MapleLeafBaby

AOS'rs...

2,317 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Why is the government so confusing!!! Well at least i know that it's not just me.

2007-11-10 Met on an airplane on the way to Japan

2008-03-28 First actual date!

2009-03-31 Returned from Japan

K1 Timeline

2009-08-22 Filed K1

2009-09-01 NOA1

2009-09-29 NOA2

2009-10-23 Montreal Received

2009-11-08 Packet 3 Sent

2010-02-02 Packet 4 Received

2010-03-19 Interview

Interview Result :Admin Review-missing papers

2010-06-24 Visa in Hand.. FINALLY!!!

2010-06-25 US Entry

2010-07-02 MARRIED!

2010-07-13 Applied for SSN

2010-08-03 SSN received

AOS Timeline

2010-08-16 I485 sent to chicago lockbox

2010-08-24 NOA1 received

2010-09-17 Case transferred to CSC

2010-10-23 Bio appt letter received for nov 9th

2010-11-03 Biometrics appt. EAD card issued

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The husband and I are going for my Biometrics on Friday and I was just wondering, from other people's experiences, any thoughts on what's the best colours to wear for having your picture taken?

Is it like when you get your picture taken for your passport? No light colours, or whatever it is...

Was thinking of just wearing black, like I usually do, and not really any fancy jewelry. I have a necklace that I love that I think I'll wear. Nothing low-cut, of course, either.

Thoughts?

Suggestions?

:whistle:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

pretty much same as a passport pic. i look so very blah lol. its the same pic on your ead and your greencard so wear what you want:)

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Yeah it's basically just a picture of your face and neck with a tiny bit of shoulder. You really don't need to worry about what you're wearing, because the picture won't show it.

If your picture lady is nice like mine was, she'll show you the picture and let you retake if it looks bad! :D

Timeline

AOS interview is on Monday, Oct. 4 and my husband and I are trying to get our papers in order:

1. Did I have to have the original of the NOA2 of the I-129F, I know I submitted a copy with the AOS package but I haven't been able to figure out where my original went (doh)?

2. What do I take as documentation establishing my Canadian husband's eligibility for Lawful Permanent Resident status?

3. What do I take as the petitioner's evidence of United States Citizenship? I am taking my birth certificate because it says to, but isn't that evidence of U.S. citizenship? Should I take my passport too?

4. Will this be enough supporting evidence of our relationship? I added my husband to my bank account, but his name doesn't appear on my statement but we have checks with both our names printed on them. Would the checks be good? I have a piece of mail from our church where we were married that has both our names on it and our address. I have our individual car titles with our mutual address (but he owns his car and I own mine, both our names aren't on one). Would the car titles be good? I am going to print out a few wedding photos, but from what I have read about Detroit, they don't really look at them anyway.

Monday is coming so quickly.

Timeline

Everything you need to show, they should already have, because you submitted it with the I-485. Aside from our relationship evidence, the IO didn't really ask to see any documents or forms (even though I brought everything!)

1. I didn't need our original NOA2 at the interview.

2. His eligibility to adjust status is based on his marriage to you- so the marriage certificate. Also, his passport with the K-1 visa and I-94 showing lawful entry. Definitely make sure you have that (which I know you already know!)

3. We brought my husbands birth certificate but we were never asked for it. He also brought his passport, and If I remember correctly, they asked for it when we went through security at the USCIS office. They took my passport and interview letter, and his passport. The interviewer also asked to see photo ID from both of us before starting the interview.

4. As far as evidence goes, the checks sound good, but the other things really only show that you live together at the same address. Do you have anything like joint auto insurance? Or health insurance? Credit cards?

You may not need it. The IO interviewing us didn't pay too much attention to our evidence. He looked over it, and they just put it into our file. But, some IO's expect more than others, so you never know. Our IO wasn't remotely interesting in wedding pictures.

Best of luck to you! Not that you need luck :)

Timeline

Thanks, Kimbear and Huggle. I hope I'll get someone nice that'll let me check it out. I'll just wear what I want, and make sure I'm comfortable mostly. But, knowing me, I'll stress and worry over what I', going to wear and how to do my makeup. :)

I wore Orange!

Also, if your case was transferred to CSC and said it's being handled at a USCIS Office, means it's still at CSC! They are a USCIS office.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline

I wore Orange!

Also, if your case was transferred to CSC and said it's being handled at a USCIS Office, means it's still at CSC! They are a USCIS office.

Gah, orange! j/k

It'll probably be black, pink, blue or green... yeah, I have too many choices! :) Tomorrow I think I might try to iron out that plan and do a run-through of my makeup too, as my 3rd Kat Von D eyeshadow palette is supposed to be here tomorrow.

I'm excited and nervous at the same time!

Timeline

Everything you need to show, they should already have, because you submitted it with the I-485. Aside from our relationship evidence, the IO didn't really ask to see any documents or forms (even though I brought everything!)

1. I didn't need our original NOA2 at the interview.

Good, we have a copy of it and hopefully we will find the original in my "newly rearranged" home before we have to do removal of conditions.

2. His eligibility to adjust status is based on his marriage to you- so the marriage certificate. Also, his passport with the K-1 visa and I-94 showing lawful entry. Definitely make sure you have that (which I know you already know!)

Okay, we have the government issued marriage certificate, his passport with K-1 visa and his I-94 in it

3. We brought my husbands birth certificate but we were never asked for it. He also brought his passport, and If I remember correctly, they asked for it when we went through security at the USCIS office. They took my passport and interview letter, and his passport. The interviewer also asked to see photo ID from both of us before starting the interview.

We have both our birth certificates and both our passports and both our drivers licenses.

4. As far as evidence goes, the checks sound good, but the other things really only show that you live together at the same address. Do you have anything like joint auto insurance? Or health insurance? Credit cards?

I did find our joint auto insurance with both our names on it. Health insurance cards are through my work so that may work. Credit cards, he has a card but his name isn't on our statement either (like my bank statement since I just added him as an authorized user). I figure it will all go well.

You may not need it. The IO interviewing us didn't pay too much attention to our evidence. He looked over it, and they just put it into our file. But, some IO's expect more than others, so you never know. Our IO wasn't remotely interesting in wedding pictures.

Best of luck to you! Not that you need luck :)

Timeline

I got a transfer notice today saying that my case got transfered to CSC. My Biometrics appointment is on Friday, so hopefully this means things will move smoother. But, it is the government, so who knows.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I still haven't gotten any notice on my biometrics appointment and still can't check the status of my EAD on the uscis website. I think I'm going to try calling again and seeing what's up.

2007-11-10 Met on an airplane on the way to Japan

2008-03-28 First actual date!

2009-03-31 Returned from Japan

K1 Timeline

2009-08-22 Filed K1

2009-09-01 NOA1

2009-09-29 NOA2

2009-10-23 Montreal Received

2009-11-08 Packet 3 Sent

2010-02-02 Packet 4 Received

2010-03-19 Interview

Interview Result :Admin Review-missing papers

2010-06-24 Visa in Hand.. FINALLY!!!

2010-06-25 US Entry

2010-07-02 MARRIED!

2010-07-13 Applied for SSN

2010-08-03 SSN received

AOS Timeline

2010-08-16 I485 sent to chicago lockbox

2010-08-24 NOA1 received

2010-09-17 Case transferred to CSC

2010-10-23 Bio appt letter received for nov 9th

2010-11-03 Biometrics appt. EAD card issued

I still haven't gotten any notice on my biometrics appointment and still can't check the status of my EAD on the uscis website. I think I'm going to try calling again and seeing what's up.

Just be patient, it probably means your ASC is busy, just like mine in Dallas (I have been waiting for more than 2 months... July 22nd is my NOA1 and still no Biometrics appointment letter) If you already put in a service request for your biometrics (calling USCIS a first time), no need to call again. Be patient.

01/12/2011: GreenCard approved!!!!

Green card expiration date: 01/05/2013
Sent ROC package to VSC: 11/16/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012

Approval: 04/29/2013!!!!

event.png

Timeline

IF you do n ot get yoru bio appt after 30 days of your receipt notice deffinately keep harassing them. AOS was mailed in May bio was in september. you do not want to wait that long for your ead. Also if you wait, you risk getting it even later like colleens did. sometimes they forget to put you in the pile for the scheduling system. if i hadn't kept calling my file would still be on the wrong desk.

HWDWm6.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It took me 3.5 months to get my bio appt...that is how badly backed up my ASC office was. I did contact our congressman to see if the could help me, since I was starting to get worried about having to travel late in pregnancy or with a newborn. I spoke with the immigration rep on a Friday and had my appt last Monday. I did finally get my bio appt letter in the mail this week and my scheduled appt would have been tomorrow....exactly 4 months after my NOA1 recieved date!!

I still haven't had an update on my EAD on the USCIS site, eventhou the congressman said it was already approved and just awaiting my biometrics. I am going to contact her again today to see what is going on. My AOS did get a touch the day after the bio appt, so it seems like the bio's triggered something there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.