TripleG

I-130 Question

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

An expat friend of mine just arrived here in the United States after working in the RP for 20 months. His contract in the RP is over with and he currently has no job. He married a Filipina with 3 kids while on assignment over there. He wants to petition his wife and her 3 kids using an I-130. Is the correct filing he should use? Or does someone else have any suggestions? Also he is a little concerned about filing anything without a job, and doesn't plan to look for one for about a year. His wife and him have a house in the RP and he is on some paperwork showing ownership? and they have other joint accounts in the RP. Also his 2008 tax return shows earnings of $174,000 for the year. His 2009 earnings are already at $80,000. He wants to file his petition here in the U.S.A and then fly back to the RP in August and basically sit on his butt for about 8 or 9 months and do nothing but relax. Can he do this and still start the immigratation process for her now? or should he wait? He said he might take a job in Japan or somewhere else close to the RP if he likes the terms, but mostly just wants to relax. Whats his best option?

Thanks in advance for any advice, I told him he needs to sign up to Visa Journey, but he's an old fashion type dude that still hasn't completely embraced the internet.

Wyatt

"The Brazos still runs muddy like she's run all along, there ain't never been no cane to grind, the cottons all but gone." R.E.K

Filed I-129F petition on Oct. 27th 2008
NOA1 Nov. 2008
NOA2 March 27th 2009
VSC sent notice that petition forwared to Manila on April 10th
Letter Finally recieved April 24th
June 10th interview date
Passed medical on May 26th (But, not allowed to get vaccinations)
June 10th Pink slip recieved (Yeee-hawww!!!) Consul interview lasted 5 min.
CFO- Completed in Cebu
POE-(LAX, Flew into together on July 17th, took only 5 min.)
Married August 11th (Now the AOS journey begins)

AOS
Recieved Packet Oct. 6th
Recieved NOA AOS, EAD, AP Oct. 17th.
Recieved Biometrics Appointment letter Oct. 23rd
Biometrics Appointment Nov. 2nd.
Advanced Parole approved Nov. 23rd
EAD Work Authorization received Dec. 6th
Permanent Resident Card and Welcome letter received Dec. 15th

96a46edb-2d4b-4f9c-98ae-240883a49565.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
An expat friend of mine just arrived here in the United States after working in the RP for 20 months. His contract in the RP is over with and he currently has no job. He married a Filipina with 3 kids while on assignment over there. He wants to petition his wife and her 3 kids using an I-130. Is the correct filing he should use? Or does someone else have any suggestions? Also he is a little concerned about filing anything without a job, and doesn't plan to look for one for about a year. His wife and him have a house in the RP and he is on some paperwork showing ownership? and they have other joint accounts in the RP. Also his 2008 tax return shows earnings of $174,000 for the year. His 2009 earnings are already at $80,000. He wants to file his petition here in the U.S.A and then fly back to the RP in August and basically sit on his butt for about 8 or 9 months and do nothing but relax. Can he do this and still start the immigratation process for her now? or should he wait? He said he might take a job in Japan or somewhere else close to the RP if he likes the terms, but mostly just wants to relax. Whats his best option?

Thanks in advance for any advice, I told him he needs to sign up to Visa Journey, but he's an old fashion type dude that still hasn't completely embraced the internet.

Wyatt

he can petition here... an I-130 for each.... he will not have to prove financial support ability until after the petitions are approved...

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.