bulaklak

Activist in the Philippines?

31 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can be called an activist if you're advocating or opposing a cause or issue vigorously, esp. a political cause (as per dictionary.com's definition). I don't think you need to join an activist group to become one. You don't even need to go out of the street to voice out your concerns. All you'll be needing is a venue. With the advent of technology, you have more choices now. You can write in paper materials such as newspapers or create blogs online, etc.

Be sure though that you're fighting for the right reasons/causes and that you're ready for the consequences.

Goodluck!!!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline
You can be called an activist if you're advocating or opposing a cause or issue vigorously, esp. a political cause (as per dictionary.com's definition). I don't think you need to join an activist group to become one. You don't even need to go out of the street to voice out your concerns. All you'll be needing is a venue. With the advent of technology, you have more choices now. You can write in paper materials such as newspapers or create blogs online, etc.

Be sure though that you're fighting for the right reasons/causes and that you're ready for the consequences.

Goodluck!!!

Yeah you're right, that's what I'm thinking too. create blogs online about Philippines is a good idea. to voice out my opinions, ideas etc.

"True Love is never associated with violence,deception,abuse ( emotional,physical or verbal) constant sacrifice for the good of only one person,jealousy,fear or mistrust"

------------------------------------------

National Domestic Violence Hotline

Help is available to callers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Hotline advocates are available for victims and anyone calling on their behalf to provide crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals to agencies in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Assistance is available in English and Spanish with access to more than 170 languages through interpreter services. If you or someone you know is frightened about something in your relationship, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
How about start your own business and provide works to the Filipino people. That's a good way to make a difference. Provide work to your people.

You heard her sis...She wants to JOINT to the activists which we all know isn't easy:P The OP should join the Magdalo:))

To history students, Magdalo was one of two factions that revolted against the Spaniards and it was headed by Emilio Aguinaldo. The other faction was Magdiwang, with Andres Bonifacio as the Supremo. The Magdalo faction consisted of traitors and they killed Bonifacio and Gen. Antonio Luna.

Now Mary Jane, tell me, who is Trillanes?

Timeline

Goodluck!!!

Yeah you're right, that's what I'm thinking too. create blogs online about Philippines is a good idea. to voice out my opinions, ideas etc.

Goodluck! I admire the fact that you want to make a difference in our country. Let's face it, not so many have that kind of attitude, most won't even care unless they are also affected. I hope you get good results. Just be careful, ok?

Timeline

Sorry to butt in...I think she's referring to Antonio Trillanes. He is a navy officer that helped organized a failed coup attempt against GMA last 2003 if i'm not mistaken. He's elected as senator last May 2007 while he's in prison. You can get more info about him and the Magdalo Group in this websites: http://senator.trillanes.org/ and http://magdalo.org/ .

To history students, Magdalo was one of two factions that revolted against the Spaniards and it was headed by Emilio Aguinaldo. The other faction was Magdiwang, with Andres Bonifacio as the Supremo. The Magdalo faction consisted of traitors and they killed Bonifacio and Gen. Antonio Luna.

Now that makes more sense manong AJ,So you saying Antonio Trillanes is a Traitor?I think you haven't heard of him with the "Pensiege" a few years ago...he was with Capt.Faeldon..

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Timeline

Sorry to butt in...I think she's referring to Antonio Trillanes. He is a navy officer that helped organized a failed coup attempt against GMA last 2003 if i'm not mistaken. He's elected as senator last May 2007 while he's in prison. You can get more info about him and the Magdalo Group in this websites: http://senator.trillanes.org/ and http://magdalo.org/ .

Thanks for the info loveaboo.

Timeline

Now that makes more sense manong AJ,So you saying Antonio Trillanes is a Traitor?I think you haven't heard of him with the "Pensiege" a few years ago...he was with Capt.Faeldon..

If they revolted against the government, then Trillanes and his friends must be traitors then.

Filed: Timeline

If they revolted against the government, then Trillanes and his friends must be traitors then.

Can you be a traitor against the government, and still a patriot for your country? Does not revolution start with a single act of treason? I know nothing of Trillanes, but I am just asking the hypothetical question.

How about start your own business and provide works to the Filipino people. That's a good way to make a difference. Provide work to your people.

You heard her sis...She wants to JOINT to the activists which we all know isn't easy:P The OP should join the Magdalo:))

Hi Sis Maritoni...

I have been reading "lotus" posts for sometimes now. That's the most decent post i could think of rather than be ...... :devil::bonk:

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Timeline
Activists wants a betterment of the nation..i never experience nor think about joining those though it should not be wrong for us to also think critically about our society... The first president of the Philippines once said that he will rather see his country run like hell than be ruled by a colonial power.

The actual words of Pres. Quezon were these, "I would rather have a country run like hell by Filipinos than a country run like heaven by Americans, because however bad a Filipino government might be, it can always be improved".

Timeline

Can you be a traitor against the government, and still a patriot for your country? Does not revolution start with a single act of treason? I know nothing of Trillanes, but I am just asking the hypothetical question.

A traitor against a corrupt government or a government ruled by foreign sovereignity may be a hero to his country.

Activists wants a betterment of the nation..i never experience nor think about joining those though it should not be wrong for us to also think critically about our society... The first president of the Philippines once said that he will rather see his country run like hell than be ruled by a colonial power.

The actual words of Pres. Quezon were these, "I would rather have a country run like hell by Filipinos than a country run like heaven by Americans, because however bad a Filipino government might be, it can always be improved".

Not even close manong Aj :blink:

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
What is the different kind of activist in the Phils? what is good about it and what is not? and why people are doing it? being an activist in the Philippines is important? is this a hard ting to do?

any input, is there anyone here had experience

There are many kinds of group in the philippines that promotes awareness, social change, political change they were often referred as activist. BUt you better be careful on what organizations you want to be part with. What is the good of it??? awareness on unequal opportunities for the poor, the human rights violation commited by the government , the business sector. Why people joining this group??? once you started learning about this realities, there is an eagerness that you want this to change you become idealistic, you want equal oppurtunites to everyone. Is being an activist in the Philippine is important??? Yes, as long as you know what your fighting for & your not taking advantage of the people who needs the help by pursuing your own agenda. Is this hard thing to do??? Yes it is, once you already in to or as they called "lubog sa organisasyon" it its hard to get out. When I was in college We together with my classamates join the mobilization, the first is during the Flor Contemplacion, we walked from taft avenue to the singapore embassy in makati to stop the death penalty for Flor. Then its been ordinary to Attend SONA, Senate Hearing, EVAT, so as rallying in malacañang. But Our passion was with the Human Rights Violation. We become member of Amnesty International a human rights group, that was when we were in college. But when I started working I seldom join the rally anymore.

But I applauded you for wanting to help the country in your own way, If you come out with the idea on how, let me know & I will join you.

Filed: Other Timeline
What is the different kind of activist in the Phils? what is good about it and what is not? and why people are doing it? being an activist in the Philippines is important? is this a hard ting to do?

any input, is there anyone here had experience

There are many kinds of group in the philippines that promotes awareness, social change, political change they were often referred as activist. BUt you better be careful on what organizations you want to be part with. What is the good of it??? awareness on unequal opportunities for the poor, the human rights violation commited by the government , the business sector. Why people joining this group??? once you started learning about this realities, there is an eagerness that you want this to change you become idealistic, you want equal oppurtunites to everyone. Is being an activist in the Philippine is important??? Yes, as long as you know what your fighting for & your not taking advantage of the people who needs the help by pursuing your own agenda. Is this hard thing to do??? Yes it is, once you already in to or as they called "lubog sa organisasyon" it its hard to get out. When I was in college We together with my classamates join the mobilization, the first is during the Flor Contemplacion, we walked from taft avenue to the singapore embassy in makati to stop the death penalty for Flor. Then its been ordinary to Attend SONA, Senate Hearing, EVAT, so as rallying in malacañang. But Our passion was with the Human Rights Violation. We become member of Amnesty International a human rights group, that was when we were in college. But when I started working I seldom join the rally anymore.

But I applauded you for wanting to help the country in your own way, If you come out with the idea on how, let me know & I will join you.

Thank you for the info you shared, I will be in the Philippines in this coming late August for some very important reason;also I'm thinking of joining as activist, I like it much for human rights,child abused, battered women. I'm not into political. I'd like to be very busy and spend my time for a very important matters. I will find an organization there so, I can join. I will let you know.

"True Love is never associated with violence,deception,abuse ( emotional,physical or verbal) constant sacrifice for the good of only one person,jealousy,fear or mistrust"

------------------------------------------

National Domestic Violence Hotline

Help is available to callers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Hotline advocates are available for victims and anyone calling on their behalf to provide crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals to agencies in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Assistance is available in English and Spanish with access to more than 170 languages through interpreter services. If you or someone you know is frightened about something in your relationship, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.