833 posts in this topic

Good morning all!

Let's here some new NOA2's approved today! I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Thanks Kitty but nope, no approvals came our way today. Its the end of the week now so we're not feeling very happy. Maybe something is seriously wrong? Do you think we would get much help calling to see whats happening with our case? And/or is it still too early to contact Russ' congressman? We're feeling the desperation now... its not fair! :angry:

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi,

Things must get complicated.

I was this afternoon that one case sent to Amman, Jordan.

I called NVC and after talking to operator, she said that our case is sent to Baghdad, Iraq???? What the hell..

I told her but we requested Amman Jordan, why did it go to Iraq. She said because we did not have a way to contact him.

I said but he is military living on a base cannot go to Baghdad.

She said I can contact Amman jordan and see if they can take my case, and then they can contact Baghdad.

What can I do more than sending email.. why does this has to be complicated...

" She's my kind of rain"

Hi,

I called NVC and after talking to operator, she said that our case is sent to Baghdad, Iraq???? What the hell..

I told her but we requested Amman Jordan, why did it go to Iraq. She said because we did not have a way to contact him.

She said I can contact Amman jordan and see if they can take my case, and then they can contact Baghdad.

Oh Batta I feel your pain. Im so sorry. Contact Ammam Jordan and explain the situation. Im sure you will get it sorted.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Friday is not over yet! I got my email at 6:30pm eastern time!

Ok, it's wrong for me to say that, you need to live your life, and not just wait.

Rachel, I'm sorry but involving Russ congressman won't do anything before the 5 months processing time is over.

Don't feel desperate, remember when we first started the process we all estimated the wait to last 5 months or so.

It will happen! Soon! Not soon enough, but soon!

I'm checking many times per day if you guys finally got it! I'll feel so happy when all of us will be done with this stage.

Today my man called NVC and we got our case number, but it just got arrived so they just said some generic sentence that it was processing and we should expect 2 to 4 weeks delay.

Hopefully it won't last that long, Paris ambassy is very slow, and interviews are like 2 months after they left NVC. My interview is going to be right in the middle of the holidays season.

Anyway I am so not ready, when I look at my appartment and when I see all the work that must be done to empty it... I get desperate too. :)

Last significant immigration event:

ROC: Approved : 04/17/2013

USCIS works in mysterious ways...

Friday is not over yet! I got my email at 6:30pm eastern time!

Ok, it's wrong for me to say that, you need to live your life, and not just wait.

Rachel, I'm sorry but involving Russ congressman won't do anything before the 5 months processing time is over.

Don't feel desperate, remember when we first started the process we all estimated the wait to last 5 months or so.

It will happen! Soon! Not soon enough, but soon!

I'm checking many times per day if you guys finally got it! I'll feel so happy when all of us will be done with this stage.

Today my man called NVC and we got our case number, but it just got arrived so they just said some generic sentence that it was processing and we should expect 2 to 4 weeks delay.

Hopefully it won't last that long, Paris ambassy is very slow, and interviews are like 2 months after they left NVC. My interview is going to be right in the middle of the holidays season.

Anyway I am so not ready, when I look at my appartment and when I see all the work that must be done to empty it... I get desperate too. :)

Ahhh thanks EasternDE but at at least you have your NOA2. The long part of waiting is over for you too. I look on Igors list, the immigration timelines, the USCIS website and my emails several times a day. We both just keep saying, we dont deserve this. This is just so hard. Why do we have to be at the bottom of the pile??? A few July filers even have their interviews lined up already. Do you think its any use calling USCIS instead then? What if our file is lost?

Why is there a 2-4 week delay? Is that for it to arrive at your embassy? Dont worry, Im sure you'll be ok. At least you'll have a lovely christmas present. There is a small possibilty we could have the interview by christmas too. That would be wonderful! Dont worry about your apartment... that is a small task compared to this immigration mountain we have to climb first! :blush:

Timeline
Hi,

Something similar happened to someone here recently, and it got fixed in a few days only.

You know, I'm not sure we have chosen the easy and simple path anyway. :)

Something similar happened to someone here recently, and it got fixed in a few days only.

You know, I'm not sure we have chosen the easy and simple path anyway. :)

Thats right for sure! But when I think of my lovely husband-to-be, it is worth it a million times over :wub:

Can't wait til this is all settled though

Edited by RUSSandRACHEL

Timeline
Ahhh thanks EasternDE but at at least you have your NOA2.

Yes, I've got my NOA2, 4 days ago.

I truly understand how you feel. I was getting VERY cranky at the end.

About the 2 to 4 weeks, I'm pretty sure it's a generic sentence, they said they just received it.

Last year, at the same time, I was in the US, and we had a beautiful and warm autumn.

I think we went to Ocean City this week end... I didn't think I could dive in the water but it was actually very warm and I spent hours paddling.

*sigh*

Ahhh thanks EasternDE but at at least you have your NOA2.

Yes, I've got my NOA2, 4 days ago.

I truly understand how you feel. I was getting VERY cranky at the end.

About the 2 to 4 weeks, I'm pretty sure it's a generic sentence, they said they just received it.

Last year, at the same time, I was in the US, and we had a beautiful and warm autumn.

I think we went to Ocean City this week end... I didn't think I could dive in the water but it was actually very warm and I spent hours paddling.

*sigh*

Ocean City, Maryland? We were there this spring, the week we got engaged! Siiiiigh I miss the beach.

This time last year me and Russ were sorting out our halloween costumes for the parade in NYC. Was soooo much fun...

untitledj.jpg

untitled.jpg

Timeline

Thank you guys for your support...

I started crying and he called me after I texted him.

He told me not to worry since he will come see min in 5 days. He said just to email amman embassy and see what they can do.

Should I contact the wrong embassy as well... I was told only Amman can request package.. Baghdad will not send anything..

Now I have to wait till Sunday for their response.

" She's my kind of rain"

Hey Guys,

I got a question, I got an email from uscis, and I'm just curious what is the next step, cant wait to get the letter.

Thanks

and good luck to all of you

Post-Decision Activity

On October 22, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
Thanks Kitty but nope, no approvals came our way today. Its the end of the week now so we're not feeling very happy. Maybe something is seriously wrong? Do you think we would get much help calling to see whats happening with our case? And/or is it still too early to contact Russ' congressman? We're feeling the desperation now... its not fair! :angry:

It can't hurt to contact the congressman. I did read one that got involved before the 5 months, and they got their approval. Now they are approving mostly September filers. It's possible there is a box buried that needs to be found! Good Luck, you will get it soon!

07-17-2009 I-129F sent

07-22-2009 NOA1 date

07-24-2009 check cleared

07-30-2009 NOA1 received via snail mail

10-14-2009 NOA2 (we were around #187 on Igor's List)

12-30-2009 Interview in Madrid!

02-01-2010 Visa in Hand - finally!

03-08-2010 POE Orlando, FL

Timeline

Well, some of us just got approved a very few days ago, I'd wait at least the end of the month before requesting the congressman's help.

And yes, it was Ocean City Maryland. :)

On the other hand, I think Batta should involve hers. I'm afraid her case is quite complicated at this point and her petition needs some help, or at least someone who would keep an eye on it until it's back on track.

Batta, don't overworry before you get Jordan's ambassy reply. Unfortunatly, such a "bump in the road" could happen to any of us at any time. :(

It's the deal when you have to deal with government organizations...

Some time, in a few months, when Spring will come, this will be behind us, and we'll have forgotten this awfull waiting time.

And we'll go back to Ocean City agaiiiiiin !

Timeline
Well, some of us just got approved a very few days ago, I'd wait at least the end of the month before requesting the congressman's help.

And yes, it was Ocean City Maryland. :)

On the other hand, I think Batta should involve hers. I'm afraid her case is quite complicated at this point and her petition needs some help, or at least someone who would keep an eye on it until it's back on track.

Batta, don't overworry before you get Jordan's ambassy reply. Unfortunatly, such a "bump in the road" could happen to any of us at any time. :(

It's the deal when you have to deal with government organizations...

Some time, in a few months, when Spring will come, this will be behind us, and we'll have forgotten this awfull waiting time.

And we'll go back to Ocean City agaiiiiiin !

Thanks for your words.

It is been a rough night. I am waiting for the folks at both Baghdad and Amman embassy to come back from weekend holiday.

I sent both embassy emails explaining the issue. I will wait for their answer. I also got some number from a friend of family who was in Jordan helping his sister, an embassy agent helped them that time. I hope she still live there, I will try to contact her tomorrow to see if she could help.

If nothing can be done. I will ask to contact congressman and see what could be done.

I will keep you guys posted... I wish I was in Jordan when this happened I would have walked to embassy myself.

" She's my kind of rain"

Timeline

Update:

I guess I did not sleep at all waiting to call both embassies.

- Called Baghdad, I was told they are busy and to send an email asking to send package to Amman. ( I already done so). The lady said to send it for non-immigrant. The funny part, on their website it says if you can apply in baghdad once the petition approved, you need to apply for visa " Out side Iraq". Then why on earth it got sent to Iraq!!!

- Called Amman, the lady said to send email to responseAmman@state.gov

After hanging up I got this email:

"Dear,

Your or your husband physical presence in Jordan is required in order to request the file from Baghdad. Once either you or him enters Jordan, please email us and we will schedule you for an appointment to come to the embassy and sign the request form. "

First of all he is not my Husband. There is no where on any form it says either one of us will have to sign a request form. Luckly my finace in Jordan, if he was not there, then I will have to pay 1200 dollars just to go sign a paper! I already spend 3000K on a trip to Jordan, cannot do another one in less than 30 days.

Please keep me in your prayer.. as this is getting complicated

Batta

" She's my kind of rain"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.