MapleLeafBaby

AOS'rs...

2,317 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I know I can't wait for Mathew to have his EAD. The wedding pretty much wiped us out. Add to that that I've got a 300 car payment every month, car insurance, and $220 health insurance to pay for we're screwed with only one of us working. Oh, yeah, and I'm only PART TIME. He has some savings from when he was working in Canada but we've pretty much blown through that. :( At least we still live with my mom until he can get a job. I'd hate to have to pay rent on top of all of that. We'd probably be living out of a card board box.

I know he'll make great money once he's got his EAD, but knowing that doesn't help our situation right now.

Booh! Hurry up EADs! We all need them quickly!

Thanks for the postcard from the Aquarium of the Smokies. My husband really wants his EAD bad too. He had been playing around with the resume builder on the Michigan Works website and a "talent company" actually called him for an interview. He told them he doesn't have his work permit yet, but the shop that the "talent company" works for has been looking for someone like my husband for a couple of months, and the shop manager was the one that found my husband's resume and wanted the "talent company" to do the initial interview. If the shop would be willing to wait until my husband has his work permit, it would be awesome to know he has a job waiting for him, but who knows what will happen. I make enough to "take care of him here" but there are other bills to be paid and his savings will only last a few months. Ugh. EAD come quickly! I figure he will get it the middle of October (maybe a birthday present for him) but he is hoping in September.

I hope the others still waiting for biometrics letters get them soon. Seems strange that they don't get sent out immediately for everyone. Colleens I hope that biometrics comes super quick for you and that you can find work in something once you have the work permit. Just a few more months until your baby comes! That is exciting.

We called USCIS and logged a service request for my biometrics, even the girl on the phone was pretty surprised that we had been waiting so long. She said that it can take up to 30 days to get a response, but sometimes you will get an e-mail from the local office within a few days. So hopefully I hear something early next week. Even if my appt isn't for another month or so, I would just like to know when. I want to go home before I can no longer fly so it would be nice to be able to have a time frame so that I can start searching for flight deals!!!

It seems like time is going by so slowly for the pregnancy, I guess because I am home all the time doing nothing. But we have started buying stuff and getting things ready, so I am sure that will make the time go by a lot quicker!!

Hope this is the ticket for you! Government bureaucracy is crazy!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for the postcard from the Aquarium of the Smokies. My husband really wants his EAD bad too. He had been playing around with the resume builder on the Michigan Works website and a "talent company" actually called him for an interview. He told them he doesn't have his work permit yet, but the shop that the "talent company" works for has been looking for someone like my husband for a couple of months, and the shop manager was the one that found my husband's resume and wanted the "talent company" to do the initial interview. If the shop would be willing to wait until my husband has his work permit, it would be awesome to know he has a job waiting for him, but who knows what will happen. I make enough to "take care of him here" but there are other bills to be paid and his savings will only last a few months. Ugh. EAD come quickly! I figure he will get it the middle of October (maybe a birthday present for him) but he is hoping in September.

I hope the others still waiting for biometrics letters get them soon. Seems strange that they don't get sent out immediately for everyone. Colleens I hope that biometrics comes super quick for you and that you can find work in something once you have the work permit. Just a few more months until your baby comes! That is exciting.

Hope this is the ticket for you! Government bureaucracy is crazy!

I will look at a few places for a job, but I will most likely be close to (if not past) 7 months pregnant, so I am quite doubtful that anyone would hire me at that point....especially in this economy. At least with EAD I can get my EI started, then have it switched to mat leave ( you can start mat leave up to 8 weeks before your due date). It will be pretty close to me getting mat leave by the time I even get EAD!!

Soooooooooooo............... Basically this afternoon has resulted in a lot of OMG OMG OMGGGGGGG OH MY GODDD.......... HOLY #######.... OMG............ *repeat*. :crying:

First off, I have a job interview tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!! (more on that later)

SECONDLY... I got this in my email today:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On August 16, 2010, we ordered production of your new card.

I ALMOST PEED MY PANTS.... OH MY GOD...........

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

WOO Congratulations. Help me get a job now :P

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

WOO Congratulations. Help me get a job now :P

haha, I don't have a job. Just an interview. No jinxing! :P lol

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Soooooooooooo............... Basically this afternoon has resulted in a lot of OMG OMG OMGGGGGGG OH MY GODDD.......... HOLY #######.... OMG............ *repeat*. :crying:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Yayyyyyyy!!!!!!

Naturalization

04/10/17- N-400 Filed

04/12/17- Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

04/13/17- Credit Card Charged

04/14/17- NOA

05/08/17- Biometrics

05/11/17- In Line

05/22/17- Interview Scheduled

06/28/17- Interview(Approved)

08/29/17 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Fantastic Ashen!!! About bloody time you had some good effing news for a change!!! And a job interview to boot Woo HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

HWDWm6.png

Yééééé Ashenflowers, congrats!! You must be sooo releaved now! :thumbs:

01/12/2011: GreenCard approved!!!!

Green card expiration date: 01/05/2013
Sent ROC package to VSC: 11/16/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012

Approval: 04/29/2013!!!!

event.png

Thanks everyone!

I'm kinda wishing this wasn't all happening at the same time though. lol I can't truly bask in the glory of an approved AOS because I have this job interview to freak out about... lol... and I can't fully prepare for the job interview because I also have a sort of important meeting today about a future project I'll be working on for a local animal shelter that I volunteer with, so I have to prepare for that at the same time. gah!! I haven't been to a job interview in 3 years... and I'm pretty sure I'll be asked to produce examples from jobs that I haven't worked at in that 3 years too (my mom recent job isn't really relevant, but all my previous ones were). I have a bad memory :( So I'm trying to remember and/or make up relevant stories. :lol: Maybe I should put this in the 'off topic' thread. lol

ROC Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

K-1 Timeline:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats on your AOS Ashen! That is wonderful news and a long time coming!

AOS/AP/EAD Timeline

Package sent to Chicago Lockbox: 06/16/2010

Chicago Lockbox received: 06/18/2010

Received e-mail notification from Chicago Lockbox: 06/24/2010

Hard copy NOA1 received: 06/28/2010

Touch!: 06/28/2010

Received biometrics letter in the mail: 07/16/2010

Attempted walk-in biometrics @ Salt Lake City office -- DENIED: 07/16/2010

2nd attempt at walk-in biometrics @ Salt Lake City office -- SUCCESS!: 07/28/2010

EAD card production ordered!: 08/09/2010

AP approved!: 08/09/2010

2nd EAD card production ordered e-mail: 08/12/2010

AP arrived!: 08/16/2010

3rd EAD card production ordered e-mail: 08/16/2010

EAD arrived!: 08/19/2010

Received interview letter in the mail: 09/13/2010

Green card interview -- APPROVED!: 10/15/2010

Green card received: 10/25/2010

The whole AOS process took almost exactly 4 months ... not too shabby!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Ashenflowers! Congratulations! :) I hope that things continue on a happy path for you. :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations Ashen!

Also, woohoo as my EAD was approved and card production was ordered today!

Card/ Document Production

On August 17, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Its about time they get their acts straight and process our files!!!

KnR aka slider100

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations Ashen!

Also, woohoo as my EAD was approved and card production was ordered today!

Card/ Document Production

On August 17, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Its about time they get their acts straight and process our files!!!

KnR aka slider100

Congrats!

AOS/AP/EAD Timeline

Package sent to Chicago Lockbox: 06/16/2010

Chicago Lockbox received: 06/18/2010

Received e-mail notification from Chicago Lockbox: 06/24/2010

Hard copy NOA1 received: 06/28/2010

Touch!: 06/28/2010

Received biometrics letter in the mail: 07/16/2010

Attempted walk-in biometrics @ Salt Lake City office -- DENIED: 07/16/2010

2nd attempt at walk-in biometrics @ Salt Lake City office -- SUCCESS!: 07/28/2010

EAD card production ordered!: 08/09/2010

AP approved!: 08/09/2010

2nd EAD card production ordered e-mail: 08/12/2010

AP arrived!: 08/16/2010

3rd EAD card production ordered e-mail: 08/16/2010

EAD arrived!: 08/19/2010

Received interview letter in the mail: 09/13/2010

Green card interview -- APPROVED!: 10/15/2010

Green card received: 10/25/2010

The whole AOS process took almost exactly 4 months ... not too shabby!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.