MapleLeafBaby

AOS'rs...

2,317 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

so tomorrow is 4 months since we applied for aos. can we get an infopass appt after tomorrow?

this approving ###### at the very last second is bunkum.

LOL no :P me first :)

seriously though, CSC is taking forever. We applied in May and are still waiting for anything on our AOS. So annoying.

Yay, I can finally check my case status online, almost a month after filing! Although when i logged in it says that the case has been transferred to the CSC. Is this good or bad? Anyone have any experience with this?

dont drive yourself batty checking online lol. so far it's been useless checking for updates for me. I had to Enable the email / txting options again cuz it stopped giving them to me after the initial one saying it was received. might wanna do that again.

HWDWm6.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah...Biometrics FINALLY done!!!! Nothing like having to drive 3 hrs for a 15 min appointment tho!!! Since they say the office is sooooo backlogged I expected to see several people waiting , but there was only one other person in the office!!! They had a couple of issues getting a good print off a couple of my fingers (I have excema so have some patchy dry skin on my hands) but other than that it was smooth sailing. Hopefully my EAD and GC are not too far behind!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It seems like CSC is taking longer now than having an interview at your local USCIS office. Took just under 6 months for my AOS to get approved via the CSC office.

Darn.... Did you get your EAD sooner? I would love to go to work soon.... I'm going a bit bonkers. Plus, we haven't bought a car for me yet and we live in a really really small town!!!

Yeah...Biometrics FINALLY done!!!! Nothing like having to drive 3 hrs for a 15 min appointment tho!!! Since they say the office is sooooo backlogged I expected to see several people waiting , but there was only one other person in the office!!! They had a couple of issues getting a good print off a couple of my fingers (I have excema so have some patchy dry skin on my hands) but other than that it was smooth sailing. Hopefully my EAD and GC are not too far behind!

Congrats on the expedite and baby btw...

2007-11-10 Met on an airplane on the way to Japan

2008-03-28 First actual date!

2009-03-31 Returned from Japan

K1 Timeline

2009-08-22 Filed K1

2009-09-01 NOA1

2009-09-29 NOA2

2009-10-23 Montreal Received

2009-11-08 Packet 3 Sent

2010-02-02 Packet 4 Received

2010-03-19 Interview

Interview Result :Admin Review-missing papers

2010-06-24 Visa in Hand.. FINALLY!!!

2010-06-25 US Entry

2010-07-02 MARRIED!

2010-07-13 Applied for SSN

2010-08-03 SSN received

AOS Timeline

2010-08-16 I485 sent to chicago lockbox

2010-08-24 NOA1 received

2010-09-17 Case transferred to CSC

2010-10-23 Bio appt letter received for nov 9th

2010-11-03 Biometrics appt. EAD card issued

Timeline

Darn.... Did you get your EAD sooner? I would love to go to work soon.... I'm going a bit bonkers. Plus, we haven't bought a car for me yet and we live in a really really small town!!!

Congrats on the expedite and baby btw...

Thank you. It wasn't really an expedite...I have been waiting for almost 4 months now for an appt date for my bio appt....it generally only takes 1 month!! After my Bio appt yesterday my I-485 was touched. The update tells me that on June 30 it was sent to CSC. On Aug 27 it had told me that my file had been sent to a local office...lol I guess they sent it back to CSC since I won't be needing an interview and forgot to update the date!!

Timeline

you should get your card in the next week like i did. along with about 3 emails lol

my aos has had no touches on it aside from receipt, transfer, and when my bio was done. it still says Initial review. after this many months. CSC boasts a 4 month approval time but by looking at others who were transffered i'm not expecting it til 6 months so late november.

HWDWm6.png

I also later recieved an e-mail telling me that they will waive the requirement for the interview so that we won't have to travel with a newborn!! So it will now just be a matter of waiting!! I am so glad that the Congressman was able to help us out as this was starting to stress me out a lot...on top of all the stress associated with becoming a new parent. It is a huge weight off my shoulders!

Wow i'm so happy for you!!! And now that it's done, i'm pretty sure you'll get approved really soon! Finally some good news for you, you deserve it!

01/12/2011: GreenCard approved!!!!

Green card expiration date: 01/05/2013
Sent ROC package to VSC: 11/16/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012

Approval: 04/29/2013!!!!

event.png

Timeline

you should get your card in the next week like i did. along with about 3 emails lol

my aos has had no touches on it aside from receipt, transfer, and when my bio was done. it still says Initial review. after this many months. CSC boasts a 4 month approval time but by looking at others who were transffered i'm not expecting it til 6 months so late november.

I still haven't had any movement on-line with my EAD, so I hope it is just one of those cases where the on-line status didn't get updated. The congressmans office did tell me it had already been approved, so hopefully the card is on it's way. I am really getting annoyed not having any money :(

Timeline

well that lovely pic you had taken and the fingerprints go on the card lol :) Maybe they are trying to figure out the best one to put on? lol.

Also it came in a blank white envelope my card, no approval letter from uscis nothing just a plain letter / envelope, i was kinda surprised.

HWDWm6.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It was so funny. Last night, my husband had checked USCIS at about 8:30 p.m. There hadn't been a touch since 8/16/10, then boom, when I woke up and checked my email this morning there was an email from 9:30 p.m. last night saying that card production had been ordered for my husband's EAD! Yeah! We really want the card in his hands so he can start work but knowing it is approved is helping him to get direct offers from the businesses that want to hire him. I am so happy, now just to wait until Oct. 4 for our AOS interview in Detroit.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Weird... Last week my file was transferred to CSC and today I checked the status and it says:

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you.

Do you think this means it's been transferred again? Maybe to the local office?

I still can't check the status of the EAD... so frustrating

2007-11-10 Met on an airplane on the way to Japan

2008-03-28 First actual date!

2009-03-31 Returned from Japan

K1 Timeline

2009-08-22 Filed K1

2009-09-01 NOA1

2009-09-29 NOA2

2009-10-23 Montreal Received

2009-11-08 Packet 3 Sent

2010-02-02 Packet 4 Received

2010-03-19 Interview

Interview Result :Admin Review-missing papers

2010-06-24 Visa in Hand.. FINALLY!!!

2010-06-25 US Entry

2010-07-02 MARRIED!

2010-07-13 Applied for SSN

2010-08-03 SSN received

AOS Timeline

2010-08-16 I485 sent to chicago lockbox

2010-08-24 NOA1 received

2010-09-17 Case transferred to CSC

2010-10-23 Bio appt letter received for nov 9th

2010-11-03 Biometrics appt. EAD card issued

Timeline

Weird... Last week my file was transferred to CSC and today I checked the status and it says:

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you.

Mine did the same thing. Usually if it has been transferred to a local office it will specify the office (IE Memphis Office). Mine was at a USCIS office for about a month, then the day I had my bio appt, the status was updated and moved back to CSC. I do know that they have waived the requirement for an interview due to my pregnancy (and getting close to the time I can't travel) so maybe that is why they moved it back to CSC. I guess having a baby is pretty good evidence of a bonafide marriage.....lol

Timeline

just means that NOW csc is actually looking at it..it has not gone back it's still at CSC. aka we have now resumed processing now that we got it :)

Edited by Kimbear

HWDWm6.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It's a week today until my Biometrics appointment. The husband and I have to drive 3 hours to Des Moines for maybe a 30 min appointment, but it's all part of the "game."

I'm nervous and excited about it at the same time. Nervous because I don't know what to expect and excited to get another part taken care of. Then it's more waiting to find out whether we'll be having an interview, as I've heard from a few other people that have gone to Des Moines haven't been required to have one, but who knows.... I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.