MapleLeafBaby

AOS'rs...

2,317 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Ok, I hate to double post but you guys are going to laugh at this one. I just called a doctor and she won't do it without doing the complete medical over again... Ok. But guess how much she charges? $800!! :lol: Really?!

That is highway robbery!! Wow!

I'm still waiting for my Greencard... I was transferred and recently touched... but nothing yet... I almost wish I had an interview *almost*

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Ok, I hate to double post but you guys are going to laugh at this one. I just called a doctor and she won't do it without doing the complete medical over again... Ok. But guess how much she charges? $800!! :lol: Really?!

That is highway robbery!! Wow!

I'm still waiting for my Greencard... I was transferred and recently touched... but nothing yet... I almost wish I had an interview *almost*

Yeah, I can understand that. I definitely have mixed feelings about the interview. If all goes well I will have my GC less than 3 months after I filled AOS, which is great, but at the same time preparing and getting this vaccination form done is nothing but a pain. I'm sure you'll be approved soon! There doesn't seem to be any kind of order to things with CSC..

Timeline

Okay just an update about the DR here in Nebraska ( DR HALM ) with me and Minnew.

I went in and I had to talk to 5 different people in the office before they clued in to what I was talking about. Even mentioned about Minnew being in yesterday 5x to them. Firstly they made me sign an agreement to allow them to send my medical information if I get hurt or something which was weird. Then they took my papers and said I had to have the full physical papers to prove I had the physical. I told them I had it in canada, all I need is the shots transcribed and any shots extra if im missing some. Must have repeated myself a million times before an older lady in the office took my papers somewhere. They had told me the DR was not there. She came back out without my papers and said the DR was filling them in for me and that they had to put me into their system and they would charge me 37$. So took a while to put me in the System they wanted my SSN, my driver license, phone number, husbands name and number etc etc etc then! the DR who was not there but actually was! came out with my papers and said to make photocopys of them for me then seal them in an envelope and give me them after I payed 37$.

- I never was checked by a nurse or doctor

- Payed 37$ after being told twice it was 200$.

- Got in my car and looked at the copy they gave me and he signed off as " Completed all shots " and checked off that I had all the gardasil.

Iv only had one of the gardasil shots so I guess this means I don't need the rest lol?

Sent my AOS in already but now I have the 693 all sealed and ready incase of interview or RFE.

Is the date on it ( todays date ) going to make a difference if the Interview or RFE isnt for another 2 months or so? Seriously hope not!!

Edited by Inky

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

I think that will be just fine Inky! congrats on getting that sorted out.

Ok, so 5 doctors later, still nothing for me. I'm getting pretty frustrated here. The problem is that nobody seems to really understand what USCIS requires. I've had everything from, "well no you NEED a new physical, USCIS requires it" to "if you had your immigration physical done in Canada its not valid or acceptable" to "ummm... whats an I-693?" I think I'm going to call doctor Arnold tomorrow. I tried.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok, so 5 doctors later, still nothing for me. I'm getting pretty frustrated here. The problem is that nobody seems to really understand what USCIS requires. I've had everything from, "well no you NEED a new physical, USCIS requires it" to "if you had your immigration physical done in Canada its not valid or acceptable" to "ummm... whats an I-693?" I think I'm going to call doctor Arnold tomorrow. I tried.

If you have the time, take your vax form from your medical in TO, the instructions for the 693 (see section #3), and a blank form to one of the doctors' offices. That way, the office lady will SEE what you're talking about, and ask to actually SPEAK with the doctor. The lady in the front office where we went was CLUELESS, although the doctor had already told us what to do. ARGH!!! Otherwise, go for Dr. Arnold. When you call, ask for Tammy, as she's the one who takes care of all the immigration paperwork for his office.

Good luck, Huggles!!!

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

If you have the time, take your vax form from your medical in TO, the instructions for the 693 (see section #3), and a blank form to one of the doctors' offices. That way, the office lady will SEE what you're talking about, and ask to actually SPEAK with the doctor. The lady in the front office where we went was CLUELESS, although the doctor had already told us what to do. ARGH!!! Otherwise, go for Dr. Arnold. When you call, ask for Tammy, as she's the one who takes care of all the immigration paperwork for his office.

Good luck, Huggles!!!

Thanks July. I think I'm just going to call Dr. Arnold tomorrow. The problem is that all the civil surgeons "in my area" are actually not very close to me at all. I don't want to drive 45 minutes, an hour, even 2 hours and go to an office just for them to tell me they can't help, know what I mean? The only civil surgeon close to me works at an abortion clinic... and really, all political considerations aside, I'm just not comfortable marching into an abortion clinic, regardless of what I'm there for. Something about it is a little unsettling to me. I'm just a little worried that the fact I used a doctor in Texas is going to come up as an issue in the interview.

Timeline

Good luck, Huggles!!!

Thanks July. I think I'm just going to call Dr. Arnold tomorrow. The problem is that all the civil surgeons "in my area" are actually not very close to me at all. I don't want to drive 45 minutes, an hour, even 2 hours and go to an office just for them to tell me they can't help, know what I mean? The only civil surgeon close to me works at an abortion clinic... and really, all political considerations aside, I'm just not comfortable marching into an abortion clinic, regardless of what I'm there for. Something about it is a little unsettling to me. I'm just a little worried that the fact I used a doctor in Texas is going to come up as an issue in the interview.

That came up as a discussion point in another thread, and I believe the person explained that NO ONE near them would do JUST the transcription... they all wanted medicals and full medical prices. Hope that helps. :)

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

Good luck, Huggles!!!

I doubt it would even come up in your interview. But on the off chance that it would, simply explain to them that there are no offices near you able to do it and that the closest ones were trying to extort additional fees for an extra medical from you. Keep your list and notes from the doctors you called today and the prices they quoted you and for what services. That way, if it does come up, you can say this doctor said I needed to pay this amount for this service in order for him to transcribe my already valid medical from the visa.

Timeline

Good luck, Huggles!!!

I doubt it would even come up in your interview. But on the off chance that it would, simply explain to them that there are no offices near you able to do it and that the closest ones were trying to extort additional fees for an extra medical from you. Keep your list and notes from the doctors you called today and the prices they quoted you and for what services. That way, if it does come up, you can say this doctor said I needed to pay this amount for this service in order for him to transcribe my already valid medical from the visa.

Good call on keep track of the phone call notes!!! :thumbs: Yeah, remember to mention the one for $800... that's still gotta be the best price out there!!! :rofl:

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

Yeah, I thought it was ridiculous hearing a quote of $140 just to transcribe the results onto the I-693.

Here in L.A., there are a lot of these "All-In-One Immigration Centers". There was one in the same building complex where we had to go for the biometrics. They have an attorney (or just a paralegal), some sort of doctor and a few office workers there. They just don't seem to listen to people. I called a few and asked about specific tasks and prices. All they would quote me was their whole package deals. #######.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

For the I-693, i'd rather play safe than receiving and RFE. RFEs suck but it depends if you mind getting one and being delayed or not.

Also according on your local USCIS office, you should be able to see the history of other couples and see if they got an interview or not. I'm not saying it is a general rules but for example Detroit (for July and I) never transfered cases to CSC so we were expecting an interview for the GC (at least me) and we both got one.

I mean, if your local office usually transfer cases to CSC then dont get the I693 and see what happens. If your office always gives interivews, them get the form transcribed. But it is not a general rule!! Its just how i think it works :)

You can check the history on the extended view for AOS status.

For the gardisil, i had 2 shots done when we sent our AOS package. Now we have an interview and IN CASE the officer wants to check on the 3 shots, that would suck to be at the interview and see your case refused or postponed because you wanted to cut short on it and didn't do the 3 shots. I like to be on the safe side and i did i-693 and the 3rd shot so i should be safe for that....

K-1
Oct. 2, 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC
May 12, 2009 - Interview - Approved
July 28, 2009 - Civil Wedding
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS
Aug. 10, 2009 - AOS/EAD/AP Package received in Chicago
Oct. 27, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED !!
Nov. 06, 2009 - Green Card Received

ROC
Aug. 13, 2011 - ROC Package sent to VSC
May 31, 2012 - ROC - APPROVED !!!
June 11, 2012 - Green Card Received

Naturalization
Mar 21, 2013 - N-400 Package sent to Lewisville,TX
Mar 22, 2013 - Package delivered
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA
Mar 27, 2013 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2013 - Early Biometrics (Appt scheduled for April 18th)

Jul 10, 2013 - Interview - PASSED

Jul 26, 2013 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

I would like to be safe and get the Gardisil shot too, but, it is not my body and I would not presume to have any authority to do anything but support whatever decision she makes. She does not want to get it, so we will try to go forward with the AoS without it. We are very fortunate to have very good health insurance who covers the shots if we get an RFE and have to get the full battery of shots.

Timeline

the thing is you cant get them all at once, for the gardasil anyways, they are on a timmed shedual which you have to follow. so how can someone refuse you cus you dont have all your shots? that would be rediculous specially when it is all done in a timeline. I cannot imagin the horrer that a persons body would go through being injected with all 3 shots.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline
the thing is you cant get them all at once, for the gardasil anyways, they are on a timmed shedual which you have to follow. so how can someone refuse you cus you dont have all your shots? that would be rediculous specially when it is all done in a timeline. I cannot imagin the horrer that a persons body would go through being injected with all 3 shots.

Q: Does USCIS require that all shots in each vaccine series be completed before applying for adjustment of status?

No. The applicant must have received all the required age-appropriate vaccines that could be given at the time of the medical exam. If the applicant has started the vaccination series, but is not able to complete all the required shots because, at the time of the medical exam, the minimum time interval between shots has not passed, the applicant may still apply for adjustment of status. A waiver is available in cases where, due to required time intervals, it was impossible for the applicant to receive all shots in the series before submitting the application for adjustment of status.

For example, the Hepatitis A vaccine requires that applicant receive two doses of vaccine, six months apart. If the applicant receives the first dose in January, he or she does not have to wait until July, when the second dose would be given, to submit the adjustment of status application. However, the applicant must have received at least the first dose of the vaccine, if appropriate, before applying for adjustment of status.

Link

The part that worries me is the statement regarding getting the vaccine during the appropriate timeframe. I believe the 2nd Gardasil shot is supposed to be administered 2 months after the first and the 3rd given 4 months after the 2nd. In our case, my wife should have got her 2nd Gardasil shot in May and third shot last month. But if the medical sheet that has your vaccination list on it is good for a year, how can they discern whether or not you got the 2nd one? I don't think they can other than flat out asking you.

Almost ready to send everything in!! Finally!! There has been other things along the way that slowed us down, but I guess we're still doing ok as far as timeline goes. My I-94 expires Nov. 16th, and I wanted to be sure I had started AOS before that.

With the I-485 I will include:

Birth Cert: ( Mine and Tim's.)

Visa, and both sides of 1-94

Vaccination sheet, ( the one causing headaches) I also included the ones the doctor filled out at home as well as at the Medical.

G-325a ( four copies)

Copy of the NOA2 from the 129-F petition

I-864 and with that we will include:

Tim's yearly income, (he's on disability so he DOES NOT fill out nor pay taxes)

My T4A (P) showing my income for 2008 of my survivor's benefit. Can be used and added to yearly household income

Tim's IRA statements to show what he has in savings

Legal documents from the sale of my house to show what I sold it for

Bank statements from both our banks to show balance, and how much deposited, and the transactions I've made from my account to Tim's

*This is what I used and was approved for the visa. The sale of my house alone will keep us financially stable for a long time*

For both the AP and EAD petition I will include

copies of my Visa, and I-94 both front and back

Now, tomorrow we will get my passport pic's done, six in total: two to go with the I-485, two with the AP, and two with the EAD

We will also get certified copies of our marriage license from the probate judges office, three in total: one for the I-485, one for the AP and one for EAD

I also plan to write a cover letter explaining what is in the package, and why.

We will include a cheque for $1,010.00, unless a money order would be better to send.

*Whew*...should be ready to send it within a couple days to Chicago Lockbox and join the rest that are waiting replies...

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.