6 posts in this topic

I was waiting for the card and my case just updated today and it shows "Card Returned as Undeliverable"

I need them to resend it to a new address.... is there any charge for that?

I moved not too long ago and forgot to inform them my new address.... yes I was naive and thought that everything would be forwarded.

I just filed AR-11 with new address and going to call USCIS tomorrow morning.

Yes, I checked the approval notice and it clearly says to call and update when I move, so I know it was my mistake.

I-90 form fee is $290, and that is too much for me at this time. Will they charge me $290 or little less since all they need to do is just resend it?

Please give me some advice before I call them tomorrow.

Thanks!

You are likely to be deported as a result of this mistake.

Just kidding!! :jest::jest: It's good that you have filed the change of address form online. Call the info line - if they cannot help you, schedule an infopass, so that you can make sure the card is forwarded to the correct address.

02-18-2009 - I-751 filed (Removal of Conditions)

02-20-2009 - NOA1

03-20-2009 - Biometrics Appointment

03-23-2009 - Touched

06-22-2009 - Removal of Conditions approved (via USPS)

07-01-2009 - Email from USCIS advising of approval

07-06-2009 - Received 10-yr Permanent Resident Card

02-18-2010 - Eligible to file for naturalization

----------------------------------

Disclaimer! Any advice I give is purely informal, and is not legal advice.

I called and gave them new address without problem.

All I was asked is if I filed AR-11 or not. BUT she also said that it could take up to 45 days for the service center to process this request :(

I'm checking case status everyday, and it still shows "Card Undeliverable". Anyone know how long it usually take them to resend the card?

I asked if it is really going to take that long, and she said was she was not able to give any timeline on that.

I also asked if I can call back to check if it is updated to my case and being processed, but she told me that call line representatives don't have access to such information.

I hope it will not actually take 45 days because I need unexpired green card for some places that won't accept current GC + 1 year extention letter.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
I called and gave them new address without problem.

All I was asked is if I filed AR-11 or not. BUT she also said that it could take up to 45 days for the service center to process this request :(

I'm checking case status everyday, and it still shows "Card Undeliverable". Anyone know how long it usually take them to resend the card?

I asked if it is really going to take that long, and she said was she was not able to give any timeline on that.

I also asked if I can call back to check if it is updated to my case and being processed, but she told me that call line representatives don't have access to such information.

I hope it will not actually take 45 days because I need unexpired green card for some places that won't accept current GC + 1 year extention letter.

Make an INFOPASS to make sure they have the correct information.

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

• 2 weeks later...

I still do not have GC with me.

Called them again and was told to wait until the 45 day is over.

He nearly yelled "Wait for confirmation! You will get one within 45 days!"

I explained reasons why I needed actual GC soon.

Asked again if he or INFOPASS can at least confirm that my service request is being processed, and he said "NO!, I cannot and local office will also tell you to wait"

I don't know what to do now. This ROC process is really making me sick :(

Does anyone know how long it takes them to resend the card? Or how to deal with this situation?

I am willing to go to Infopass if it will somewhat help my case, otherwise... I don't know.

It takes nearly 6 hours round trip, and I have to take a day off for it.

This is really frustrating... :crying:

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I still do not have GC with me.

Called them again and was told to wait until the 45 day is over.

He nearly yelled "Wait for confirmation! You will get one within 45 days!"

I explained reasons why I needed actual GC soon.

Asked again if he or INFOPASS can at least confirm that my service request is being processed, and he said "NO!, I cannot and local office will also tell you to wait"

I don't know what to do now. This ROC process is really making me sick :(

Does anyone know how long it takes them to resend the card? Or how to deal with this situation?

I am willing to go to Infopass if it will somewhat help my case, otherwise... I don't know.

It takes nearly 6 hours round trip, and I have to take a day off for it.

This is really frustrating... :crying:

Why bother calling the MISINFORMATION LINE... make an infopass appointment and request they resend your greencard to the new address, you can also get the immigration officer to check that they have updated your new address in the system..

DO NOT WAIT.. the 1-800 line is a call center they are not USCIS immigration officers and they can only see very basic information about your case. They can not update your address or reissue the card all they can do is send a request to the service center dealing with your case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.