fourjudge

Manila Philippines Embassy/St Lukes/CFO Questions

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have a few questions: Is St Lukes supposed to keep my fiancee's passport after her exam and forward to Manila embassy? Can she take the CFO seminar without her passport (per previous question) while waiting for visa? How long is it taking now to receive visa from time of actual interview/approval?

Thanks again everyone!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I have a few questions: Is St Lukes supposed to keep my fiancee's passport after her exam and forward to Manila embassy? Can she take the CFO seminar without her passport (per previous question) while waiting for visa? How long is it taking now to receive visa from time of actual interview/approval?

Thanks again everyone!!

Hmmm, my fiancee just finished her interview on the 16th. I do not think they require the CFO any longer. Naty will be going to the PDOS prior to leaving. I am sure others will respond soon. But in any case. She needs to make a photocopy of her passport and carry it with her. I am expecting the visa to be delivered this week. about 8 to 10 days. She will pay AIR 21 at the Embassy and they will deliver the visa to her. ( it was P 215) Good luck on your journey.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2008-08-21

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-08-29

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-01-26

NVC Received : 2009-02-02

NVC Left : 2009-02-09

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-02-14

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-07-16

Visa Received : 2009-07-22

US Entry : 2009-08-11

Marriage : 2009-08-21

Comments : She recived the first notice from Manila on Valentines day. Perfect timing.

The first setback came during the medical. Naty had to do the 3 day sputum and then we waited 2 months for the results. YESSSS>came back negative

Went for her interview on July 16th and received her Pink Slip......Finally. Paid the AIR21 and I expect her here August 10th, 2009. Marriage will be August 21st, exactly 4 years to the day that we first met.

Ur fiancee need to photocopy her passport for CFO seminar, once she got her visa, she needs to go back there so they can give her sticker because immigration people wont let her leave the country without it (even if she had the ticket and visa)..

September 2007-- Met Online (FilipinaHeart.com)
March 12,2009-- Married at Quezon City Hall of Justice
USCIS/NVC STAGE
May 8,2009-- I-130 Sent
August 17,2009-- I-130 Approved
August 26, 2009--case received at NVC
November 5,2009--CASE COMPLETED
USEM MANILA STAGE/ U.S. SOIL
November 17-18,2009--Medical PASSED
December 10, 2009--Interview @ 8:30AM A-P-P-R-O-V-E-D
January 25, 2010--FLIGHT(Manila-Japan-Detroit,MI-Buffalo,NY)
February 22,2010-- 2-yr GREEN CARD received
February 26, 2010--SSN received
REMOVING of CONDITIONS
December 22, 2011-- I-751 mailed
February 28, 2012-- Biometrics done

October 10, 2012-- 10-yr GREEN CARD received
NATURALIZATION
January 09, 2013-- sent N-400
January 28, 2013-- Biometrics

May 22, 2013-- Interview Passed- Officially a US Citizen!

Yes it's true, but I suggest just to wait for her passport so no need for her to go back there for the sticker. Just give half day for the seminar...

Ur fiancee need to photocopy her passport for CFO seminar, once she got her visa, she needs to go back there so they can give her sticker because immigration people wont let her leave the country without it (even if she had the ticket and visa)..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.