Dhel

Spouse immigrant is Awol from PNP, will he be denied IR-1 Visa???

20 posts in this topic

My husband has been AWOL from PNP (Philippine National Police) for 4 years.. will this be grounds for denial for his petition??

Probably not if he did not commit any crime while AWOL.

Section 42 of Republic Act (RA) No. 6975, as amended by Section 53 of RA 8551, provides the following:

"SEC. 42. Summary Dismissal Powers of the National Police Commission, PNP Chief, and the PNP Regional Directors. — The National Police Commission, the Chief of the PNP and the Chief of the PNP regional directors, after due notice and summary hearings, may immediately remove or dismiss any respondent PNP member in any of the following case.

x x x

Any member or officer of the PNP who shall go on absence without Official leave (AWOL) for a continuous period of thirty (30) days or more shall be dismissed immediately from the service. His activities and whereabouts during the period shall be investigated and if found to have committed a crime, he shall be prosecuted accordingly."

I don't think it will be areason for him to be denied, it's just like you've been AWOL from a different job. But i think it will be better if he will get a clearance from PNP just to make sure that everything is clear with him and PNP (wherever he was assisgned). I am the wife from the Philippines (FYI).

thank u for the replies. well try to get his case settled with PNP so by the time his police record will be questioned by NVC or at the Embassy, everything will be clear.

Please keep in mind you will need the NBI Cert. not a police record, and this can take 5 to 10 days. Good Luck!

I got mine in 1/2 a day... it depends if the person has same name with someone with criminal record or the person has a criminal record.

I don't think it will be areason for him to be denied, it's just like you've been AWOL from a different job. But i think it will be better if he will get a clearance from PNP just to make sure that everything is clear with him and PNP (wherever he was assisgned). I am the wife from the Philippines (FYI).

thank u for the replies. well try to get his case settled with PNP so by the time his police record will be questioned by NVC or at the Embassy, everything will be clear.

it would be best to do this... if you can ask for an "honorable dismissal" if there is such a thing. I don't know. Or a clearance form... something that says he didn't commit any crime or there was no administrative case filed against him when he went AWOL.

My husband has been AWOL from PNP (Philippine National Police) for 4 years.. will this be grounds for denial for his petition??

Probably not if he did not commit any crime while AWOL.

Section 42 of Republic Act (RA) No. 6975, as amended by Section 53 of RA 8551, provides the following:

"SEC. 42. Summary Dismissal Powers of the National Police Commission, PNP Chief, and the PNP Regional Directors. — The National Police Commission, the Chief of the PNP and the Chief of the PNP regional directors, after due notice and summary hearings, may immediately remove or dismiss any respondent PNP member in any of the following case.

x x x

Any member or officer of the PNP who shall go on absence without Official leave (AWOL) for a continuous period of thirty (30) days or more shall be dismissed immediately from the service. His activities and whereabouts during the period shall be investigated and if found to have committed a crime, he shall be prosecuted accordingly."

thank you for the reply pinay wife.. i also researched that on the guidelines of AWOL cases last night.

USCIS Stage

August 19, 2009: Mailed I-130 to Chicago lockbox priority mail

August 23, 2009: Package received in Chicago

August 27, 2009: NOA1

August 31, 2009: Touched!

September 21, 2009: Touched

September 25, 2009: Touched

September 28, 2009: NOA2 hard copy received (approved 9/23)

NVC Stage

October 6, 2009: Case received

October 7, 2009: Case # assigned

October 8, 2009: Updated email addresses.

October 9, 2009: AOS fee Bill generated

DS3032 email received

October 10, 2009: AOS fee bill paid

DS3032 send (email)

October 13, 2009 DS3032 sent thru snail mail

October 15, 2009 AOS bill PAID. printed cover sheet

October 22, 2009: AOS Sent

October 26, 2009: Ds-3032 received by NVC

October 28, 2009: Paid IV Bill

October 29, 2009: Received IV fee bill email

November 2, 2009: DS-230 Sent

November 6, 2009: Check list received by NVC

November 17, 2009: Sign in failed

November 28, 2009: Appointment letter received (interview date: january 5, 2009)

December 21, 2009: 1st day of Medical at St. Luke's

December 28, 2009: 2nd day of Medical at St. Luke's PASSED... (why its not a consecutive day medical? i don't know, he wasn't the only one who was told to come back a week after)

January 5, 2009: PASSED interview! (THANK YOU LORD...)

January 7, 2009: Received Visa....

Please keep in mind you will need the NBI Cert. not a police record, and this can take 5 to 10 days. Good Luck!

yes, were well aware of the processing procedures and time of obtaining an NBI clearance, hes never had a problem obtaining one. thank u

USCIS Stage

August 19, 2009: Mailed I-130 to Chicago lockbox priority mail

August 23, 2009: Package received in Chicago

August 27, 2009: NOA1

August 31, 2009: Touched!

September 21, 2009: Touched

September 25, 2009: Touched

September 28, 2009: NOA2 hard copy received (approved 9/23)

NVC Stage

October 6, 2009: Case received

October 7, 2009: Case # assigned

October 8, 2009: Updated email addresses.

October 9, 2009: AOS fee Bill generated

DS3032 email received

October 10, 2009: AOS fee bill paid

DS3032 send (email)

October 13, 2009 DS3032 sent thru snail mail

October 15, 2009 AOS bill PAID. printed cover sheet

October 22, 2009: AOS Sent

October 26, 2009: Ds-3032 received by NVC

October 28, 2009: Paid IV Bill

October 29, 2009: Received IV fee bill email

November 2, 2009: DS-230 Sent

November 6, 2009: Check list received by NVC

November 17, 2009: Sign in failed

November 28, 2009: Appointment letter received (interview date: january 5, 2009)

December 21, 2009: 1st day of Medical at St. Luke's

December 28, 2009: 2nd day of Medical at St. Luke's PASSED... (why its not a consecutive day medical? i don't know, he wasn't the only one who was told to come back a week after)

January 5, 2009: PASSED interview! (THANK YOU LORD...)

January 7, 2009: Received Visa....

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.