zacharykutz

Fiancee changed addresses during processing

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

I have just received an approved petition for I-129f as of July 13th. My fiancee in Austria had decided a while ago to end her lease at her apartment so she could move home for a little while to spend time with family before she moves over here.

My question is:

Will her change in address matter?

Also, when and where do I file for the Affidavit of support - I-864? I'm going over to Austria on August 23rd and will have everything with me to give to her if she needs it for her interview...but i'm not entirely sure what I need to bring.

Any help would be much appreciated.

-Zachary

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
I have just received an approved petition for I-129f as of July 13th. My fiancee in Austria had decided a while ago to end her lease at her apartment so she could move home for a little while to spend time with family before she moves over here.

My question is:

Will her change in address matter?

Also, when and where do I file for the Affidavit of support - I-864? I'm going over to Austria on August 23rd and will have everything with me to give to her if she needs it for her interview...but i'm not entirely sure what I need to bring.

Any help would be much appreciated.

-Zachary

Check out the US Embassy for their specific needs. Link at the top oc this page titled, Embassy Info

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
I have checked out the Austrian Embassy info. There is nothing on there that gives me the impression it will effect anything.

The same thing happened to us and I ended up sending in an AR-11 and emailed the embassy with the new address when we were pretty sure that they'd received my fiance's paperwork from the States. We also asked some people we knew at the old address to keep an eye out for any mail from the US embassy in case the address change didn't go through, but luckily it did.

Did you file for K1 or K3? Just asking because you mentioned your fiancee but your status indicates that you filed for a K-3.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
I have checked out the Austrian Embassy info. There is nothing on there that gives me the impression it will effect anything.

The same thing happened to us and I ended up sending in an AR-11 and emailed the embassy with the new address when we were pretty sure that they'd received my fiance's paperwork from the States. We also asked some people we knew at the old address to keep an eye out for any mail from the US embassy in case the address change didn't go through, but luckily it did.

Did you file for K1 or K3? Just asking because you mentioned your fiancee but your status indicates that you filed for a K-3.

I'm an US Citizen. I filed for a K3 on her behalf. My address has not changed, but her's will at the end of the month. She will have her mail forwarded to her new address so I don't think it will be a problem.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.