EdwardK

Never Recieved NOA2 Approval Letter for Adjustment of Status

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I've been filing out the Adjustment of Status forms for the past week and on tuesday I realized I needed an NOA2 approval letter which we did not receive at all!

We never received the letter in the mail .... we didn't get it after our interview ... we didn't get it when she got her visa.

I called several times and they are telling me that it's going to be $300+ for a duplicate which given the $1000 filing fee, vacination and medical exams ... we just cannot afford.

I called a few more times trying to get someone samphatic but given the status of government funding.

The online tracking hasn't been updated since they recieved the packet... what the hell am I paying these filing 300+ filing fees for.

--- What a NOA2 approval letter looks like: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=72550

Is there anything I can do or do I have to pay the 300+ duplicate charge and wait weeks for it to arrive by mail. I'm already 39 days and here is my status:

(1) we got married 2 weeks ago but still waiting on our certified marriage certificate ... cannot do AOS until then we recieve it I think

(2) We didn't apply for a social security number (I didn't know we could do so before adjustment of status, my fault for assumptions)

(3) Don't know my fiance/new wife''s A# .... I think its on the NOA2 approval letter

(4) No NOA2 approval letter ... may have to wait weeks.

Any help will be appreciated.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

First I would record your efforts at acquiring the NOA2. Try writing a letter that states you never received it etc. Make an infopass to request it in person - record the person you talk to etc.

Then if you still can't shake one lose write in your AOS package that you have made multiple attempts to acquire the NOA2 and that you never received the original - include the records of every attempt. You might luck out and never get an RFE this way. Someone else did it this way on the forum, Krikit I believe.

First I would record your efforts at acquiring the NOA2. Try writing a letter that states you never received it etc. Make an infopass to request it in person - record the person you talk to etc.

Then if you still can't shake one lose write in your AOS package that you have made multiple attempts to acquire the NOA2 and that you never received the original - include the records of every attempt. You might luck out and never get an RFE this way. Someone else did it this way on the forum, Krikit I believe.

yup krikkit did it with just the email, and explaining their attempts to get the noa2 she explained it to me in my thread ( AOS without noa2. ....is nvc letter sufficient?) search for this thread in the adjustment from fam based visas section it may be illumitating I think her post is # 15 if I remember rightly. I didn't even have an email verification or on line up date still don't finally manage to force them to send a service request for non delivery of approval notice on the 30th of April but they said the investigation would take 2 months :( still waiting on conclussion so trying to adjust by writting the explanation letter krikit did plus sending copy of nvc letter noa1 plus the service request letter for lost noa2. Still waiting on the outcome but was unsure what else to do, the misinformation line tried to insinuate I was lying about having my visa already and needed to adjust with and I-130 petition alien spouse uggg. An extra $355 and would prob be tantramount to fraud if our k1 was still pending anywAy would it not? ( it's an assumtion of mine as if we did this would I not have intent to immigrate at border without proper visa? How could I adjust? Just more stupidity from them and irrelevant as I had k1) but back on the subject I have tried to keep my experiences on their upto date for others but case no where near complete yet but krikits experience is on there too.

As for A# it's on your wides k1 visa in passport as well. It may be in red too but I am too tiers to get mine out to double check but it's def on the k1 somewhere

Good luck in wading through this, you have my sympathies as someone also going through the same bull. :(

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

Where a French guy does it.

Our full time line is in our story on our profile.

K1

04-30-2008.......I-129F POSTED

05-01-2008....NOA1 (Touched 05-04-2008, Touched 04-07-2008)

09-23-2008....NOA2 Approved(See below for receipt of actual NOA2 and update in the USCIS System***)

01-13-2009....INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

06-12-2009.....AOS,EAD and AP Fedexed.

06-15-2009.....Signed for by J.CHYBA

06-18-2009.....NOA1 dated for AOS/AP/EAD

06-19-2009.....Check cleared

06-23-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD/AP

07-20-2009.....phoned helpline to report no biometrics appointment sent, Service request generated.

07-25-2009.....Recieved biometrics notice (generated on the 22nd june) for the 08-19-2009.

07-30-2009.....Did early walk in biometrics.

07-31-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD

08-06-2009.....Generated interview notice(received 08/10/09)

08-10-2009.....EAD/AP Approved

08-19-2009.....***NOA2 (Finally received after 6 Phone calls, 11 months late) :)

09-09-2009.....Aos interview.(APPROVED)first card production email

09-12-2009.....Welcome Notice Received.

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

Also as for SSN# although I got mine I do not believe it is required for aos.

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

K1

09-23-2008....NOA2 Approved(See below for receipt of actual NOA2 and update in the USCIS System***)

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

07-20-2009.....phoned helpline to report no biometrics appointment sent, Service request generated.

07-25-2009.....Recieved biometrics notice (generated on the 22nd june) for the 08-19-2009.

08-19-2009.....***NOA2 (Finally received after 6 Phone calls, 11 months late) :)

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

Okay this is strange ... I called USCIS and talked to the 3rd person and decided to pay the 300+ duplication fee because we are short on time (38 days left on visa)

They then gave me a different answer when they took a closer look ... we are sorry we cannot send you a NOA2 approval letter because you are not approved within the system. This is why you never recieved your NOA2 approval letter.

They told me to call the NVC and tell them but they said just send in your approval letter.

I gave them my reciept number (WAC...) when they told me this.

The your not approved thing,happened to me also, the call center blatently can only see the same info we can on our accounts, and as they forgot to update us when they approved it and sent it on the call venter still thinks we are not approved, this has gotten us some rude atitudes from them along with bad advice such as needing to file for duplicate and also needing to file petition for alien reletive. Grr, therefore we refused to file for duplicate a) on principle and B) I sorts figured this could happen . So we made them send a service rqest and guess what the letter states they had to have it returned to California and Will send it onto Nvc as soon as possible. Hmmm if it's not approved why is it not there The whole time then? The service request was estimated to take two months accourding to mr power house ( suposedly he was one level up than usual). So I filed Anyway for aos using krikits advice and addapting it for my own needs. I am not saying what I have dine works. I don't know if it will yet. But I think your best bet is definatly to get a service request or info pass on this missing noa2 that way perhaps you can still file and if they still want noa2 you might have it in time for rfe or something. I sent a lengthy letter detailing all our attempts to get our copy plus noting all my numbers so WAC# ldn# and alien# I then explained that I had submitted (copies) the noa1 and nvc letter plus the request letter for non delivery of approval notice. I also reiterated that had sent in copies of k1 visa and marriage certificate as per usual. Protocal . Fingers crossed I will either be approved with no rfe or by the time they rfe the service request will be completed. Like I said I don't know if it will work or not. But been recording my progress in the thread AOS Without noa2.

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

K1

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

Called yet again ... I spoke to a supervisor and she told me that it seems the NOA2 Approval letter was sent to National Visa Center but didn't get approved in our system (some one skrewed up and didn't enter it into the computer I guess).

She said she will email NVC and see what happened. But the letter was sent to NVC but we never got the NOA2 approval letter.

She said she thinks it would be fine if I write a letter explaining the situation and attach a copy of my appointment interview but and I quote "I'm not sure"

I called the NVC and insist I call uscis (which I just did) ... I'm just making sure I can make the 90 filing period ...

I'm more confused now than ever ...

Well, here I go again, with yet another issue... :(

We emailed the US Embassy in London asking about the reason for the delay of my fiance's visa printing, since they have kept the passport over one month now, and never told us about any admin processing/AR/security checks. But it has been 5 working days and we have still not gotten a reply from the US Embassy in London regarding our inquiry. We got the email code like we were supposed to and we used it as we have done successfully before, but no reply :(

Does anyone have any idea how else to figure out the reason for my fiance's visa delay? DOS keeps telling us he is not in any sort of AP/AR/security checks. And the US Embassy in London is not replying to our email, and we don't really want to call the extortion line again and pay for an email code that is ultimately useless.

Should we contact my congressman or senator to inquire about the reason for the delay? And if yes, which is more beneficial? To contact my congressman? Or Senator? :help:

Called yet again ... I spoke to a supervisor and she told me that it seems the NOA2 Approval letter was sent to National Visa Center but didn't get approved in our system (some one skrewed up and didn't enter it into the computer I guess).

She said she will email NVC and see what happened. But the letter was sent to NVC but we never got the NOA2 approval letter.

She said she thinks it would be fine if I write a letter explaining the situation and attach a copy of my appointment interview but and I quote "I'm not sure"

I called the NVC and insist I call uscis (which I just did) ... I'm just making sure I can make the 90 filing period ...

I'm more confused now than ever ...

this was what i was guessing all along i was assuming our problems were due to human error not pressing the right buttons but i assumed that uscis was the one who posted out the approval notice because when we found out from nvc we were approved we phoned them and they also told us to phone uscis and ask about the missing noa2. the question that now stands then is who was responsible for sending out the noa2 to the petitioner? are we complaining to the right departments? its been over two months now since we got the service request, and not heard a dickey bird about it. problem is they insist on petitioner being present to discuss it as it is in relation to his petition, but hopefully we will have time this thursday to phone up and inquire about it. thus far my biometrics was later to be dished out than everyone else s and i had to phone up and service request that, now have the notice in hand, but i have no evidence to show it was due to the lack of noa2 in our packet, and we have yet to recieve an rfe or notification on our packets. our noa1 date for them was the 18th june. What other evidences do you have that your petiton was approved? i.e. nvc letter? ect ect... also do you have the name of the supervisor who advised you to write the letter? and did she give you reference numbers or anything. because i would quote her and give all references possible when writing the letter. let them know you were advised by her to write the letter. over all i would provide what ever you can to aide them in finding the information they need. well that's what i tried to do. fingers crossed it works.

finally did you read kritkits expereince? and what she did? the link will take you to her post in my thread if you haven't.

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

K1

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.