PeruvyandGringa

K1 Initial filing various dates on forms

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

I guess I am just worrying about EVERYTHING now. I sent off my initial submittal. The different forms were signed on different dates, The earliest nearly a month before the last one (I think the dates on the forms went from June 18 - July 16, and in between). I am worried now that the forms dated the earliest will be more than a month old when they arrived in Vermont. Is this going to be a problem? I hope I am worrying about nothing. Those are the forms that my fiance in Spain signed, so those will be more difficult to submit again if it's necessary. Anyone submitted forms more than a month old, or with various dates spanning a month or more, and had no problems? Please put my mind at ease :unsure:

07-17-2009 I-129F sent

07-22-2009 NOA1 date

07-24-2009 check cleared

07-30-2009 NOA1 received via snail mail

10-14-2009 NOA2 (we were around #187 on Igor's List)

12-30-2009 Interview in Madrid!

02-01-2010 Visa in Hand - finally!

03-08-2010 POE Orlando, FL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I guess I am just worrying about EVERYTHING now. I sent off my initial submittal. The different forms were signed on different dates, The earliest nearly a month before the last one (I think the dates on the forms went from June 18 - July 16, and in between). I am worried now that the forms dated the earliest will be more than a month old when they arrived in Vermont. Is this going to be a problem? I hope I am worrying about nothing. Those are the forms that my fiance in Spain signed, so those will be more difficult to submit again if it's necessary. Anyone submitted forms more than a month old, or with various dates spanning a month or more, and had no problems? Please put my mind at ease :unsure:

It will not be a problem. This is a tedious process the USCIS does not expect you to enter into this over night and understands that it takes time and effort to put the K-1 package together. Varying signature dates are to be expected.

K-1

05/05/2009 - NOA1

07/17/2009 - NOA2

08/27/2009 - Visa Received

10/09/2009 - Married

AOS/EAD

11/18/2009 - NOA1

01/15/2010 - EAD Approved

02/25/2010 - AOS Interview

Adjuticator's Field Manual

Old VJ Adjuticator Q/A

Disclaimer : 100% of the time I only think I know what I'm talking about.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

I know that the forms could have different dates, I was just wondering how old the oldest form could be (I'm sure I couldn't send in something that my fiance had signed a year ago, for example). I didn't know if there were any sort of rules regarding how old the oldest form could be. I am thinking since it was just a little over a month old when they would have received it that it would be OK, but I didn't know how close to the cut-off I am. (45 days? 90 days? there has to be some cut-off).

07-17-2009 I-129F sent

07-22-2009 NOA1 date

07-24-2009 check cleared

07-30-2009 NOA1 received via snail mail

10-14-2009 NOA2 (we were around #187 on Igor's List)

12-30-2009 Interview in Madrid!

02-01-2010 Visa in Hand - finally!

03-08-2010 POE Orlando, FL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.