AbbynSheryl

Your Input is appreciated?

4 posts in this topic

i saw this on u tube

he is saying that she can she can do it after he visa expire?

it did not make sense to me or may be i mis heard it.

thanks

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi, i guess you/we heard it right. he said she can overstay on her tourist visa, wait/extend her stay for another 30 days then marry the USC. that's just not fair at all specially to us on K1 visa who had to go through 'the process'.

Edited by rizamike1

that is exactly what he said

but it is not right?

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hmmmm.........strange ...... he is good. BUt he is also encouraging them to overstay. Thats bad. From my extensive journey and interview experience what i understood is USCIS generally overlook overstay if the marriage looks bonafide. Now there is a 60/90 rule, which is kind of invisible. Like you shdnt marry within 60 days of arrival with a B1/B2 visa - if you do that then it apparantly shows them that you were in a hurry to marry. But a marriage beyond the 60 days and within the visa period, is looked at with belief of genuinity. Apparantly they think in tha later cas eth couple decided it on a spur or something.. BUt then i dnt think USCIS or the Immigration law ever says to stay beyond ur visa period and then get married, they can never encourage overstay. BUt yes, in some cases, if that happens....... and the marriage looks bonafide from other evidences and papers then USCIS tends not to look into overstay and stuff like that. In our case we married 3 days before i had to leave, due to doctors decision on my wife`s knee surgery. And the IO officer asked it to me...... to state the whole story from meeting each other to marriage. He wanted to find the intent .......... to see the intent was not marriage when i came here. They may not ask couples directly what was their intent, but they do get to that answer through questions they ask in a indirect way. So thats another point.

The Law offices of Spar & Bernstein seems to be good but advicing that was not a good thing... Thanks AbbynSheryl for posting the video here. :thumbs:

AOS
Married: June 9, 2008.
Visa expired : June 12, 2008
Filed for AOS . Sent through USPS Priority Express : March 03, 2009
Package Delieverd at USCIS: March 05, 2009
March 13, 2009 : Checks Cashed
March 13, 2009 : NOA 1 received on I-485, I-130, I-765. Dated March 11th, 09
March 17, 2009 : Biometrics Letter recieved (Dated 13th March). Interview on 1st week of April
April 2, 2009 : Biometrics done. Total time taken with wait 20 mins.
April 22, 2009 : Called USCIS. They have received fingerprints and work permit is in process.
May 7, 2009 : I-765 case online. Card Production ordered.
May 11,2009 : EAD card received.
May 12,2009 : Applied for SSN.
May 18,2009 : Received SS card.
June 08,2009 : Received Letter for Interview ( scheduled on July 14 th July )
July 14th : Great Interview. All done in 20 mins.
July 18th: Online status - Card Production ordered. Thank God !! I-130 online status : Pending
July 23rd : Welcome to USA & I-130 approval letter recieved. Online status still shows pending.
July 31st : Received conditional green card
Removing Condition
3/25/11 - Received reminder from USCIS to file for ROC
5/6/11 - Sent I-751 Packet to CSC via usps
5/9/11- Package delivered to csc.
5/11/11- Check cashed electronically by CSC
5/16/11- NOA 1 received
5/27/11 - Biometrics letter received.Scheduled on 06/06/11. Case Online
6/6/11 - Biometrics done
9/6/11 - Approved.Card Production Ordered
9/12/11- Card Received

Citizenship

10/13/15 : Sent N400

10/16/15 : NOA

11/13/15 : Fingerprints

11/17/15 : In Line for Interview

01/11/16 : Interview- Passed & Given Oath letter & Date by hand

01/14/16 : Oath Ceremony done & Naturalization Certificate in hand.Proud citizen of USA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.