GenghizKhan

Green Card Not Received !

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Guys

My case was approved back on February 24th.My card never arrived in the mail. Online status never showed "Cad Production ordered. Or Card mailed". It still says:

"Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On February 24, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this CRI89

PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED. Please follow

any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call

customer service."

When I called them two weeks ago, they looked into the issue and I got a letter telling me that they mailed it on Feb 24th and since i did not get it and post office did not return it back to them it got lost. So they have asked me to file a I-90 form.

Problem is there is some $370 fees for that. Why would they ask me to pay this fees when it was lost in the mail?.

Does anyone have this problem?. I do not want to pay this amount for their mistake or post office's mistake. I think they never sent me the card since online never got it updated. Now they are just telling some story expecting to take more $ from me.

When I got a temporary stamp on my passport a few months ago, the guy at the local office never told me that It was mailed and did not ask why I did not get it.

How do I solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

-GenghizKhan

Step #1: I-130

July 12/05: I-130 sent by USPS Certified Mail to

July 29/05: Check Cashed by NSC

Aug 01/05: NOA1 Recvd

Step #2: I-129F

Aug 02/05: Sent I-129F Pkg. sent by USPS Certified Mail to Chicago

Dec XX/05: Check cashed

Step #3: I-485 (AOS to PR)

Apr 02/06: Recvd. by MSC

Jul 24/06: Notice Date

Apr 19/06: Finger Printing/Bio done

Oct 9/06: Interview Over - Case Complete - FBI Check pending

Jan xx/07: Infopass Appt - To check Status - Still waiting for FBI.

I've been in your situation before, I got approved on Oct. 08, 2008 and they started to sent it on Oct. 14, 2008 to the other state where we've never been in our whole life. I never stopped calling 1-800-xxx-xxxx but they can't helped, everytime that I call them I gave them my address and they repeated it to me and they always promised me that they will send it to the right address that I gave. But still they continue sending it to the wrong states for seven times. I google the address of the post office which is close to the states where they sent the greencard and I called the postman and I confirmed from him that he saw that mail and since there were no order where he will turn over it, he returned it to the the post office and he promised me that the next time he will encounter it he will send it to me. But still I make another moved I wrote to the local office where I got approved and we also filed I-90 My authorized card was never received , means you dont have to pay the amount $370 because it wasn't your fault but they wrote me back that they can't process my request because I have to pay that amount. I never replied, I just waited again for another week and finally on Feb. 23, 2009 I received my greencard.

Edited by sweetdreams

Timeline

Hi Sweetdreams

Thanks for your reply.

I am glad that you were sort out the issue.

In my case I think they never sent it since I did not move anywhere and all other mails get delivered fine.Also I did not get the Card Production Ordered emails or Welcome to America letter. I have scheduled an appointment with the local office this Friday to ask them about my case. Seems like they should be able to help me.But i am not going to pay for their problems.

If the local won't reply me properly maybe thats what I will do too. Just file I-90b and ask them to send it. It almost seems like they deliberately send it by cheap mail so that they can get more money. When they collect so much fees for every single thing they should at least have the brain and decency to send it safely by certified email. Shows you how much they really care.

I will report back here after my Friday appointment.

Thanks again.

I've been in your situation before, I got approved on Oct. 08, 2008 and they started to sent it on Oct. 14, 2008 to the other state where we've never been in our whole life. I never stopped calling 1-800-xxx-xxxx but they can't helped, everytime that I call them I gave them my address and they repeated it to me and they always promised me that they will send it to the right address that I gave. But still they continue sending it to the wrong states for seven times. I google the address of the post office which is close to the states where they sent the greencard and I called the postman and I confirmed from him that he saw that mail and since there were no order where he will turn over it, he returned it to the the post office and he promised me that the next time he will encounter it he will send it to me. But still I make another moved I wrote to the local office where I got approved and we also filed I-90 My authorized card was never received , means you dont have to pay the amount $370 because it wasn't your fault but they wrote me back that they can't process my request because I have to pay that amount. I never replied, I just waited again for another week and finally on Feb. 23, 2009 I received my greencard.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hi Sweetdreams

Thanks for your reply.

In my case I think they never sent it since I did not move anywhere and all other mails get delivered fine.Also I did not get the Card Production Ordered emails or Welcome to America letter. I have scheduled an appointment with the local office this Friday to ask them about my case. Seems like they should be able to help me.But i am not going to pay for their problems.

If the local won't reply me properly maybe thats what I will do too. Just file I-90b and ask them to send it. It almost seems like they deliberately send it by cheap mail so that they can get more money. When they collect so much fees for every single thing they should at least have the brain and decency to send it safely by certified email. Shows you how much they really care.

Thanks again.

I had the same issued back in 2005, my Greencard never arrived. I had not moved so there was no confusion about addresses, I made an infopass appointment and was told the card had been issued and it had not been returned by the post office, so the only option for me was to file the I-90 form and get an new card made.

I sent the I-90 with no payment as I had never received the original one and 3 weeks later I get the I-90 returned saying I needed to include the Fee..

I contacted my congressman for assistance as I felt it was not my fault that the card was lost in the mail. Saddly after 2 months of trying to not having to pay the fee I ended up re-sending the I-90 with the fee because my congressman told me that the only option was for me to take the postoffice to the small claims court and the chances of getting any mony out of them was nil.

If your card has been issued and you have not recieved it then you should make an infopass appointment at your local office and get the date from them as to when it was mailed. They can also tell you if it has been returned to USCIS by the post office. If it has not been returned then sadly you will need to file the I-90 (e-file get it there quickly) and pay the fee.

I had the same problem with my first green card. Never showed up so after over 6 months of waiting contacted congressman and a senator. Senator said tough luck you have to pay up, congressman inquired and told me to send I-90 with the never received GC. The first time I sent it it was returned back and they asked for the fee. Back to the senator again and afterwards got an email with instructions who to send to and to mark the envelope DO NOT OPEN IN THE MAIL ROOM.

After that got the GC 11 months after activating CR-1.

This all after I had my husband write a letter with a series of questions on why are so important documents (GC) sent in unregistered mail, no proof from their side on card being sent, we never changed address, post office never received mail back.

I can email you the letter we sent (never got the answers) but we did in the end get the GC.

DOn't see a reason to pay another $380 when you already paid $545 so I'd play the card of services never received while payment taken as well.

Good luck!

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

First of all, sorry that you're experiencing this difficult situation. Second, I agree with milimelo on two points (#1) you've already paid once and never received what you paid for, why do you have to pay again? (#2) GC is a very important document and there were mysterious disappearance before, why can't USCIS switch to a trackable mail? Also if USCIS has no evidence to support their claim of the GC ever been sent out except that's what "they say", you can say "I say that I never received it" as well, what kind of law governs the benefit of doubt has to be on the USCIS's side? Third, I would suggest you to contact senator office right away and definitely fight for not paying again. Good Luck! Please feel free to come back here if you have any more questions and also let us know your most recent update because your experience and posting might help others who may be having the same situation.

Edited by jasminelily

N-400

5/29/2010 - USPS Express Mail Out N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/11/2010 - NOA in my mail box

6/17/2010 - Able to see case status "Initial Review"

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/12/2010 - Received FP notice in mail, scheduled for 8/2/2010

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

7/27/2010 - Received interview letter for 8/23/2010

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

9/3/2010 - Received oath letter in the mail for 9/22/2010

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

Timeline

Thanks TayRivers ,milimelo and jasminelily for your detailed replies.

milimelo

I think I may have to do the same ting you did.Can you please email me that letter? My email:

hunkar@topforeignstocks.com

I agree that we shouldn't have to pay again.Amazing how they sent me that letter asking to I-90 but never mention anything about having to pay fees. Also I used to a permanent resident in Canada. There they asked me to attach a prepaid certified express envelope with the application and I received my card without any problems.

jasminelily

Yes.Its like a credit card. They can produce it cheaply.They are simply trying to grab as much as they can.Pathetic indeed. What a way to treat a foreigner as they try to settle down here!. Like I pointed above the guys at the agency are not educated enough to see how to improve the system like comparing to countries or asking for feedback from us.All the guys is sit all day long and issue all kinds of memos changing this and that. Typical paper-pushers.

You make a good point.They have the gall to simply type a letter telling that mailed it without providing any proof. You would think that they could beg with the USPS and get a cheap deal to send it certified and that way they can provide us proof that they mailed it. Instead they think we are fools. I see absolutely no difference between the crooks on Wall St and these guys. It is almost like they are God and everyone including the courts and us have to believe whatever they say.

I have a meeting at the local office this Friday. I am gonna ask them what should I do.File without paying fees or contact the congress man and senator.

I will report back here on Friday evening.

Thanks again to all.

-GenghizKhan

Goodluck Genghizkhan! I'm praying that you will receive your greencard very soon. :innocent:

Hi Sweetdreams

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks again.

Thanks TayRivers ,milimelo and jasminelily for your detailed replies.

milimelo

I think I may have to do the same ting you did.Can you please email me that letter? My email:

hunkar@topforeignstocks.com

I agree that we shouldn't have to pay again.Amazing how they sent me that letter asking to I-90 but never mention anything about having to pay fees. Also I used to a permanent resident in Canada. There they asked me to attach a prepaid certified express envelope with the application and I received my card without any problems.

jasminelily

Yes.Its like a credit card. They can produce it cheaply.They are simply trying to grab as much as they can.Pathetic indeed. What a way to treat a foreigner as they try to settle down here!. Like I pointed above the guys at the agency are not educated enough to see how to improve the system like comparing to countries or asking for feedback from us.All the guys is sit all day long and issue all kinds of memos changing this and that. Typical paper-pushers.

You make a good point.They have the gall to simply type a letter telling that mailed it without providing any proof. You would think that they could beg with the USPS and get a cheap deal to send it certified and that way they can provide us proof that they mailed it. Instead they think we are fools. I see absolutely no difference between the crooks on Wall St and these guys. It is almost like they are God and everyone including the courts and us have to believe whatever they say.

I have a meeting at the local office this Friday. I am gonna ask them what should I do.File without paying fees or contact the congress man and senator.

I will report back here on Friday evening.

Thanks again to all.

-GenghizKhan

GenghizKhan,

I just sent you an email. You are right about USPS - they could do a deal with them. They could even do a special where they pay less as they have such volume of letters being sent everyday. The firm I work at has a negotiated rate with UPS -- instead of for example 10 bucks it costs to send 2nd day air - we pay only 4.99. I am sure the Gvt could get the similar deal with USPS or any other carrier.

Do you have an Infopass or a meeting with the congressman's people? I'd want to have everyone working on this so whoever produces results I'm happy with it. For me, the senator really was useless while the congressman came through with results. Granted, I did have to re-send the I-90 as the first time they sent it back (inspite of enclosing the correspondence between congressman and the TSC office) but the second time worked.

I hope you get your GC soon! Definitely persist and let us know what is happening. If more people push back maybe they will become more accountable and actually start sending GC in certified mail.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline

milimelo

Thanks a lot for forwarding me that letter.I received it today.

Yes tomorrow I am going for my Infopass appt. I will post an update here tomorrow evening.Let me see what they say at the local office. Weird thing is I never received Welcome America letter or Card Production email.Online status still

says approval letter sent. So something is wrong here.

If they can't help me then I will contact the Congressman and senator. For a moment I thought maybe I can file for citizenship directly next March since I have my temp stamp on my passport till that time.Problem is for that N-400 form they need a valid GC copy. So not sure if I can use a copy of my expired GC and then use that temp stamp to mail citizenship application.

Let me post here tomorrow.Thanks again.

Timeline

milimelo and others

The local office was not of any help on Friday. In fact the guy at counter was rude. He showed a printout from computer saying that the card was mailed. Thats it. He said that I may have received it and lost it. Now I am asking for another card. What a moron. Typical half-educated illiterate idiot working in the government.

When I told that why I would I ask for a new card when I did not receive it and I still have my old card, he could not answer anything. basically he said I have no option but to file for an I-90. Said I can send it with no fees and see if they process. When I questioned why would they said an important card like this by regular mail and not by certified mail - he said that will cost the government more money and already we are in deep debt. What a pathetic loser. After saying this BS he walked away.

So now I am gonna contact my local congress man and senator tomorrow and ask for their help. It is almost like the guys we have to trust the government as if they are God but they won't trust us. Why would any new immigrant to this country be treated like a criminal?. As if someone would get the card and give it to someone else and ask for another one.

Anyway thanks for your feedback on my issue. Let me post an update after contacting the congressman.

Cheers !

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Do you have the printouts from when you changed your address online? I changed my address online in December 2008. They approved my 10 GC in April but sent it to the wrong address becasue they didnt change it in their system.#######. I had saved the print outs from when I changed it online and the letter USCIS sent stating they received the new address.

I had to file the I-90 as well. I sent all the paper work into them and they sent me a letter stating that I owed no money to get a new card as it was their fault it went to the old address. Then when I went online it is saying that I owe for fingerprints and that my card is on hold till I send this money. So I have a Info Pass appointment on Thrusday to get this ####### straightened out. I aint paying for nothing. I have all the papers that they made the mistake. My son's card is being held also and neither of us has been able to renew our driver's lisense because of this #######.

I am going to get them to stamp our passports so that we can travel and get our lisense renewed.

I really cant wait till this ####### is done with. Almost three months since it was approved and still no GC because of their stupidity.

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Do you have the printouts from when you changed your address online? I changed my address online in December 2008. They approved my 10 GC in April but sent it to the wrong address becasue they didnt change it in their system.#######. I had saved the print outs from when I changed it online and the letter USCIS sent stating they received the new address.

I had to file the I-90 as well. I sent all the paper work into them and they sent me a letter stating that I owed no money to get a new card as it was their fault it went to the old address. Then when I went online it is saying that I owe for fingerprints and that my card is on hold till I send this money. So I have a Info Pass appointment on Thrusday to get this ####### straightened out. I aint paying for nothing. I have all the papers that they made the mistake. My son's card is being held also and neither of us has been able to renew our driver's lisense because of this #######.

I am going to get them to stamp our passports so that we can travel and get our lisense renewed.

I really cant wait till this ####### is done with. Almost three months since it was approved and still no GC because of their stupidity.

Totally understand your frustration with government's "efficiency"!!

N-400

5/29/2010 - USPS Express Mail Out N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/11/2010 - NOA in my mail box

6/17/2010 - Able to see case status "Initial Review"

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/12/2010 - Received FP notice in mail, scheduled for 8/2/2010

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

7/27/2010 - Received interview letter for 8/23/2010

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

9/3/2010 - Received oath letter in the mail for 9/22/2010

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

Timeline

Forever In Love

I did not change my address online anytime. I am still at the same address here and never moved.

Sorry to hear that you are having the same problems with these idiots. It is amazing how they have no clue how to fix anything. It seems that one way or another they want to get more money form us. Like you say below I am not going to pay anything for their fault.

I am contacting the congressman and ask for their help in sorting out this mess. Sometimes I wonder why I have to go thru all this non-sense when all illegals don't have to file any forms or pay for anything.

In your case you have strong proof that it was their mistake. In my case they never sent 3 letters and the card.Highly unlikely all 3 would have got lost in the mail.Clearly they are lieing and I have to fight it.So much of my time is gettign wasted because of these brainless morons feeding of taxpayers money.

Let me know how your appointment goes.

GenghizKhan,

I suspected as much. They'll never own up to their mess. Definitely go to the congressman or senator's office and have them work on this. Let me try to find the email I got from my congressman's aide on who to send the I-90 (no fee) and I'll PM it to you.

Milimelo

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.