DeadPoolX

Public apology to TheTreble...

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I'd like to render an apology to TheTreble. Despite how irritated I was at the time, I shouldn't have called you an "idiot." That was uncalled for and I know you're not an idiot.

To anyone else who felt insulted... well, that was not my intention. I apologize to those individuals as well.

I suppose the source of my aggravation is that I'm never given an equal voice in this forum. I know I didn't immigrate to the U.S., but I did immigrate to Canada. So I do have some sort of connection to this forum, even if it is in reverse.

I understand that many of you love Canada (just as I love the U.S.) and therefore wish to defend it against what you see as undue criticism. I don't intend to insult or belittle Canada or Canadians. However, just as many of you have had difficulty in adjusting to life in the United States, so have I in Canada.

It's not that I dislike Canada. It's a nice country and the longer I am here the more I find to appreciate. But I will always be an American. I take pride in my home country and even if I do become a Canadian citizen, I will always consider myself an American first and foremost. I assume the same can be said for those of you who aim to become an American citizen.

On this board we complain. A lot. All of us do. So we often see is the worst while neglecting the good. Believe it or not, I often defend Canada when speaking to friends or even family. That doesn't mean I love everything in this country. I don't love everything in the U.S., either. But I am accustomed to the U.S. (or perhaps Texas, to be more accurate), so therein lies my understanding and perhaps acceptance of what may occur.

Yes, I do have some complaints about Canada. Many of you have numerous complaints about the U.S. and that's just as understandable as my issues with Canada. We all have a lot to come to terms with in this mess.

So all I ask is that you try to accept my complaints. I'm not saying Canada is terrible and the U.S. is the best place in the world. Most of my problems lie with the Canadian government and the utter ineptitude it so often displays. The U.S. government isn't much better (if at all). But I'm not immigrating to the U.S., so many issues presented to you all do not apply to me and vice-versa. Even though I know this, the situation still aggravates me to no end. Maybe some day in the future, when my problems are all ironed out (and hopefully everyone else's here will be too), I can sit back and enjoy my new home.

Thank you.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Deadpool- Thank you for the apology. That was very nice of you.

I understand you have your own concerns and complaints about our home and native land. You are only human. I believe we will all try to accept them more from this point on. Unfortunately it's often 100 vs 1 for you and you are outnumbered here, where you are the only one that has realy done the reverse immigration procedure. That must be tough when it's our home, but it's your new home, and we think we know everything about it.

I think that is one thing you have to know, though. Most of us here know nothing BUT Canada. Our childhood and growth occurred there. I don't think one of us could say we don't like our home. We don't take the hits well as you noticed. I think some of the things you have complained in the past are things that over time, we got used to or we grew up with, we didn't/don't notice are even wrong or inept. So, that is why we feel the need to defend as we realy don't see anythingw rong.

I'm not saying you don't have the right to complain because you do. Just note that if you were on the other forms they have out there for people immigrating to Canada you might find a better audience than us.

Canadians have an insecurity to defend at all times. We strive to find an identity that is unique from both the American and British sides and believe me, it is hard. We have been constantly influenced by those two major groups and we are often told we are no different as Canadians to British or Americans.

any ways, Thanks again and I will try harder in the future.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just note that if you were on the other forms they have out there for people immigrating to Canada you might find a better audience than us.

I was searching just the other day for such a forum. I want to know what people go through when trying to immigrate to Canada- not just what is said on the government sites. Does anyone have a link to the Canadian version of VJ?

02.09.2007- Met online (EverQuest 2)

07.11.2008- Met in person (Orlando)

02.14.2009- Got engaged (Toronto)

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

11.20.2009- Montreal Interview Approved!!

02.01.2010- POE @ Lewiston Bridge

02.25.2010- Applied for SS#

04.29.2010- Beach Wedding!!

AOS

05.27.2010- NOA 1 for I-131, I-485 & I-765

06.18.2010- I-485 transferred to CSC

06.21.2010- Biometrics

07.22.2010- EAD & AP approved

10.28.2010- RFE for I-485- They lost our medical!

12.09.2010- Green Card in hand!

ROC

09.14.2012- Mailed I-751 to VSC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

04.11.2013- 10 Year Green Card approved! No interview :)

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
http://www.roadtocanada.com/

It's not as busy as VJ though.

Hence the main reason why I don't go there. My immigration is complete, therefore I don't really need their advice or whatever. In fact, I never went there at all. Canadian immigration was fairly straight forward. It wasn't simple, but I don't think it's quite as complex as the U.S. variety. In that respect, Canada definitely KO's the United States. Then again, I think Canada actually wants immigrants, whereas the U.S. doesn't.

But anyway... I might go to RTC if it were more heavily populated. It isn't and this place is. Besides... what would the Canada Forum do without their "resident a$$hole?" ;)

I am not as active on this board as some other people, so I don't actually know what this is in reference to as I haven't yet seen that discussion, so I'm not taking sides, I don't know what it's about, I just am going by what I saw in this apology... but just thought I'd pipe in briefly... sorry if it's out of line. I'm Canadian, born/raised, very happy to say so, and love Canada, and am proud to be ALWAYS Canadian... BUT I personally know no less than 5 people who immigrated, or are currently in the process of immigrating, to Canada... 4 of them from the US, 2 of whom are immigrating for marriage... 3 of them are friends of mine, one of them is my mother, and one of them is actually my fiance, who was American before he was Canadian, then ended up going back to the US for a change after being in Canada for nearly 30 years (which is how I ended up being in this visa process to move to the US for him)...

Anywaaaays... point being... I bet if all of us Canadians looked around, we could find someone in our personal lives who immigrated (emigrated? I dunno..lol) to Canada and wasn't actually born here and thus had to go through the process we're going through, except the other way around. Including all the personal and legal adjustments that come with it.

Perhaps that will help us empathize with someone in Deadpool's position.

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Timeline
http://www.roadtocanada.com/

It's not as busy as VJ though.

Hence the main reason why I don't go there. My immigration is complete, therefore I don't really need their advice or whatever. In fact, I never went there at all. Canadian immigration was fairly straight forward. It wasn't simple, but I don't think it's quite as complex as the U.S. variety. In that respect, Canada definitely KO's the United States. Then again, I think Canada actually wants immigrants, whereas the U.S. doesn't.

But anyway... I might go to RTC if it were more heavily populated. It isn't and this place is. Besides... what would the Canada Forum do without their "resident a$$hole?" ;)

I don't want you to leave. I welcome your opinions even if I don't always agree with them. You're the spice of the Canadian forum.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I live in Canada in a community that has a large American population. I found it extremely irritating when they had their bash Canada conversations. I swear when I move to the US, I will never do this to the US (unless privately to my spouse and then with tact). When I hear people saying negative things about a country they have immigrated to, it makes me want to tell them to get the heck back to their own country then. No place is perfect, but we should always be looking for the good things. If there is something we don't prefer about another country, I think it is important to be sensitive to others in the words that are spoken.

Some wise things were said by people in this post.

I love being a Canadian.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just note that if you were on the other forms they have out there for people immigrating to Canada you might find a better audience than us.

I was searching just the other day for such a forum. I want to know what people go through when trying to immigrate to Canada- not just what is said on the government sites. Does anyone have a link to the Canadian version of VJ?

There is a yahoo forum for Canadian immigration. I used it when I went through the process from the US.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

What part of Canada are you living?

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
... We don't take the hits well as you noticed... Canadians have an insecurity to defend at all times. We strive to find an identity that is unique from both the American and British sides ...

Thank you for your honesty. Did you leave out the French in the identity part? Having always lived just across the border from Canada, I would say that the French part is very strong. I know that the Brits and French do not get along well at all so maybe that is why the ommission.

moving right along

Timeline

I don't think a lot of Canadians find we try to get away from being tied in with the French part so much as our Quebec part :lol: and a lot of us hear on a more daily bases that we are just "America's hat" or other such type comments..or that because we still have the Queen as a figure in our parliment (even if she has no real power) that we're still just Brits, so those 2 are the sides we most feel apt to defend. Its like my little sister poking fun at me. Shes taken to calling me an American and being very annoying about it and I've actually found myself snapping back that I am NOT an American.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Very nice apology Deadpool :)

My personal thought is that the vent column is available for any vent, no matter what country you are from or currently living in. Yes, it is in the Canadian forum, but other members from other countries post there too. Granted, I am the American in the relationship, but it doesn't bother me when Deadpool complains about Canada, just as it doesn't bother me when people complain about America. I love my country, but know it is not perfect and can understand when people have difficulty with things here or in any new country.

From what I have read, sometimes it seems like it is the WAY Deadpool phrases things that gets people riled up. That said, I have also seen him apologize for his words more than once and I truly appreciate how genuine he seems and how he does care when he hurts peoples' feelings.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline

definately! Soon we will have him appologizing before he posts and then we can call him a true Canadian :D I know somethings up here are messed up sometimes and theres things that even as a Canadian would irritate the **** out of me. The things with the goverment that hes been posting about are just rediculous, no one should have to deal with that at all.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.