Kevin-n-Merlaine

Gifts on first meeting

17 posts in this topic

Bring lots of chocolates for the children. Just buy the bite size packs.

Bring couple of small lotion bottles for friends of your fiance (ask your fiance how many to bring over for her close friends)

Bring vitamins for mom and dad, or shirt for dad, perfume for mom.

For brothers and sisters, depends on their age...if a bit younger chocolates will do. if they are teenagers, shirts or tiny bottles of perfume would be good too.

Ok, I think I can get all this figured out. Except for the chocolates. I'm sure some of you have taken them, so how did they hold up to that much traveling? Didn't they melt like crazy at some point along the journey? I'll have about 23 hours of flying time. Should I box them up with my other gifts and check them or carry on?

you can get them from US or you can buy them from the duty free store in the Philippines.

my brother brought some.. and they were still good when we got them.

oh!! watch like (AK) will do also for younger girls siblings. i believe you will find them on sale in some stores.

hummm... that's about it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I agree with this one! Its what I got and there was a sale the day I bought them... a 3 fer deal I think.... Another thing is to think about things that are not common there.... The vitamins is a good example...things you may take for granted... My fiance has a bad habit of eating out in restaurants that dont have the best hygene and ends up with food poisoning too often... Immodium isn't avaialbe in many places and is like a blessing when needed... not to take as a "gift" but a great idea to take depending on the area... Her dad and brother loved a bottle of high end whiskey I brought as well... ask her first on the booze...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.