juana17

what the NVC says to do about 129-fs after your I130 cr1 is completed

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

today when i called to see if my new case had been assigned a number, I spoke to a supervisor who was VERY NICE. This was after speaking to someone who was very not nice, terse, impatient, and could not answer the question of what should i do next. Yes i understand they talk to thousands of people who are not all informed and ask some dumb questions, well then get a new job if you can't be ok with it. Most of us are honest, sincereand willing to spend everything we have to bring our families together , that's as my friend Ms. Martha says, "a good thing..." SO I was told on Friday July 24 :star: email about my 129 approval to "Follow the instructions on the NOA2" when i received it. So my question was , since I had a already paid for all of the fees, what did they want? And the answer(s) were... that the cases were COMPLETELY separate , and yes would have to file all the docs again and fees etc. Well, since NVC has that all in the fileI asked if that could be sent to the consulate and they said NO> not possible although the 129 was gonna go there. ALL I wanted to know was , which is 1. better, and 2. faster. as we want to be together here asap , not another 6 months from now! so boom, the supervisor came onto the phone and was MUCH much more informative. She said it would be wiser to focus on the completed case which was in line for an interview appt. , and that (listen to this my heart skipped beating)they had already sent an expedite request to the embassy but since they had not received an answer they would send another!! I was so happy and at least i am seeing this as positive! so how confusing it was reading the wiki that is so so well written but then the reality is maybe a little different, nobody tells you you would have to pay twice!! that is crazy!!! so thats my long story , the only way i write. I feel like our luck is turning!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: juana

One love...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

So, you're going the k3 route then?

We did the same thing for a number of reasons and I wouldnt change a thing.

Well congrats on the approval and I hope you get a quick interview date. Good Luck! :)

Edited by Y's_habibitk

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
So, you're going the k3 route then?

We did the same thing for a number of reasons and I wouldnt change a thing.

Well congrats on the approval and I hope you get a quick interview date. Good Luck! :)

NO! I am gonna stick with the CR-1 that is already completed and in line for the interview scheduling, what they told me was that I would have to pay all the fees again and go thru the whole process of making the file, they have all our original copies!, noway I can do that.... this does make you crazy doesn't it? :wacko: I just don't know what to think anymore! :blink:

but thanks anyway, and we all need all the luck we can get to get the interview date! god help us all.... :thumbs:

One love...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.