somedaywillhappen

751 with waiver now 16 months

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello I filed an I-751 with a waiver 16 months ago. Since we had a child together I think that there will be no problem. I had the biometrics taken right away, and had to get the stamp in the passport to be able to travel. I had a couple of infopass appointments and have been told that its in process, but have not received any request for further information or anything else for more than a year. What could be going on?

Can you give us some more information? Like where you filed, if it was transferred?

And please fill in your time line.

I filed in CSC, I-130 filed June 2005 visa receieved May 2006

Can you give us some more information? Like where you filed, if it was transferred?

And please fill in your time line.

I filed in CSC, I-130 filed June 2005 visa receieved May 2006. Never has been transferred. No notice at all since I did the biometrics, infopass says its still pending

How about your i-751, when was that filed? Since you have a waiver, you may be called for an interview.

It was filed 16 months ago. Yes I know I might have an interview but I was hoping to have some response from the immigration - a request for more information at least. But as I said, other than the biometrics interview, there has been nothing. I have gone to infopass three times and asked what is happening, was promised an email with an update, but nothing. Only told by infopass that it was still in process.

Your conditional residence extension has expired. Did you go for a new stamping at the local office? Ask the officer about the delay, also its helpful to contact the senator and ombudsman for your case. Most waivers are approved before the one year extension expires. Your cases seems rare. Hope the have not misplaced your file.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.