MapleLeafBaby

We Did It!!!! About to file AOS....Question...

55 posts in this topic

Hey guys...

I have a quick question...

First off, thank you all for your well wishes :) We got married on Tuesday and it was amazing! I am so happy that we opted to not go with the courthouse wedding...all we did was get the license from the courthouse in Ocean City, hired a Minister...she brought two witnesses for us (as we wanted to be alone on the beach), got a little bouqet of flowers, simple white beach attire and we did it!

It was magical! The events that led to our ceremony could have driven any bride bonkers....we lost power on the entire boardwalk and our hotel 2 hours before the wedding....I couldn't get ready! lol...it finally came on an hour before and right before we were headed out the door....IT STARTED THUNDERSTORMING!!!! We sat in the car by the beach and within 20 mins the rain cleared and the sun came out.....we wed at sunset....read our vows and got great photos (I will have to get the hubby to help me post a couple of pics :)

I could not have asked for a better way to get married! We are so happy, and I can't stop staring at my ring...it's so surreal....and get this...the minister that married us, had dated Elvis Presely when she was in her teens!!! She was the sweetest elder lady....and we hit it off...she gave us great words of wisdom....i'm still up in the clouds!

We spent a few days by the shore....came up to NYC for a couple of days and headed back to the shore this weekend until Sunday...then back home, where my mom is watching my son....

I have a question about AOS....i'll only be back home for two days, before I head back to the shore with my son and SIL and her kids for the rest of next week (they have a house on the beach, and I miss my little guy...so were spending some beach time together)

Do you think I can get my AOS forms completed and sent out in one day? if not, i'll have to leave it until I get back the following week....but I really want to get it out.

I have the passport photos, my marriage cert, and the fees....can I fill out the forms in one night? or does it take long? i'll print them out and mail it all to the Chicago Lock Box...

Also, I have a change of address....should I file it with the forms? or do it on line? or do I have to wait for them to receive my package before I can change the address?

I think the cost is $1010 for me, or is it $1100 (I have to check), and $600 for a child?

I'm unsure as to what forms to file for my son (K2), so i'm just gonna file a duplicate of all of my forms...i'm not sure if I have to file EAD for him? is there a section for K2's on this forum where I can check for advice? (sorry, i'm on my iPhone, so navigating through the guides is tricky)

Thanks for any advice you guys have to offer....i'll be back on here Monday night as I work on the forms...

I'm so nervous that I may mess things up! :( If you guys recall I had a lawyer for my K1, so this is my first 'solo' attempt lol....

Wish me luck! I'm hoping for a smooth submission with no RFE's!!!!!

Have a great night :)

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sounds amazing PopRocks!

To be honest, I would give yourself more than one day for the forms... just to check everything over and ensure that you have everything. Took me about 4 days or so to feel ready to send them out. I found it was a lot of scanning and printing of the documents... somethings we already had and some we didn't. It probably could be done in one night, but I like to sleep on things and proof read them over a few days.

This is what I sent (compliments of JillA!):

Table of Contents:

Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

Includes:

2 photographs & receipt for photographs (date on the receipt to show they were taken within 30 days of the filing of this application on XX)

Check in the amount of $1010 made payable to the Department of Homeland Security

Copy of my foreign birth certificate

Copy of passport page with K-1 Visa

Vaccination supplement (Vaccination Documentation Medical Worksheet)

Form G-325A, Biographic Information Sheet

Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) which also includes tax documents & letter of employment from sponsor, also proof of U.S. Citizenship which includes copy of the biographic data page of sponsor’s U.S. Passport

Evidence of eligibility which includes a copy of approval notice for I-129F, copy of marriage certificate, Form I-94 (front & back) and passport identity page

Form I-131, Application for Travel Document

Includes:

Letter of request for granting Advance Parole

2 photographs (which were taken on XX – receipt attached to Form I-485)

Initial Evidence which includes a copy of an official photo identity document (passport identity page)

A copy of Form I-94 (front & back) and K1 visa to show my present status in the United States

Marriage Certificate to note the name change

Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization

Includes:

2 photographs (which were taken on XX – receipt attached to Form I-485)

A copy of Form I-94 (front & back)

A copy of a Federal Government-issued identity document which includes my Visa issued by a foreign consulate

Passport Identity Page

Marriage Certificate to note the name change

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Congrats poprocks!!!

I can't wait togo to the US at the end of July!! We're not getting married before sept 5th so i'll have time to get ready with the AOS and/or come bug you guys who already did it :)

Congrats again!!!

K-1
Oct. 2, 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC
May 12, 2009 - Interview - Approved
July 28, 2009 - Civil Wedding
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS
Aug. 10, 2009 - AOS/EAD/AP Package received in Chicago
Oct. 27, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED !!
Nov. 06, 2009 - Green Card Received

ROC
Aug. 13, 2011 - ROC Package sent to VSC
May 31, 2012 - ROC - APPROVED !!!
June 11, 2012 - Green Card Received

Naturalization
Mar 21, 2013 - N-400 Package sent to Lewisville,TX
Mar 22, 2013 - Package delivered
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA
Mar 27, 2013 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2013 - Early Biometrics (Appt scheduled for April 18th)

Jul 10, 2013 - Interview - PASSED

Jul 26, 2013 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband and I did the AOS package in one day... so yea I think you can do it in one day.

Congratulations! Sounded like a beautiful wedding!

Donne moi une poptart!

Thanks guys :)

do the passport photos need to be dated? I never kept the receipt? I actually never did for my K1 app and interview either?

I have photos that I took right before I left Toronto, and was gonna use those?

Where do I find the Chicago Lock Box address?

And should I mail in the address change form or do it on line?

do the passport photos need to be dated? I never kept the receipt? I actually never did for my K1 app and interview either?

N-400 Citizenship

Timeline

The Chicago Lockbox address is on the instructions.... I would read the instructions for each form you're filling out, just to make sure you don't miss anything.... USCIS website has instructions and current forms for everything you need to fill out....

As for the passport photos, it is noted on the instructions they need to have been taken within 30 days.... but they don't specifically ask for a receipt, I just sent it to be safe.... With the date on it. It's up to you if you want to send the ones you had taken in TO, but that was past 30 days ago.... not sure how they'd find that out!

For the address form, why not play safe and do both? Submit it online and mail in a copy too.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats on the wedding! Seems like you're still on cloud nine which is great!!! You have your hands full with the AOS...I'm glad my kids are dual citizens cause it's true that there's not much info on K2s.....

Good luck with everything!

129F

14 Oct 2008 --- I-129F sent to VSC

17 Oct 2008 ---- NOA1 (rec'd Oct.23rd)

17 Mar 2009 ---- NOA2 151days (rec'd Mar.21st)

31 Jul 2009 ---- Interview - APPROVED!! (visa rec'd Aug.5th)

16 Aug 2009 ---- BIG MOVE!!!! So many conflicting emotions!

21 Aug 2009 --- marriage - civil ceremony

AOS, EAD, AP

13 Oct 2009 --- sent to Chicago Lockbox

18 Nov 2009 -- Bio app. for AOS and EAD (Rec'd Nov. 2nd)

18 Dec 2009 --- AP and EAD APPROVED!!!! (AP rec'd Dec. 29th; EAD rec'd Dec. 31st)

15 Jan 2010 --- AOS transfered to CSC!!

19 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

22 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

25 Jan 2010 --- AOS touched

17 June 2010 ---AOS touched

18 June 2010 ---AOS touched

10 July 2010 --- AOS touched

12 July 2010 --- Letter to welcome new permanent resident and card ordered

Thanks guys...

I am working on the forms...a few questions...

Does the photocopy of the I-94 have to be front and back on one page? I have it copied on two pages?

When I prepare payment, what is better, personal cheque of money order? Personal cheque can be tracked when cashed?

I have my USC's IRS transcripts....do I copy 2008 only, or send them 2006-2008....this is the only income stuff we are sending...

I will try the address change on line and also mail a copy in....

do I send in a photo copy of the marriage cert, or original cert copy?

thanks

Edited by poprocks

N-400 Citizenship

Timeline
Thanks guys...

I am working on the forms...a few questions...

Does the photocopy of the I-94 have to be front and back on one page? I have it copied on two pages?

When I prepare payment, what is better, personal cheque of money order? Personal cheque can be tracked when cashed?

I have my USC's IRS transcripts....do I copy 2008 only, or send them 2006-2008....this is the only income stuff we are sending...

I will try the address change on line and also mail a copy in....

do I send in a photo copy of the marriage cert, or original cert copy?

thanks

Copy of I-94 can be on 2 pages... I had the front on 1 page, the back on the second page....

Personal cheque is fine! They accept that no problem. You can track it when it is cashed so makes it easy.

I believe it asks for the most recent year of tax info, unless the USC makes just above the poverty line and you send in 3 years to be safe. But in your case, I'm sure 2008 is sufficient. If you have all 3 years, you could send them all if it makes you feel "safer".

Do not send in the original marriage cert, a good quality photocopy is enough.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

another question...

the change of address on line is for pending cases.... if I have not yet filed my AOS, am I still considered pending with USCIS with my I-94? or should I print the form and mail it with the package... I worry if I do it on line, it'll mess things up....

also, do we both have to file the AR-11? me as the ben and him as the pet?

Thanks

Edited by poprocks

N-400 Citizenship

I just noticed that you need a receipt number to change address...I shouldn't use my old NOA2 receipt number cause that's now closed? it says that you shuold use the 13 digit code on the back of the cancelled cheque from the bank after I apply....so if I don't use the AR-11 on line, what form do I use?

I'm thinking maybe I use my old address to apply and then when they do rec've our package, change our address then?

so confused :(

N-400 Citizenship

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
another question...

the change of address on line is for pending cases.... if I have not yet filed my AOS, am I still considered pending with USCIS with my I-94? or should I print the form and mail it with the package... I worry if I do it on line, it'll mess things up....

also, do we both have to file the AR-11? me as the ben and him as the pet?

Thanks

the ar-11 is not just for pending cases

you need to click on this option... "No, this change of address is not for a US Citizen"

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa.Prompt.Citizen

the petitioner needs to file the I-865 form. that one can only be mailed in...

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.