11 posts in this topic

Hi all,

It's been an age since I last posted on here - finally got round to getting my stuff together for the ROC (I could have filed it anytime from June 25th...but took me a while to get things together).

I'm planning on sending in the following "Evidence" as proof of a bona fide relationship:

- Copies of Bank Statements for our Joint Wells Fargo Checking Account 09/08-Present

- Copies of Bank Statements for our Joint Wells Fargo Savings Account 09/08-Present

- Copies of Bank Statements for our Joint 1st Bank Checking Account 09/07-Present

- Copy of our Health Insurance Policy showing joint coverage

- Copy of a Joint Buyer’s Order/Invoice for a vehicle we jointly purchased in 09/08

- 15 Photos of us looking happy and loving together from our marriage onwards.

- Copy of my Permanent Resident Card.

Hopefully that'll be enough! I'm planning to get it all sent off on Monday...should I enclose large documents like the bank statements in separate labelled folders, or should they be just "loose" in the packet I send? Also, with the photos, they're going to be printed out in color, and I was going to put a title under each e.g. "December 2008 in Denver Colorado"

Just having a few last minute worries and thought I'd pop on here for some friendly advice :thumbs:

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Married to my USC Spouse in the UK 08/17/2006

Entered the US with my CR1 on 09/25/2007

Mailed I-751 application on 07/14/2009 to CSC

I-751 package arrived at CSC on 07/16/2009

Check cashed on 07/20/2009

NOA1 Dated 07/16/2009

Biometrics Appointment 08/21/2009

Touched 08/24/2009

APPROVED 09/14/2009

Card Production Ordered 09/22/2009

Card arrived in the mail 09/28/2009

US Citizen as of 10/20/2010!

*IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN WORKING IN SECURITY/LAW ENFORCEMENT/MILITARY IN THE USA, FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME FOR INFO*

That list seems a little short. Have a browse through the guide here again and see what other documents from that list you can include. The main thing that pops to mind for me is mortgage or lease agreement.

SA4userbar.jpg

Tax transcripts showing joint filing for the last few years?

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Thanks for the replies folks!

Just got off the phone from my account - will be getting copies of our Joint Tax Returns for 2007 and 2008 by Monday! Those show our names, address, and the fact we filed jointly.

Also have got copy of front and back of GC to send in...so should be sorted now. Unfort there's no lease/mortgage because the house is owned by my in-laws and we rent for free from them so to speak - hopefully everything else should be enough!

NOA1 Dated 07/16/2009

Touched 08/24/2009

APPROVED 09/14/2009

*IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN WORKING IN SECURITY/LAW ENFORCEMENT/MILITARY IN THE USA, FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME FOR INFO*

Still do some searches around VJ to see what others sent it. You'll find it beneficial.

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Hi all!

Took a hunt around...haven't been able to find much else with both our names and permanent address on...but I am including the following as well now:

- Copy of our respective Driver's Licence's which show our names and same address on them

- Copy of my DD-214 (Discharge from Military Service - I enlisted in the US Coast Guard last year, but unfort got medically discharged 4 weeks into Boot Camp), which shows my name and address, then her name and same address as "nearest living relative"

I'm going to work on getting a few more things ready, unfort they will take a while to get copies of, so I'll send off my application with all the above info, then get the following ready in the meantime if they send an RFE:

- Copy of my life insurance showing her as primary beneficiary

- Copies of two store credit cards (for Sony and Best Buy), which were joint cards, but they only sent bills with one person's name on it.

Hopefully all of the above will be enough...kind of at a loss beyond that!

NOA1 Dated 07/16/2009

Touched 08/24/2009

APPROVED 09/14/2009

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

We lived with my parents for over a year as well - so what I did to prove that we lived together during that time was I had my dad do an affidavit and had him state that we lived in his house and what dates we lived there.

September 12th, 2006 - Sent in I29F to California Service Center

September 23rd, 2006 - NOA1 Received

December 6th, 2006 - NOA2 Online - APPROVED

January 31st @ 7:30 AM - Interview APPROVED

June 7th, 2007 - Sent in AOS, EAD, and AP Applications

June 15th, 2007 - NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP

July 14th, 2007 - Biometrics Apointment

August 17th, 2007 - EAD and AP APPROVED

September 18th, 2007 @ 9:03AM - AOS Interview APPROVED

July 29th, 2009 - Sent in I-751 -Lifting of Conditions

July 31st, 2009 NOA

August 29, 2009 @ 12:00P - Biometrics Appointment

Trying to think what else you might be able to send... have the two of you flown anywhere together in the last couple of years? I included printouts of our Delta itineraries for the trip we took back to the UK in May. The trip hadn't actually happened yet at the time I mailed the packet, but I had the e-tickets showing we were booked on the flight together.

Even if you can find pieces of mail lying around addressed to each of you separately, that would still help to show you share a residence. If you don't have utility bills, anything you can find would still help. Junk mail, even!

Oh - do you have any Christmas/anniversary/whatever cards addressed to the two of you (preferably with envelopes!) that you could send copies of? Not sure how much use those really are, but I included some anyway.

I know you've already put in a copy of your health insurance policy, but do you have anything else relating to it that you could send? It may be overkill, but I sent copies of our cards (with both names), and wished I could have included a receipt that came in the mail a few days after I sent the packet, addressed to my husband but showing details of the copay etc for a recent doctor's appointment I'd had.

Do you have car insurance? I don't even drive but am on my husband's car insurance policy (not at his request, even - Allstate seem to have added me on there when we got our homeowner's insurance through them, which is fine by me - it gave me one more document to send in the I-751 packet! :) )

Trying to think of what other "less obvious" (maybe) stuff we sent... I included copies of cellphone bills - even though the bills are in only one name, they do show that it's a family plan with both our lines on the same bill. I dug out copies of our gym membership forms - they're carbon copies that you can barely read, but there's one form filled out by my husband and one by me, both signed and dated on the same day and both including the same payment info. I even included the contracts we signed when we adopted our cats from a shelter. I basically rummaged through every drawer and box and messy heap of paperwork I could find and pulled out anything that might be remotely helpful. I pity the poor USCIS adjudicator that has to dig through the mountain of docs that I sent, neatly-labelled and ACCO-fastenered though they were! :)

I know you're ready to send the packet, but maybe do one more hunt around the place for other things you can send... you might be surprised what you turn up! Good luck! :)

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.