Ali64

landlady issue - can it be a problem?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My wife's friend is not getting along with her landlady. She is renting upper portion in the house and thinking of moving out. She is waiting for NOA2. She asked my wife if the landlady can be a problem as far as visa processing is concerned. I thought it is so stupid to even think about it then i start thinking if us embassy actually go to people houses and get information that way. I thought I can on this forum if somebody know anything about it.

Thanks

Cheers

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2008-11-28

I-130 Sent : 2009-01-20

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-02-04

I-129F Sent : 2009-02-11

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-02-23

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

I-130 Approval :

Comments : Waiting for NOA2

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
My wife's friend is not getting along with her landlady. She is renting upper portion in the house and thinking of moving out. She is waiting for NOA2. She asked my wife if the landlady can be a problem as far as visa processing is concerned. I thought it is so stupid to even think about it then i start thinking if us embassy actually go to people houses and get information that way. I thought I can on this forum if somebody know anything about it.

Thanks

Cheers

Landlady wont answer the door she maybe renting out the apt illegally :) so dont worry.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks

Cheers

Landlady wont answer the door she maybe renting out the apt illegally :) so dont worry.

embassy in many cases does a field investigation and go to the beneficiary's neighborhood/jobs/school to confirm the marriage/relationship.

I assume you are petitioning for your wife and she resides in pakistan? If so, there 'MIGHT' be a field investigation.

As for renting illegally, it is none of ISL business to determine this. There job is to determine the legetimacy of your relationship.

good lucks,

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks

Cheers

embassy in many cases does a field investigation and go to the beneficiary's neighborhood/jobs/school to confirm the marriage/relationship.

I assume you are petitioning for your wife and she resides in pakistan? If so, there 'MIGHT' be a field investigation.

As for renting illegally, it is none of ISL business to determine this. There job is to determine the legetimacy of your relationship.

good lucks,

Thanks again Revived. Is this field investigation for everyone or maybe for cases who are in AP? I just want her to feel better because we have applied around the same time and we are approved and she will be approved sometime this month.

Cheers

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2008-11-28

I-130 Sent : 2009-01-20

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-02-04

I-129F Sent : 2009-02-11

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-02-23

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

I-130 Approval :

Comments : Waiting for NOA2

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks

Cheers

good lucks,

Thanks again Revived. Is this field investigation for everyone or maybe for cases who are in AP? I just want her to feel better because we have applied around the same time and we are approved and she will be approved sometime this month.

Cheers

No, sometimes they do a field investigatin prior to the interview. I know of one female case where she had the field before her interview her neighbors told her that some guy came to ask about her.

You both are married, you have your marriage cert and other evidence, one landlady can't ruin the whole thing! there is no lie so tell her not to fear and trust God.

Tkc n prayers,

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.