ping78

I-751 with Waiver and 8 months waiting already!

15 posts in this topic

The following is the facts of my case:

*Filed I-751 with a good faith waiver to VSC on 11/10/2008; Note: a lot of evidence attached, over 3 inches file.

*Biometrics on 12/09/2008;

*LUD on 12/09/2008;

*Received RFE, dated 05/05/2009;

*Response of RFE received by VSC on 05/13/2009;

*Called USCIS customer service on 07/02/2009 reported case outside of normal processing time;

*Called USCIS customer service on 07/13/2009 to confirm that they have my new address which I have changed with them back in 12/2008;

*LUD on 07/14/2009;

*LUD on 07/15/2009;

*Bad news: Received a letter from VSC, dated 07/04/2009 as a response of my inquiry on 07/02/2009, quoted:

The status of this service request is:

We have determined that the file in question is located at the Immigration office whose address appears below. Please address your inquiry to:

USCIS, Newark District Office.

What shall I do now? Shall I write a letter to Newark District Office to ask a update of my case? What's next? An interview? How long should I wait for an interview? What do the 2 touches in past 2 days mean? Somebody has worked on my case and made a decision or something? I am really confused. Please help! Any advice or experience sharing is deeply appreciated? Thanks in advance!!!

Why is it bad news that it got transferred to your local office? Sounds like good news to me - that your inquiry 'shook it loose' and sent it to the proper place. I'd say an interview is in your future - how long it will take to get one depends on how busy Newark is.

A touch can mean anything - either that they moved your file from room to room, or that they actually worked on it. Sounds to me like they did indeed work on it, hence your transfer to Newark.

SA4userbar.jpg

Did any body get approved by Local Office without an interview? Is it possible? I am not afraid of attending an interview. But it will be a lot work for me. I don't drive and live far away from Newark. :( I have to figure out how to get there. Also, my passport is going to be expired next month. I am working full-time now, all day long. Don't know if I do need to get my passport renewed before interview. I have to take a day off and travel to consular. :crying: Headache! TracyTN, Thanks for replying!

If your passport is expired, make sure you bring 2 passport size photos so they can issue I-551 stamp on a separate sheet of paper.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Timeline
The following is the facts of my case:

*Filed I-751 with a good faith waiver to VSC on 11/10/2008; Note: a lot of evidence attached, over 3 inches file.

*Biometrics on 12/09/2008;

*LUD on 12/09/2008;

*Received RFE, dated 05/05/2009;

*Response of RFE received by VSC on 05/13/2009;

*Called USCIS customer service on 07/02/2009 reported case outside of normal processing time;

*Called USCIS customer service on 07/13/2009 to confirm that they have my new address which I have changed with them back in 12/2008;

*LUD on 07/14/2009;

*LUD on 07/15/2009;

*Bad news: Received a letter from VSC, dated 07/04/2009 as a response of my inquiry on 07/02/2009, quoted:

The status of this service request is:

We have determined that the file in question is located at the Immigration office whose address appears below. Please address your inquiry to:

USCIS, Newark District Office.

What shall I do now? Shall I write a letter to Newark District Office to ask a update of my case? What's next? An interview? How long should I wait for an interview? What do the 2 touches in past 2 days mean? Somebody has worked on my case and made a decision or something? I am really confused. Please help! Any advice or experience sharing is deeply appreciated? Thanks in advance!!!

There is nothing you can do -- maybe go for a infopass appointment at the local office. An interview is coming for sure. Touches mean nothing, files are transferred, touched and updated all the time. Wait patiently and get ready for an interview. Good luck.

If your passport is expired, make sure you bring 2 passport size photos so they can issue I-551 stamp on a separate sheet of paper.

Milimelo, you mean I don't need to renew my passport if I can not make it before my interview date. Thanks!!!

Did any body get approved by Local Office without an interview? Is it possible? I am not afraid of attending an interview. But it will be a lot work for me. I don't drive and live far away from Newark. :( I have to figure out how to get there. Also, my passport is going to be expired next month. I am working full-time now, all day long. Don't know if I do need to get my passport renewed before interview. I have to take a day off and travel to consular. :crying: Headache! TracyTN, Thanks for replying!

Not possible. An interview is a must before and approval if its the local office. Renew your passport as soon as possible. You will be informed 30 days in advance at least, so there is lots of time. Dont cry and get stressed for nothing at all, we all work full time, we all drive, or take a cab and request days off for imp. things like immigration. Stop baby whining and get strong for whats coming :D .

Milimelo, you mean I don't need to renew my passport if I can not make it before my interview date. Thanks!!!

You still need to renew your passport, but I am not sure I'd risk doing it now - you may not have it back in time for the interview. In which case, what milimelo suggests is spot on.

SA4userbar.jpg

Thanks for the replies. I think I should start to prepare for a possible interview in later August or September. Any tips for the interview? I have a lot of evidence, I guess I need to take all of them with me, which will require a luggage tote. Experience members please advise. Thanks again!

Thanks for the replies. I think I should start to prepare for a possible interview in later August or September. Any tips for the interview? I have a lot of evidence, I guess I need to take all of them with me, which will require a luggage tote. Experience members please advise. Thanks again!

You need that luggage tote with chips, drinks and a comforter... ;) Take nothing! Take only what is asked for in the interview letter. They have everything on file. In addition to what is asked in the interview letter I would take originals of what was filed in the waiver. Remember dress your best, sport of smile and answer truthfully. Dont guess dont assume keep answers short.

You need that luggage tote with chips, drinks and a comforter... ;) Take nothing! Take only what is asked for in the interview letter. They have everything on file. In addition to what is asked in the interview letter I would take originals of what was filed in the waiver. Remember dress your best, sport of smile and answer truthfully. Dont guess dont assume keep answers short.

Awesome advise. :thumbs: Thanks a lot. By the way, my waiver file is over 3 inches, maybe more since I did a response for RFE. After 2 year 8 months marriage, I did not get much from my ex except all kinds of joint statements, pages, bills, and so forth. It will be too heavy for me to carry all the originals without a luggage tote. Oh, I am going to ask a half day off next week to try to renew my passport. Hopefully, my new one will be ready before my interview. I will keep you guys posted. :star:

How long should I wait for an interview?

I was waiting for about 6 months from my response to an RFE till I received an interview letter from my local office.

Oh my god. That is crazy. Did you call USCIS customer service to report that your case was outside of normal processing time? Did you look for any help during that period of time? By the way, how did your interview go? Which local office are you talking about? Please update! Thanks.

Oh my god. That is crazy. Did you call USCIS customer service to report that your case was outside of normal processing time? Did you look for any help during that period of time?

I had an infopass when my extension letter was about to expire, an IO told me that this kind of cases take longer tome to get processed, and recommended me just to wait for any news from them. So I was just waiting.

By the way, how did your interview go?

Successful :thumbs:

Which local office are you talking about? Please update! Thanks.

Buffalo, NY

Oh my god. That is crazy. Did you call USCIS customer service to report that your case was outside of normal processing time? Did you look for any help during that period of time?

I had an infopass when my extension letter was about to expire, an IO told me that this kind of cases take longer tome to get processed, and recommended me just to wait for any news from them. So I was just waiting.

By the way, how did your interview go?

Successful :thumbs:

Which local office are you talking about? Please update! Thanks.

Buffalo, NY

Thanks you for the updates. I am glad that you made it! :star: Will you be able to tell me something about the interview? What kind of questions did the officer ask you? Any tips from your experience?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.