absolutnina

AOS, VSP, SS and Alien number!

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Sweden
Timeline

First and foremost, thanks everyone who answered my previous message!!! You were of big help!

Now, I got married with my husband last weekend, and now I have a bunch of questions regarding all the forms:

1-485

They are asking me for my SS and Alien number. I have a old SS and Alien number from my OPT that I got from my F-1 Visa. I know my alien number has expired, but what about my SS number, does that ever expire???? What answer should I put for SS and Alien number?

I-131

When they are asking about how many trips I am intending to use this document should I check One trip or More than one trip? I mean, I do not know now how many trips I will go on. Also, how long is this Advance Parole for? Do I have to use this till I get my Green Card? And how soon will I get my Green Card?

I-765

Again, here they are asking about my SS and Alien number but here they are asking (ever used) so it is more straight forward, however when asking about the result - Granted or Denied (attach all documentation) What are they asking for? Can I just take a copy of my Employment Authorization Card or what else do they need?

G-325A

Here they are asking about my residence for the last 5 years. My question is: I have lived here since 2004, due to collage, however I have been a residence of Sweden all these years (of course) should I still write all the addresses that I have lived on here in the US? Also, regarding the employment question, of course at this, since I am in the US I am unemployed, should I write that or will that look suspicious? I mean, I left the US in Dec 2008 due to my F-1 visa expired and it was not like I got a full time job in Sweden, only freelance job at a Advertising Company,due to recession, and then in April I went back on the Visa waiver program, since i had been away from my boyfriend so long and no job came along so I decided to go back here and then we decided to get married! Maybe, this sounds confusing, but what should I answer on that question? Should I write freelance or unemployed? On our weeding license i wrote unemployed.

I-130

I now read here that people were sending in a lot of extra documentations??? I didn't know we had to do that?

What kind of documentations/proof do we have to send in?

Lastly, since I entered the US legally on the VWP, USCIS and every lawyer I have spoken to are telling me the same, that it is without any problems for me to get married on the VWP and to send in the application after my visa expires which is tomorrow!!!! Anyways, I am still worried, cause from tomorrow I will be here on a "out of status" status!!! My question is since they will ask me if i intended to get married WHAT proof from Sweden should I start collecting? Again, I have been here since 2004, and I do not have any assets like house, apt, car, or even a job back home in Sweden. I can ask the company I was working as a freelance for a few weeks before coming here to write me a letter, and I have my bank account there, my proof of ticket back to Sweden (which is tomorrow, but I will not be using). What should I do? Is that going to be enough?

Thanks so much in advance!

Nina

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
1-485

They are asking me for my SS and Alien number. I have a old SS and Alien number from my OPT that I got from my F-1 Visa. I know my alien number has expired, but what about my SS number, does that ever expire???? What answer should I put for SS and Alien number?

You can use that same alien number and social security number.

I-131

When they are asking about how many trips I am intending to use this document should I check One trip or More than one trip?

doesn't really matter. You can check either. We checked one and we have used it twice....

I mean, I do not know now how many trips I will go on. Also, how long is this Advance Parole for?

One year....read the guides.

Do I have to use this till I get my Green Card? And how soon will I get my Green Card?

If you want to leave the country prior to getting your greencard, yes, you need to use your AP to enter the country. How soon? You can do a search of different timelines and you will see there are all types of statistics; there is not really a specific, right answer for this one; again, read the guides, the different posts, and look at the timelines that are similar to yours; and if you still want more, then look for people from your country and look at their timelines to get an idea of how soon you might get your green card; however, every case is unique.

I-765

Again, here they are asking about my SS and Alien number but here they are asking (ever used) so it is more straight forward, however when asking about the result - Granted or Denied (attach all documentation) What are they asking for? Can I just take a copy of my Employment Authorization Card or what else do they need?

not sure about this...

G-325A

Here they are asking about my residence for the last 5 years. My question is: I have lived here since 2004, due to collage, however I have been a residence of Sweden all these years (of course) should I still write all the addresses that I have lived on here in the US?

Yes, write those addresses, specially if they are from the usa, as they can look that up in their databases.

Also, regarding the employment question, of course at this, since I am in the US I am unemployed, should I write that or will that look suspicious? I mean, I left the US in Dec 2008 due to my F-1 visa expired and it was not like I got a full time job in Sweden, only freelance job at a Advertising Company,due to recession, and then in April I went back on the Visa waiver program, since i had been away from my boyfriend so long and no job came along so I decided to go back here and then we decided to get married! Maybe, this sounds confusing, but what should I answer on that question? Should I write freelance or unemployed? On our weeding license i wrote unemployed.

UNEMPLOYED is enough.

I-130

I now read here that people were sending in a lot of extra documentations??? I didn't know we had to do that?

What kind of documentations/proof do we have to send in?

We only answered the questions on the form....

Lastly, since I entered the US legally on the VWP, USCIS and every lawyer I have spoken to are telling me the same, that it is without any problems for me to get married on the VWP and to send in the application after my visa expires which is tomorrow!!!! Anyways, I am still worried, cause from tomorrow I will be here on a "out of status" status!!! My question is since they will ask me if i intended to get married WHAT proof from Sweden should I start collecting? Again, I have been here since 2004, and I do not have any assets like house, apt, car, or even a job back home in Sweden. I can ask the company I was working as a freelance for a few weeks before coming here to write me a letter, and I have my bank account there, my proof of ticket back to Sweden (which is tomorrow, but I will not be using). What should I do? Is that going to be enough?

no clue about this one.....maybe you should have written that one question in a single post. :unsure:

Thanks so much in advance!

Nina

[/color]

AOS

2009-01-12===> Sent AOS packet via UPS
2009-01-13===> AOS packet received
2009-01-28===> NOA's received in the mail
2009-02-01===> Biometric appt received in the mail
2009-02-06===> Completed biometric appt thru walk-in
2009-02-06===> Applied for expedited AP thru the phone
2009-02-14===> Received AP in the mail
2009-02-11===> Case transferred to CSC
2009-02-23===> EAD received
2009-05-02===> Green card received in the mail, no interview done.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.