cimmy

AOS interview and but no original Birth Cert for US Citizen

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Tanzania
Timeline

I live in MA and I have my I 485 AOS interview on 31st of July 2009 in Boston. I have an approved I-130. I am a widow. My husband passed away in June of 2008 after 18 months of marriage. Because of his death, I cannot get some of the documents requested for the AOS interview. For one, I cannot get the birth certificate. I have no idea where he kept the origianal. We submitted a copy for the I-485 application but I cannot find the original. Since he was born out of wedlock, MA law prohibits anyone who is not on the birth record from getting a copy of the birth certificate. Only his mother is on the certificate and she is too sickly to make the trip to the City hall to get a copy.

Does anyone know what happens if you do not have the original birth certificate of the citizen (petitioner)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi, i think copy will be enough. i took my wife's birth certificate and it was in Italian language and he took it with no problem.

Good Luck. and remember dont answer any question before he finish his question. let him say what every he wants to say and then when he finish answer.

Good Luck.

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Tanzania
Timeline

Hey

Sand that is so true...let the officer finish his or her question then answer I have learned that 2 days ago on my interview....sometimes what sound like a question might not be a question at all

tcare

and goodluck cimmaronholman on upcoming interview

AFZ212

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi And thank you, Yes it's a true i have learned this while i was watching Citizenship interview online. the lady got REF, because she doesnt speak english plus she was answering the questions before he finish so he got kinda mad at her .. so he REF, her case.

GOod Luck all.

Hey

Sand that is so true...let the officer finish his or her question then answer I have learned that 2 days ago on my interview....sometimes what sound like a question might not be a question at all

tcare

and goodluck cimmaronholman on upcoming interview

AFZ212

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I live in MA and I have my I 485 AOS interview on 31st of July 2009 in Boston. I have an approved I-130. I am a widow. My husband passed away in June of 2008 after 18 months of marriage. Because of his death, I cannot get some of the documents requested for the AOS interview. For one, I cannot get the birth certificate. I have no idea where he kept the origianal. We submitted a copy for the I-485 application but I cannot find the original. Since he was born out of wedlock, MA law prohibits anyone who is not on the birth record from getting a copy of the birth certificate. Only his mother is on the certificate and she is too sickly to make the trip to the City hall to get a copy.

Does anyone know what happens if you do not have the original birth certificate of the citizen (petitioner)

I live in Boston and I needed a copy of my father-in-laws birth certificate. I went to city hall and requested one, all I needed was his full name and date of birth. I was never asked if I was related to him in any way. I paid the fee and left 20 mins later with the certificate.

I dont know who told you you cant get a copy of your late husbands birth certificate in MA because that is not true.

Filed: Other Country: Tanzania
Timeline

Tay,

Your father in law must have been born to married parents....I physically went to the registry and was denied the certificate because he was born out of wedlock and I am not on the birth record. Please see this website http://www.cityofboston.gov/registry/registerbirth.asp.

It states:-

If the person was born out of wedlock, only those individuals named on the record may obtain them and positive identification will be required, such as your driver's license. Also, these cannot be mailed to a post office box address.

I live in Boston and I needed a copy of my father-in-laws birth certificate. I went to city hall and requested one, all I needed was his full name and date of birth. I was never asked if I was related to him in any way. I paid the fee and left 20 mins later with the certificate.

I dont know who told you you cant get a copy of your late husbands birth certificate in MA because that is not true.

Edited by cimmaronholman

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.