6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am totaly confused about everything. I called DOS today and they said that my case is still under AP. I also decided to call USEM in Manila to see if i could get any information from them. The lady I talked to at the Embassy told me that my case is no longer in review and that it has been sent to another department for the issuance of the VISA. The part I do not understand is, I asked if she could tell me the last time the case was updated. She kindly told me that the last update was on June 17th. June 17th is the date that my fiancee handed in her additional documents. If they are done reviewing it shouldnt the last update be sometime after we handed the additional documents? It makes me wonder what really is going on. Its just so aggraviting to not know what exactly is going on.

I am totaly confused about everything. I called DOS today and they said that my case is still under AP. I also decided to call USEM in Manila to see if i could get any information from them. The lady I talked to at the Embassy told me that my case is no longer in review and that it has been sent to another department for the issuance of the VISA. The part I do not understand is, I asked if she could tell me the last time the case was updated. She kindly told me that the last update was on June 17th. June 17th is the date that my fiancee handed in her additional documents. If they are done reviewing it shouldnt the last update be sometime after we handed the additional documents? It makes me wonder what really is going on. Its just so aggraviting to not know what exactly is going on.

Your timeline showed you already had your interview. If you did,did they not give you a pink slip after the interview? If you submitted the additional requirements they asked from you then you should wait a lil more time..might be your visa is on the way by now.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The consulate knows about each update faster than DOS. Hopefully the consulate is correct. You can continue to call DOS and if you haven't received your visa in the next two weeks (or been contacted for further information. . .) I would call the consulate again.

Do they already have your passport??

Timeline
The consulate knows about each update faster than DOS. Hopefully the consulate is correct. You can continue to call DOS and if you haven't received your visa in the next two weeks (or been contacted for further information. . .) I would call the consulate again.

Do they already have your passport??

Yes they already have the passport. They kept it after the interview. Hopefully its almost done!

Timeline

oh my, this is so frusterating. I called DOS to check for updates and they said none have been made. I told them that i called USEM and they told me that they are done processing and the case has been forwarded. The nice lady at DOS told me to call them again and tell them to make sure they update the system. So i called USEM and now they tell me that the case is still pending. It seems that i keep getting different responses everytime i call USEM. I would call USEM everyday but its just so damn expensive. well thats it thanks for listning to my rants.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
oh my, this is so frusterating. I called DOS to check for updates and they said none have been made. I told them that i called USEM and they told me that they are done processing and the case has been forwarded. The nice lady at DOS told me to call them again and tell them to make sure they update the system. So i called USEM and now they tell me that the case is still pending. It seems that i keep getting different responses everytime i call USEM. I would call USEM everyday but its just so damn expensive. well thats it thanks for listning to my rants.

yup.you will get different answers from them.i have been that road before.and we kept calling them every week.but after 5 weeks i finally received my visa.u will get yours earlier even im sure.so trust me..just relax

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.