Sanam143

Worst experience... Additional Processing

4 posts in this topic

My husband had his interview on June 8th. I was present with him at the interview. During the interview we were told we need a new cosponsor. The CO gave us a blue slip with 221g checked and a white ship saying we needed to submit support documents. on the blue slip it didnt say anything about additional processing nor did the CO say anything about additional process. On June 25th we submitted new sponsor documents and were told to come back on July 9th. We went on July 9th back to the Dhaka embassy. While entering the embassy during security check I was waiting for my husband to catch up with me and a really rude security lady started yelling at me asking me why am I waiting and I started walking because of her screaming and tripped and broke my toe nail. my toe nail completely came off and my feet was in immense pain the whole time we were there. We waited from 12:30pm till 5:00pm when everyone had left but we were still not called. Finally they called and said if anyone is in the waiting room please come forward. We wait in and gave them our case number. The lady asked why we were here today and we responded that we received a token to come back today. The lady than said your visa is not ready yet it is waiting for security clearance you should of not came today. I was sure at this point there was some mistake. I asked the lady to double check everything cause we were told to come today. Then a man came and told us that our case was going under additional processing. I asked why we were not notified of this before and why we were asked to come today. the man apologized and said it is their mistake and they will call us as soon as the visa is ready. they handed us a blue sheet in the blue sheet 221g was not checked this time but there was a stamp that said "your case is under additional processing we will contact you as soon as we receive the results." they kept my husbands passport and said they will call us. I wanted to know if anyone had been in this position before. How long does it normally take? do they always keep the passport? is it a good sign that they kept the passport. I was supposed to leave Bangladesh on the 29th of June but I extended hoping my husband can come with me, but it went in vain. Anyone have any idea as to what I can do now? It breaks my heart to leave my husband behind. I dont know how Im going to do it. Please give me some advice.

Sorry to hear about the hardships you've been thru, especially the toe nails..OUCH!! that's really painful.

Perhaps you didn't submitted all the required documents? and why did you need another sponsor? USCIS should have told you from the very beginning if you really needs it.

Well,all I can say is pray and I hope everything will be alright. :(

Dec 15,2009 - Assigned interview date on January 24,2010!!

Jan. 24, 2010 - Interview!! Approved

Jan. 28, 2010 - VISA received

Mar. 03,2010 - POE, New York (JFK)

Apr. 12,2010- CA ID

May 20,2010- CA Driving License

May, 25,2010-Wife told me that she is pregnant ^_^

Jan.25,2011- Our daughter was born

Lee and Jen + Karenza

Hm...I am surprised I did not see this earlier. Well, if anyone has become a symbol of Bangladesh AP on VJ it's probably me. My husband got AP 3 times, with a 13 month wait and finally the visa. They kept his passport twice, gave it back once in the middle. The problem was his name/security check kept getting hits. Of coarse with common names like "Muhammad" or "Khan" the name checks are always long. After 4 months of AP, my husband was called to come back because AP was over but the checks had expired. I was shocked, devastated and you can imagine, went a little crazy. We waited and I went to bangladesh during the 6th month of AP to the Embassy to ask what is going on, and nearly in tears I asked if me showing up will prove that everything is ok. The lady assured me we will not get denied and then after I came back to the US we waited another 7 months when finally the embassy e-mailed me to say the visa was ready for pick up.

I must say this entire process is unpredictable and every case is different. Most of the time the cases coming from bangladesh take about 2-8 months. It is stated under the website for the Dhake-US website that 6 months is now EXPECTED. This is pretty scary but it also depends on the cases themselves. If your new sponsorship documents are sufficient and your husband's name is not as common, the checks can be done quite quickly - say another month. In that case, the embassy will all your husband to come back and get the passport with visa in it. If for some reason the case expires, he may be called to get the passport, but empty. So be ready for all situations and pray for the best. You may call the Department of State (DOS) at 1-202-663-1225, ( press 1, 0, 4, 3, 0 ) and give them your case number and your husband's name, information and they should be able to tell your your status.

Hopefully you will get out of AP soon, pm me if you have any questions.

God Bless,

Tamanna

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Hm...I am surprised I did not see this earlier. Well, if anyone has become a symbol of Bangladesh AP on VJ it's probably me. My husband got AP 3 times, with a 13 month wait and finally the visa. They kept his passport twice, gave it back once in the middle. The problem was his name/security check kept getting hits. Of coarse with common names like "Muhammad" or "Khan" the name checks are always long. After 4 months of AP, my husband was called to come back because AP was over but the checks had expired. I was shocked, devastated and you can imagine, went a little crazy. We waited and I went to bangladesh during the 6th month of AP to the Embassy to ask what is going on, and nearly in tears I asked if me showing up will prove that everything is ok. The lady assured me we will not get denied and then after I came back to the US we waited another 7 months when finally the embassy e-mailed me to say the visa was ready for pick up.

I must say this entire process is unpredictable and every case is different. Most of the time the cases coming from bangladesh take about 2-8 months. It is stated under the website for the Dhake-US website that 6 months is now EXPECTED. This is pretty scary but it also depends on the cases themselves. If your new sponsorship documents are sufficient and your husband's name is not as common, the checks can be done quite quickly - say another month. In that case, the embassy will all your husband to come back and get the passport with visa in it. If for some reason the case expires, he may be called to get the passport, but empty. So be ready for all situations and pray for the best. You may call the Department of State (DOS) at 1-202-663-1225, ( press 1, 0, 4, 3, 0 ) and give them your case number and your husband's name, information and they should be able to tell your your status.

Hopefully you will get out of AP soon, pm me if you have any questions.

God Bless,

Tamanna

hey thanks for responding. In the embassy they had said he needed to go through security clearance. I dont know if its any different from additional processing or the same thing. Im praying to God everyday that me and my husband can be together soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.