MapleLeafBaby

AOS'rs...

2,317 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The Green Card renders the EAD and AP useless. The GC authorizes you to work, and allows you to travel outside of the US and reenter as a PR. So, she's right. Now that she has the GC, that's her golden ticket :)

Thanks. That clears things up.

I applied for EAD and AP when I sent in my AOS application, as it didn't cost anything else, that's something she didn't do. But I'll have those as well.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

sigh..so i got another email today..saying card production orderer for my EAD, and i almost for a split second thought it was the AOS..lol. ah well. just gimme the card already :P

HWDWm6.png

whoa. So I had my biometrics appointment on Tuesday-it took less than 10 minutes, was fast and a super good experience. I then go to the airport to pick my friend up, and come home to an email from USCIS-that afternoon-telling me my EAD is being printed. Then comes yesterday, and boom-my Advance Parole is waiting for me in the mailbox. YAY.

I got an email last friday saying my I-129F was approved! LOL like a year too later there USCIS.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline

We got the email last night saying card production was ordered on Mathews EAD. Too bad we got it in the mail yesterday.

Nice try, USCIS. Maybe next time you'll get it right.

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Woot! Got my Biometrics appointment letter in the mail today!

It's for October 1st. I thought about calling and seeing if we can do a walk-in, but with the husband's work schedule, we're just going to leave it to the day that we were given.

Another step closer to this all being done!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

God my EAD card today in the mail, i'm a little upset LOL. Says it was valid AUGUST 9TH 2010, but my bio was ONLY September 2010!!!! :ranting:

HWDWm6.png

I am in the process of filing and its so much stuff didnt think it would be as long its like applying for visa all over. How long does it usually take to get your AOS approved?

K1 Timeline

I-129F sent to Vermont Service Centre: 08/19/2009

NOA1 Notice Date: 09/03/2009

NOA1 Hard Copy received: 09/10/2009

NOA2 Notice Date: 11/25/2009

NVC Received : 12/01/2009

NVC Left : 12/02/2009

Consulate Received : 12/03/2009

Consulate sent packet 3: 12/09/2009

Packet 3 received by me: 12/15/2009

Packet 3 faxed to consulate: 12/16/2009

Packet 3 sent to consulate: 01/06/2010

Packet 3 received by consulate: 01/08/2010

Packet 3 logged:01/25/2010

Packet 4 Received: 02/10/2010

Medical!: 02/01/2010

Interview: 04/16/2010

POE: Aug 7th, 2010

Wedding: August 14 2010 YAY

SSN Received: September 8th, 2010

AOS Timeline

I am in the process of filing and its so much stuff didnt think it would be as long its like applying for visa all over. How long does it usually take to get your AOS approved?

Mine was just shy of 7 months for full approval.

Edited by Peachey

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline

They keep touchin' that stupid EAD. Quit touching it! It don't wanna be touched no more! Touch the AOS! It's lonely!! It wants to get all snuggly with mr. approver-man and tell him all her secrets and hopes. :luv:

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Another week of waiting and still no biometrics appointment letter :(

Same for me :( It's starting to be VERY frustrating

01/12/2011: GreenCard approved!!!!

Green card expiration date: 01/05/2013
Sent ROC package to VSC: 11/16/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012

Approval: 04/29/2013!!!!

event.png

Timeline

We mailed our package on July 27 and we have our AOS interview scheduled for Oct. 4. We are hoping for and expecting approval but I think a lot depends on whether your case gets sent to the California Service Center or whether it goes to your local office.

If you go to immigration processing times, choose your field office, then click on "field office processing times", you will get an approximate wait time for a particular office to process an application. The Detroit office says it take 4 months to process AOS but several of the Michiganders who have been processed lately got their interviews in 2 months from their NOA1.

Edited by lilacvioletiris

For those who used the I-693 Report of Medical for transcription only, did your Doctor fill out ALL 6 pages or just a few of the pages? I had my Vaccination done in Canada and now I'm filling out the AOS, they need the I-693 filled out, however my Doctor will only fill out some of the pages and not all. is that normal ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.