Tnx

I-129F Form :S

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone :) My name is Trang and I am currently engaged to my fiance whos name is Binh.

I am new here but me and my fiance are stuck on one part of the I-129F form and I am terrified of making any mistakes at all that could delay the visa! So any help would be great. We was going to hire a lawyer to help us with the visa process but I think that would be a huge waste of money and the money would be better off being donated here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am stuck on Part A Question 10. My fiance is the american citizen, he recently received his passport but I just want to make sure If he is filling the form out right, It seems to me that question 10 asks the same thing twice? For example it asks:

My citizenship was acquired through (check one)

We checked : Naturalization (because he was not born in the states)

Give number of certificate, date and place it was issued. (we gave the number and date + place it was issued)

BUT then it asks

Have you obtained a certificate of citizenship in your name? Are they still talking about the naturalization certificate? because he does have that but also he has his passport, but we have already given the certificate number and place of issue above this part though? I was going to tell him to enter the number and place again but I just want to make sure if thats the right thing to do.... the example form is great but nothing is filled out in that section on the example I-129F I have.

I have a mountain of questions but at the moment I really just need help with this! Thanks alot :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate: London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 26th August 2009

I-129F Received: 28th August 2009

Cheque Cashed: 1st September 2009

I-129F NOA1: 5th September 2009

I-129F NOA2: 14th October 2009

Petition Sent to NVC: 17th October 2009

Petition Sent to London Embassy 20th October 2009

Packet 3 Sent Back to Embassy 10th November 2009

Embassy Receives Packet 3 12th November 2009

Medical at KnightsBridge Doctors 25th November 2009

Interview!!!! 8th January 2010 ---- APPROVED!!

Entered USA 24th February 2010

Married 18th March 2010

Adjustment of Status: 8th June 2010

​Bio metrics Appointment: 20th July 2010

Approval: 12th October 2010

Green Card Received: 21st October 2010

Remove Conditions Filed: 6th July 2012

Bio Appointment: 6th August 2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Have you obtained a certificate of citizenship in your name?

This question is below the "Parents" check box and needs to be answered if his citizenship was obtained via the parents.

Your fiance checked the Naturalization box and answered. Ignore the "Parents" box.

Edited by Anh map

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

• 3 weeks later...
Have you obtained a certificate of citizenship in your name?

This question is below the "Parents" check box and needs to be answered if his citizenship was obtained via the parents.

Your fiance checked the Naturalization box and answered. Ignore the "Parents" box.

Thank you! ^__^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate: London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 26th August 2009

I-129F Received: 28th August 2009

Cheque Cashed: 1st September 2009

I-129F NOA1: 5th September 2009

I-129F NOA2: 14th October 2009

Petition Sent to NVC: 17th October 2009

Petition Sent to London Embassy 20th October 2009

Packet 3 Sent Back to Embassy 10th November 2009

Embassy Receives Packet 3 12th November 2009

Medical at KnightsBridge Doctors 25th November 2009

Interview!!!! 8th January 2010 ---- APPROVED!!

Entered USA 24th February 2010

Married 18th March 2010

Adjustment of Status: 8th June 2010

​Bio metrics Appointment: 20th July 2010

Approval: 12th October 2010

Green Card Received: 21st October 2010

Remove Conditions Filed: 6th July 2012

Bio Appointment: 6th August 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.