Liam and Kara

I'm confused! yet AGAIN! LOL

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

2. Send all originals of the documentary proof that you submitted for the I-129F to your fiance(e) for their interview at the embassy.

Does this mean I have to send in ORIGINAL divorce, birth etc certificates? I'm confused--I sent original signed forms etc to them when I sent in I129F I made two other packets exactly the same but they're just copies.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Yes, you were supposed to submit the copies for the petition and keep the originals and give them to your fiance. The reason is that if USICIS looses the file or part of it, your fiance could produce originals at the interview and avoided any delays in the visa.

But don't worry, you've already sent them in. ITs not going to ruin your petition or anything. I suggest requesting additional copies of those decrees and certificates and keeping them on hand, for the next phases of the process. Plus if they arrive in time and you can have your fiance replace them with originals in his file.

Timeline
Yes, you were supposed to submit the copies for the petition and keep the originals and give them to your fiance. The reason is that if USICIS looses the file or part of it, your fiance could produce originals at the interview and avoided any delays in the visa.

But don't worry, you've already sent them in. ITs not going to ruin your petition or anything. I suggest requesting additional copies of those decrees and certificates and keeping them on hand, for the next phases of the process. Plus if they arrive in time and you can have your fiance replace them with originals in his file.

I don't feel comfortable sending in my original birth certificate etc. and my original passport? That's my entire identity

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Your fiance will require your original birth certificate and any divorce documents for the interview. They do not get left with Consulate staff but they have the right to demand to see the originals of any copy submitted. Not having them could result in an RFE. I know my then fiancee was very reluctant to let his birth certificate and divorce documents out of his possession - but I was required to show them at the interview.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
Your fiance will require your original birth certificate and any divorce documents for the interview. They do not get left with Consulate staff but they have the right to demand to see the originals of any copy submitted. Not having them could result in an RFE. I know my then fiancee was very reluctant to let his birth certificate and divorce documents out of his possession - but I was required to show them at the interview.

ok - thank you---I'm also wondering -- do I send my fiance the sponsor information? I received my hardcopy NOA2 and all it said was that our case was being submitted to NVC then to London--but it left no further instruction as to what I'm suppose to do and WHEN I'm suppose to do it?

Timeline

here ya go

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/iv_15.html#mc

You may already have this link...but it will help if you dont....it also says it needs original divorce decrees but just HIS birth certificate, not yours or your passport, its his info they are getting now.

allison.

Edited by Allie and Nigel

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

here ya go

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/iv_15.html#mc

You may already have this link...but it will help if you dont....it also says it needs original divorce decrees but just HIS birth certificate, not yours or your passport, its his info they are getting now.

allison.

Sorry to contradict, but when I read the site, it seemed that it only mentioned original "applicant" info, which is the UKC. I asked someone who's been thru the interview already, and they said that original docs (birth cert/divorce decrees) are not needed from the USC. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry3154035

Edited by Ian and Lisa

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

ok - thank you---I'm also wondering -- do I send my fiance the sponsor information? I received my hardcopy NOA2 and all it said was that our case was being submitted to NVC then to London--but it left no further instruction as to what I'm suppose to do and WHEN I'm suppose to do it?

Your fiance will receive the packet 3 from the embassy once it gets through the NVC. Packet 3 will tell you what to do and when to do it. Of course it helps to know ahead of time what they want you from you in packet 3 that way you can have it ready to send off in a jiffy.

After that you will have all the time between the packet 3 sent and her interview to figure out what loose ends you need to tie up. So don't stress yourself out to bad just yet.

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.