MapleLeafBaby

We Did It!!!! About to file AOS....Question...

55 posts in this topic

thanks for the form. I will print it :)

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we have to copy our I-94 and marriage certificate 3 times for all three app's (AOS,EAD,AP)? or one copy attached to the package? Do they all get processed together?

N-400 Citizenship

Also, in the application, if I want t use my married name, do I apply in my maiden name or married name?

sorry guys...want to make sure I do it right :)

N-400 Citizenship

Also, in the application, if I want t use my married name, do I apply in my maiden name or married name?

sorry guys...want to make sure I do it right :)

I used my married name in the application for AOS, EAD, SSN, etc.

You put your married name in Family name, and then in processing information you will have the spot to put your mother's and father's family names. And then they ask you for the name as it appears on your I-94 which is your maiden name, then they can relate to your K-1 application. But no need for anything else, they got your marriage license copy and that is enough to justify the name change.

Everything came back in my married name :) And then I applied for everything else (Driver license, bank accounts, etc) in my married name once I got my EAD and GC.

Do we have to copy our I-94 and marriage certificate 3 times for all three app's (AOS,EAD,AP)? or one copy attached to the package? Do they all get processed together?

I honestly cant remember atm....long day at work sorry :whistle:

I woud have to go through my EAD application.

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If you look at my list, I made a copy for each. All three apps get separated and get worked on separately, so I believe you need to include 3 copies of everything.

My list is what I used for my cover letter and details every single thing in my package. I also included a marriage certificate copy in each package to note my name change.

Use your married name for all your forms if that's what you would like to go by.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

If you look at my list, I made a copy for each. All three apps get separated and get worked on separately, so I believe you need to include 3 copies of everything.

My list is what I used for my cover letter and details every single thing in my package. I also included a marriage certificate copy in each package to note my name change.

Use your married name for all your forms if that's what you would like to go by.

That list is great...i'm using it :)

I am going to try to get my DL this week....I wonder if I can get my DL in my married name, if I bring my marriage certificate? or if they require a GC?

I guess i'll find out :)

N-400 Citizenship

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That list is great...i'm using it :)

I am going to try to get my DL this week....I wonder if I can get my DL in my married name, if I bring my marriage certificate? or if they require a GC?

I guess i'll find out :)

You can put it in your married name with your marriage cert. I've applied for everything here in my married name and just take along my marriage certificate. It is considered a legal document. On my cert. there is a spot that shows my new surname... not sure if it's like that in NJ too.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Just a side note, a lot of states require a GC or at least the EAD in order to give you a DL.

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Filed: Country: Israel
Timeline
Thanks guys :)

do the passport photos need to be dated? I never kept the receipt? I actually never did for my K1 app and interview either?

I have photos that I took right before I left Toronto, and was gonna use those?

Where do I find the Chicago Lock Box address?

And should I mail in the address change form or do it on line?

do the passport photos need to be dated? I never kept the receipt? I actually never did for my K1 app and interview either?

1) passport photos- do not need to be dated- the toronto photos you have will be just perfect ( you are going to need about 6 of them). but you DO need to print your name and A# on the back of the photo with pencil!!!!

2) Chicago Lockbox address : USCIS ,PO BOX 805887, Chicago IL 60680-4120 (for normail mail) and 131 South Dearborn - 3rd floor, Chicago IL 60603-5517 (for express/overnight delivery).

*** I really don't see how you will be able to finish the AOS in one day. You need doctor's exam and to do many printing. One mistake, and they will delay your case. It doesn't worth it...better take the time and make sure all is correct- some of the questions on the forms are tricky...so pay attention. Foem I-864 is annoying ..unless your husband has 2008 income tax return that shows he can support you, him and all dependants (children).

Alona.

Filed: Country: Israel
Timeline
Thanks guys...

I am working on the forms...a few questions...

Does the photocopy of the I-94 have to be front and back on one page? I have it copied on two pages?

When I prepare payment, what is better, personal cheque of money order? Personal cheque can be tracked when cashed?

I have my USC's IRS transcripts....do I copy 2008 only, or send them 2006-2008....this is the only income stuff we are sending...

I will try the address change on line and also mail a copy in....

do I send in a photo copy of the marriage cert, or original cert copy?

thanks

1) I-94 : you must copy front and back of the form but it doesnt matter if on one or two pages.

2) personal check or money order - I Must warn you that if you submit a personal check , you need to pay close attention to the balance in your bank account , because when it can take a while until uscis cash the check and you must make sure that you have sufficient funds in you acccount all that time. From my personal experience: I sent a personal check and USCIS cashed it 4 months later at the one day that i didn't have sufficient funds. It wasn't fun for me. BE CAREFULL.

BTW- you can trace money order too. They have the long number on them by which you can check if they were cashed and by whom.

3) 2008 income tax return- you need to make copies of all pages, staple them togeher in the correct order. You only need the 2008 . 2006 and 2007 are NOT required !

4) marriage certificate- you need to send a regular COPY ! not the original and not certified.

Alona.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

1) passport photos- do not need to be dated- the toronto photos you have will be just perfect ( you are going to need about 6 of them). but you DO need to print your name and A# on the back of the photo with pencil!!!!

2) Chicago Lockbox address : USCIS ,PO BOX 805887, Chicago IL 60680-4120 (for normail mail) and 131 South Dearborn - 3rd floor, Chicago IL 60603-5517 (for express/overnight delivery).

*** I really don't see how you will be able to finish the AOS in one day. You need doctor's exam and to do many printing. One mistake, and they will delay your case. It doesn't worth it...better take the time and make sure all is correct- some of the questions on the forms are tricky...so pay attention. Foem I-864 is annoying ..unless your husband has 2008 income tax return that shows he can support you, him and all dependants (children).

Alona.

She doesn't need to do a doctor's exam, as her medical for the K-1 was within the past year. So a new medical is not necessary.

And you do not need a GC to obtain a DL in PA

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

On the I-864, at the top Question 1 asks to check one box.... is it (a) I am the petitioner. I filed or am filing for the immigration of a relative

Just want to make sure.... I always think of a relative as a family member but not a 'spouse'

Thanks

N-400 Citizenship

Also, can I hyphenate my name on the forms?

when filling out all the AOS forms, i'd like to hyphenate my name, as I would like my GC to be issued in both hyphenated names.

Will they do that?

I kinda wanna keep my maiden name as well, as it is the only link my son will have with me, name wise :)

N-400 Citizenship

On the I-864, at the top Question 1 asks to check one box.... is it (a) I am the petitioner. I filed or am filing for the immigration of a relative

Just want to make sure.... I always think of a relative as a family member but not a 'spouse'

Thanks

The I-864 is for the USC spouse (petitioner) to fill out, so yes he would check that box.

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Also, can I hyphenate my name on the forms?

when filling out all the AOS forms, i'd like to hyphenate my name, as I would like my GC to be issued in both hyphenated names.

Will they do that?

I kinda wanna keep my maiden name as well, as it is the only link my son will have with me, name wise :)

I read somewhere that if you want to have your maiden and married name on your GC to list your maiden name in the "other names used"

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=Hyphenate+name

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.