sweet_wifey22

Things to bring to US

19 posts in this topic

ill just wear slippers since wearing rubber shoes is also hassle - for checkpoint! lol

What about polvoron and pastillas... since it has milk, is it ok still?

oo hassle nga ang rubber shoes (tennis shoes). yan yung suot ko nung dumating ako tas napagod lang ako kakatanggal at pagtali ng shoe lace ko while carrying my big purse at jacket. pero if you'll wear flip flops then bring socks na rin in case lamigin ka sa plane :)

pastillas and pulvoron are ok.

Rules on liquids for carry on. Must be 100ml or less containers. These containers must be able to fit in a one quart (.9 Liters?) clear plastic zip lock type bag. You are allowed to carry on one of these bags.

There is exceptions for baby formula and medications with prescription.

Looks to me that the most often discarded liquids at security check points are expensive

cometics, bottles of lotion, bottles of sunscreen and of course bottles of water and soft drinks.

As far as food,,, You may bring almost anything you want for consumption on the airplane. However, keep in mind that only processed food

will be allowed through the point of entry in to the USA. Nothing fresh and no seeds or plants. Even Dried Fis is ok.... Although,,, I think checked

luggage is better for that one.

Note: lotions, cosmetics, etc may be in checked luggage at any quantity as long as it is not flammable,,,

A few other exceptions apply but, this should cover the bulk of the flyers.

Regards,

Thank you Guys for the reply :thumbs:

<style>body{background-image:url(http://images67.imikimi.com/image/images2_full/19twj-101.gif);background-repeat:no-repeat;}</style>

I brought some hopia and macaroons from Goldi and put them in my check-in luggage. My metabolism is fast so I easily get hungry so I always need to be prepared :D If you are like me then you gotta have something to bring with you in your check-in luggage :D

If you have flown already and you had ear pain during the take off/landing then follow this tips to avoid happening it again. I took ibuprofen and it all went fine.

And most of all, don't forget to hand carry your brown/yellow envelope, visa and boarding pass tix.

Happy trip! :star:

oooppss! sorry, i forgot that you are pregnant. my ob/gyne don't recommend me taking ibuprofen. maybe you can use some of the other tips in that site aside from the ibuprofen. i brought ear plugs too which cost Php50 in Ace Hardware, i didn't use it though caz the ibuprofen worked on me :)

Oo pink hindi din nirecommend ni Doc and ibuprofen, ask nlng ako sa knya b4 our departure date.

Thank you pink :lol:

Hows your pregnancy?

Sa akin malikot na si baby..I am 5 month nah.Super excited na nga kami ni hubby.

Next week papa ultrasound ako...ill tell u the gender later :P

keep in touch.

<style>body{background-image:url(http://images67.imikimi.com/image/images2_full/19twj-101.gif);background-repeat:no-repeat;}</style>

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I brought some hopia and macaroons from Goldi and put them in my check-in luggage. My metabolism is fast so I easily get hungry so I always need to be prepared :D If you are like me then you gotta have something to bring with you in your check-in luggage :D

If you have flown already and you had ear pain during the take off/landing then follow this tips to avoid happening it again. I took ibuprofen and it all went fine.

And most of all, don't forget to hand carry your brown/yellow envelope, visa and boarding pass tix.

Happy trip! :star:

oooppss! sorry, i forgot that you are pregnant. my ob/gyne don't recommend me taking ibuprofen. maybe you can use some of the other tips in that site aside from the ibuprofen. i brought ear plugs too which cost Php50 in Ace Hardware, i didn't use it though caz the ibuprofen worked on me :)

Oo pink hindi din nirecommend ni Doc and ibuprofen, ask nlng ako sa knya b4 our departure date.

Thank you pink :lol:

Hows your pregnancy?

Sa akin malikot na si baby..I am 5 month nah.Super excited na nga kami ni hubby.

Next week papa ultrasound ako...ill tell u the gender later :P

keep in touch.

wow! 5 months ka na pala. ako 4 months pa lang pero next week din malalaman na gender. kainis nga tong asawa ko kasi nagbago isip! sabi nya ayaw na daw nya malaman gender pra surprise eh ako naman eh gusto ko malaman hmmp! sabi ko lumabas na lang cya ng room kapag ni-uultrasound ako lol! balitaan mo kami sa "all preggy moms thread" kung ano gender ha :D ingats :)

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.