happywifeymom

Don't know what's going on?? Anyone?

17 posts in this topic

Hello fellow members,

Just wanna ask if anyone here filed their I-130 on April ? We sent our I-130 applications for my 2 kids on April of this year. We only got the NOA 1 and no touches,,no emails or whatever? I don't know what's going on?What should I do?

Anybody here sent their I-130 on April and got an approval? Thanks for those who will share their experiece.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

When we filed in 2007 , we filed the in May and the I-130 were approved in July so wait a little longer it should be coming shortly.

what service center did you file at?

You are still within the normal processing do you have all docs ready to go once it hits NVC?

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Hello fellow members,

Just wanna ask if anyone here filed their I-130 on April ? We sent our I-130 applications for my 2 kids on April of this year. We only got the NOA 1 and no touches,,no emails or whatever? I don't know what's going on?What should I do?

Anybody here sent their I-130 on April and got an approval? Thanks for those who will share their experiece.

I as well filed my stepdaughters I-130's in April. I have been constantly checking, and unfortunately, just like you, nothing has been done on their's either. I keep hoping and waiting.

Hello fellow members,

I as well filed my stepdaughters I-130's in April. I have been constantly checking, and unfortunately, just like you, nothing has been done on their's either. I keep hoping and waiting.

Thanks.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hello fellow members,

Thanks.

I have a bit of a theory about the delay. It IS just a theory but it makes sense to me!

1. I remember reading that April is when the Employment Visa applications have to be submitted.

2. US School Holidays start earlier than in Europe

3. The 'Obama bounce' has caused a lot of various visa applications

4. The I-130 visa's have been put on hold during the busy summer period to take the strain off US Embassy Staff

So maybe the I-130's were being chased through in March to make way for the busy summer period. US school holidays soon finish so perhaps things will start up again soon.

One chart showed the current waiting time from NOA-1 to NOA-2 at around 111 days. This would be in line with those who have been waiting since early April.

IF my theory is correct then things should start moving real soon.

Be encouraged!

IR-5 FOR BOTH PARENTS

04/23/09 : I-130 Sent

04/30/09 : I-130 NOA1 Received

08/10/09 : I-130 Approved

08/14/09 : I-130 NOA2 Received

08/17/09 : NVC Case Numbers issued

08/17/09 : Called NVC and registered email addresses against Case Number

08/20/09 : Received DS-3032 & I-864 Bill

08/20/09 : Paid I-864 Bill

08/21/09 : Returned Completed DS-3032 Forms (by email)

08/23/09 : Receive I-864 Package

08/24/09 : Return Completed I-864

08/26/09 : I-864 Acknowledged at NVC

09/03/09 : Receive IV Bill

09/03/09 : Paid IV Bill

09/03/09 : DS-3032 Accepted

09/04/09 : IV Bill shown as PAID

09/04/09 : Returned Completed DS-230 package

09/08/09 : DS-230 Received NVC

09/17/09 : RFE (Military Record of Service & German Police Check)

10/02/09 : RFE Documents sent by DHL to NVC

10/07/09 : Documents arrive at NVC

10/16/09 : Case Complete NVC

10/26/09 : Received email notification of case complete

10/29/09 : Notification of interview date by email

10/30/09 : Medicals Booked

11/17/09 : Medical in London (Richard)

11/19/09 : Medical in London (My wife)

12/01/09 : Interview in London

12/01/09 : Required documents faxed to embassy

12/09/09 : Required documents faxed again to embassy

12/09/09 : Hard copies of documents mailed to embassy

12/17/09 : Visa received by courier

12/18/09 : US ENTRY ORLANDO!

Sometimes it takes more than the processing time for a petition for kids to be approved. We applied for my kids June 2008 and they were approved December 2008. It was almost 6 months for my kids, you're still on the processing time I guess. You're still fine. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy day for us!! Received email notice (as well as verified online) that all 3 of my stepdaughters I-130's were approved- California Service Center.

To remind everyone- our "received date was March 26th, and our Notice date was April 1st.

Also, this was the first update since yesterday when it showed the cases had been "touched" but no update listed.

Onto the next step....and more waiting.

Hope everyone waiting hears positive news soon as well.

Good luck to all.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Happy day for us!! Received email notice (as well as verified online) that all 3 of my stepdaughters I-130's were approved- California Service Center.

To remind everyone- our "received date was March 26th, and our Notice date was April 1st.

Also, this was the first update since yesterday when it showed the cases had been "touched" but no update listed.

Good luck to all.

Excellent news thanks for letting us know. Get all the docs ready for the NVC cause you will fly through :)

Happywifeymom any news??

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Good luck to all.

Excellent news thanks for letting us know. Get all the docs ready for the NVC cause you will fly through :)

Happywifeymom any news??

Good morning everyone

Just a quick question, when you look online what does a 'touch' look like? Does it actually say 'touched'?

I have been wondering about this for weeks!

Best wishes

Richard

IR-5 FOR BOTH PARENTS

04/23/09 : I-130 Sent

04/30/09 : I-130 NOA1 Received

08/10/09 : I-130 Approved

08/14/09 : I-130 NOA2 Received

08/17/09 : NVC Case Numbers issued

08/17/09 : Called NVC and registered email addresses against Case Number

08/20/09 : Received DS-3032 & I-864 Bill

08/20/09 : Paid I-864 Bill

08/21/09 : Returned Completed DS-3032 Forms (by email)

08/23/09 : Receive I-864 Package

08/24/09 : Return Completed I-864

08/26/09 : I-864 Acknowledged at NVC

09/03/09 : Receive IV Bill

09/03/09 : Paid IV Bill

09/03/09 : DS-3032 Accepted

09/04/09 : IV Bill shown as PAID

09/04/09 : Returned Completed DS-230 package

09/08/09 : DS-230 Received NVC

09/17/09 : RFE (Military Record of Service & German Police Check)

10/02/09 : RFE Documents sent by DHL to NVC

10/07/09 : Documents arrive at NVC

10/16/09 : Case Complete NVC

10/26/09 : Received email notification of case complete

10/29/09 : Notification of interview date by email

10/30/09 : Medicals Booked

11/17/09 : Medical in London (Richard)

11/19/09 : Medical in London (My wife)

12/01/09 : Interview in London

12/01/09 : Required documents faxed to embassy

12/09/09 : Required documents faxed again to embassy

12/09/09 : Hard copies of documents mailed to embassy

12/17/09 : Visa received by courier

12/18/09 : US ENTRY ORLANDO!

Filed: Timeline

happywifeymom dont woory we are in the same situation

i filed for my stepson last april 1 and i received the noa 1 last april 30 but after that i dont have any updated on my case.

it's been 4 months since we received the noa1

question

1st how many months usuallty it takes to petition stepson?

2nd my wife is conditional green card holder can she petition her adults kid?

3rd like i said my wife is condtional green card holder it will expires in two years, how long the wait time to be able to apply for the citizenship. she received her conditonal green card last march 2009 and will expire on march 2011

Good luck to all.

Happywifeymom any news??

NO updates , no email no news :crying::crying::crying:

happywifeymom dont woory we are in the same situation

i filed for my stepson last april 1 and i received the noa 1 last april 30 but after that i dont have any updated on my case.

it's been 4 months since we received the noa1

question

1st how many months usuallty it takes to petition stepson?

2nd my wife is conditional green card holder can she petition her adults kid?

3rd like i said my wife is condtional green card holder it will expires in two years, how long the wait time to be able to apply for the citizenship. she received her conditonal green card last march 2009 and will expire on march 2011

1. Not sure how many months even though the processing times says 6 months.

2 Yes she can when she become a US citizen or even if she's an LPR as long she can prove she is financially able to support their kids but depends on how old is the kid/

3.when you are 3 yrs married and 3 yrs of continues residency.

Good luck to all.

Happywifeymom any news??

Hello,

Wondering if any of you can help me with this. I seem to have forgotten the process since the 6 years ago I went through it with my husband. Or maybe I blocked all of the waiting out of my mind!

NArocks- you advised- "Get all the docs ready for the NVC cause you will fly through " (Gosh I hope so!!)

(Please anyone else that has advise, feel free to answer as well!)

What docs can I get ready ahead of time? Is anything time sensative (letter from employer?)

Can I advise the girls' mother to start gathering anything?

Also, does anyone have any experience in what the interview process is for children?

These are 3 shy girls, who I'm sure are going to feel very intimidated going to the embassy.

I would love to be able to give them some information on what to expect.

Thanks in advance to all who share their experiences and "lessons learned!"

For others reading and looking for answers, I hope these questions/answers help you on your journey as well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.