MapleLeafBaby

AOS'rs...

2,317 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
the thing is you cant get them all at once, for the gardasil anyways, they are on a timmed shedual which you have to follow. so how can someone refuse you cus you dont have all your shots? that would be rediculous specially when it is all done in a timeline. I cannot imagin the horrer that a persons body would go through being injected with all 3 shots.

Q: Does USCIS require that all shots in each vaccine series be completed before applying for adjustment of status?

No. The applicant must have received all the required age-appropriate vaccines that could be given at the time of the medical exam. If the applicant has started the vaccination series, but is not able to complete all the required shots because, at the time of the medical exam, the minimum time interval between shots has not passed, the applicant may still apply for adjustment of status. A waiver is available in cases where, due to required time intervals, it was impossible for the applicant to receive all shots in the series before submitting the application for adjustment of status.

For example, the Hepatitis A vaccine requires that applicant receive two doses of vaccine, six months apart. If the applicant receives the first dose in January, he or she does not have to wait until July, when the second dose would be given, to submit the adjustment of status application. However, the applicant must have received at least the first dose of the vaccine, if appropriate, before applying for adjustment of status.

Link

The part that worries me is the statement regarding getting the vaccine during the appropriate timeframe. I believe the 2nd Gardasil shot is supposed to be administered 2 months after the first and the 3rd given 4 months after the 2nd. In our case, my wife should have got her 2nd Gardasil shot in May and third shot last month. But if the medical sheet that has your vaccination list on it is good for a year, how can they discern whether or not you got the 2nd one? I don't think they can other than flat out asking you.

yea they would have to ask every person that came in for an interview in the age catagory about it tho? Also considering the amount of people on VJ that have posted about never being asked for it or finishing and even removing conditions without them. I dont know it seems rediculous! Will see what happens.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline
We will also get certified copies of our marriage license from the probate judges office, three in total: one for the I-485, one for the AP and one for EAD

Just out of curiousity does the marriage cert. copy you send with the packet have to be certified? I didn't see it say specifically it needed to be certified in the instructions, in fact I read just include a copy and they define copy as

Copies. Unless specifically required that an original document be filed with an application or petition, an ordinary legible photocopy may be submitted. Original documents submitted when not required will remain a part of the record, even if the submission was not required

Has anyone just sent in normal copies? I guess I'm just being cheep and don't want to shell out the extra cash if its not required.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I send certified, I read everywhere it was certified copies...

For the gardisil, I guess now Mel would have to start over if they ask her to and get the 3 shots. I dont know if it ever happened to someone where the officer asked for the 3 shots but IN CASE they ask us, I didnt wnat to be caught and delayed

THere is a slight chance they'll ask you the 3 shots i think

K-1
Oct. 2, 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC
May 12, 2009 - Interview - Approved
July 28, 2009 - Civil Wedding
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS
Aug. 10, 2009 - AOS/EAD/AP Package received in Chicago
Oct. 27, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED !!
Nov. 06, 2009 - Green Card Received

ROC
Aug. 13, 2011 - ROC Package sent to VSC
May 31, 2012 - ROC - APPROVED !!!
June 11, 2012 - Green Card Received

Naturalization
Mar 21, 2013 - N-400 Package sent to Lewisville,TX
Mar 22, 2013 - Package delivered
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA
Mar 27, 2013 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2013 - Early Biometrics (Appt scheduled for April 18th)

Jul 10, 2013 - Interview - PASSED

Jul 26, 2013 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just sent a regular colour photocopy of our marriage certificate. I didn't get it certified. My AP and EAD were approved and so far so RFE, so I don't believe they need to be certified.

If they want to see originals, they'll probably issue you an interview.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

We will also get certified copies of our marriage license from the probate judges office, three in total: one for the I-485, one for the AP and one for EAD

Just out of curiousity does the marriage cert. copy you send with the packet have to be certified? I didn't see it say specifically it needed to be certified in the instructions, in fact I read just include a copy and they define copy as

Copies. Unless specifically required that an original document be filed with an application or petition, an ordinary legible photocopy may be submitted. Original documents submitted when not required will remain a part of the record, even if the submission was not required

Has anyone just sent in normal copies? I guess I'm just being cheep and don't want to shell out the extra cash if its not required.

Good point. I just read that on the actual instructions on the I-485. I had read in the guides here about the certified copy of the marriage license. *Step #8* in the section under "guides" and for AOS. Guess that was in my mind. I think though, ( depending on State of course) I'd rather send in the one from the actual probate judges office, rather that just the one they gave us that says "bride/groom" at the bottom. Tim was pretty sure the copies weren't that much...

*Then again..he's been wrong before*.. :lol:

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

We submitted an original copy (meaning, I had the certified copy in my hand as I placed it on the glass of the copier), and turned in the B/W copy version. At the AOS interview, we were asked for the original, and he verified/compared the copy I submitted to the original we brought with us and handed the original certified one back to us.

But, I believe at some point, we also submitted a certified version as well. It's all been a big blurrrrrr.....

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

We submitted an original copy (meaning, I had the certified copy in my hand as I placed it on the glass of the copier), and turned in the B/W copy version. At the AOS interview, we were asked for the original, and he verified/compared the copy I submitted to the original we brought with us and handed the original certified one back to us.

But, I believe at some point, we also submitted a certified version as well. It's all been a big blurrrrrr.....

Very good advice!!! Thanks..I wouldn't have thought of that!!! So we'll just get ONE copy and "copy" that....*smacks hand of forehead* too easy!! :)

K-1 timeline

AOS

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

ROC

NOA November 23, 2011

GLITTER.jpg

Timeline

Yay I just got my biometric appointment notice !!!

Biometrics on November 4 2009 at 10am! oddly enough thats my sisters birthday!!! haha

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Timeline

I didn't send in a certified copy of my marriage certificate, just a regular copy. Although my AP and EAD were approved and I never received an RFE, I do have an interview coming up, so I suppose that may be part of the reason why. However, I really doubt it. The I-485 states "copy" not "certified copy." There have been people approved without sending a certified copy and without having an interview as well. But... they want you to bring a certified copy to the interview if you get one, as its on the list of requested documents, so who the heck knows.

I called Dr. Arnold today and decided to go with them for the I-693 transcription. I called the office and left my information and the lady who does the immigration stuff called me back within 10 minutes. It's only $30 and they pay the cost of sending it back to you. Since I have 3.5 weeks til my interview still, I think its the best option. I'm sick of calling confused civil surgeon offices in the area. I give up!

Huggles-Glad you got a hold of Dr. Arnold!! $30 is way more reasonable than $800!!

Inky- Congrats on getting your bio notice!! I hope mine comes quick too!

AOS is in the mail!! *Huge weight lifted* Hopefully it will get there by Friday!!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Timeline
Huggles-Glad you got a hold of Dr. Arnold!! $30 is way more reasonable than $800!!

Inky- Congrats on getting your bio notice!! I hope mine comes quick too!

AOS is in the mail!! *Huge weight lifted* Hopefully it will get there by Friday!!

GO GO GO !!

haha ull get a dry run to the uscis place when we go in november!

who knows maybe they will give you your biometric appointment at the end of november? :star:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I didn't send in a certified copy of my marriage certificate, just a regular copy. Although my AP and EAD were approved and I never received an RFE, I do have an interview coming up, so I suppose that may be part of the reason why. However, I really doubt it. The I-485 states "copy" not "certified copy." There have been people approved without sending a certified copy and without having an interview as well. But... they want you to bring a certified copy to the interview if you get one, as its on the list of requested documents, so who the heck knows.

I called Dr. Arnold today and decided to go with them for the I-693 transcription. I called the office and left my information and the lady who does the immigration stuff called me back within 10 minutes. It's only $30 and they pay the cost of sending it back to you. Since I have 3.5 weeks til my interview still, I think its the best option. I'm sick of calling confused civil surgeon offices in the area. I give up!

You are SOOOOOO lucky! She never called Duncan back and it took her 4 days to call me back, and that's after I called after waiting 3 days! Congrats on the cheap way out... compared to what we paid!

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Biometrics on November 4 2009 at 10am! oddly enough thats my sisters birthday!!! haha

Congrats!!!

Good for you, I'm hoping to to the same but Tim is out, and the Post Office closes soon!! Oh well, tomorrow morning for sure then!!

K-1 timeline

AOS

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

ROC

NOA November 23, 2011

GLITTER.jpg

Timeline

Congrats!!!

Good for you, I'm hoping to to the same but Tim is out, and the Post Office closes soon!! Oh well, tomorrow morning for sure then!!

oo ya maybe ull be able to today if he gets back but if not early morning trip!! bring your timmys mug!! haha

just got back from mailing care package to military at the post office yay =)

*whew* we got to the Post Office with just a few minutes to spare, but we mailed our application to Chicago!!! And you're right Minnew...it's a HUGE weight off my shoulders. So now I can concentrate on organizing this house better. There is so much to be done. Tim has lived alone for a very long time :lol:

*crossing fingers that everything was filled out right, and it gets transferred to CSC*..

K-1 timeline

AOS

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

ROC

NOA November 23, 2011

GLITTER.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.