes written in English.

So we can communicate with each other in English and that will only get better once they arrive here, and so will my Chinese. Also, my sons study Chinese in school and her daughter studies English.

moving right along

Timeline
My girl knew how to speak a little English to start, and I still know just a few words in Chinese. I did learn how to sing Happy Birthday though! :D

We did email for months in English. I bought her a Besta translator. She insisted in getting better at English so every single day for the last year and a half we have talked on the phone in English. She has sent us cards with notes written in English.

So we can communicate with each other in English and that will only get better once they arrive here, and so will my Chinese. Also, my sons study Chinese in school and her daughter studies English.

I have a Besta also.

It was the only one I could find with english keypad. Most are all chinese.

NVC Out to P4 - 86 days

USCIS Journey - 1 MONTH

NVC Journey- 7 WEEKS

DHL Journey- 7 WEEKs

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

I have a Besta also.

She uses the stylist pen to write the characters on the translator and get the English translation. When we talk I can hear the quiet 'tap tap tap' of the plastic pen on the input screen. :D

moving right along

Timeline

I have a Besta also.

She uses the stylist pen to write the characters on the translator and get the English translation. When we talk I can hear the quiet 'tap tap tap' of the plastic pen on the input screen. :D

I can hear the crapy English from it as she tries to pronounce the word!!! :rofl:

(I guess she can hear the crapy Chinese from mine as I try to pronounce a word!!!) :rofl:

NVC Out to P4 - 86 days

USCIS Journey - 1 MONTH

NVC Journey- 7 WEEKS

DHL Journey- 7 WEEKs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.