foreigner

so frustated

7 posts in this topic

Hi friends.

Im getting so frustated in this waiting and more with all the problems me and my husband are having..

Im from Bolivia living in Mexico for 8 years now. I have a son from a previous marriage thas lives in mexico with me. Im already a mexican citizen since 2007. I met my us husband on 2005 and married him in mexico in 2007( right after i got my mexican citizenship). We filed in october 2008 for K3 get the I130 NOA1 10 days later. My husband sent the I 129F too but it was returned to him 2 times for not sending it to the right place ( he send it to chicago), so at the end he got in touch from someone from the USCIS and he was told to send the I129F again but still no response from receiving the I129F. WE called together to the USCIS last april and they gave us a ticket number ( for a checking status request or something like that) . So days later my husband got a letter from USCIS saying they were sorry for making us wait too long and it was a mistake from USCIS that it was taking so long and that they were going to process our documents fastly. Weeks later my husband was asked to send a better copy of his passport and he did. Thats the last thing we heard from USCIS.

Actually with the crisis, this year my husband is having problems with his job and have a lack of money to pay his last year taxes and he is all down and depress thinking that this will make USCIS deny our case. And i guess thats why he is not putting too much effort in calling USCIS and asking them whats going on. He s looking for another job and until this new job happens it seems he is not wanting to know whats going on with our K3 status. I dont know what to do , i offer to help him pay his taxes but we are afraid that this wont matter for USCIS because he cant show a stable job in the first term of this year or something like that.

Also year ago I had like 3 USA tourist visa denials , last time i tried to get it was in 2005 but since i was applying for this US tourint visa in mexico and by that time I wasnt a mexican citizen yet , they keep telling me to apply for this visa in my country, which i couldnt because i was living and legally working in mexico.I never understand the denials because I was a bussiness professional with a masters degree trying to make myself and my kid a living, and from me there was no reason. So i just stop trying the US tourist visa.

Maybe all that mentioned before is affecting our case, but there s no way for me to know because everytime i try to get in touch with the USCIS its the same answer as shown online, Just the NOA1. We are 2 months away from the time line for NOA2 and i dont know what to do.

Please Any advices will be very well appreciated? im getting very desperate.

Hi friends.

Im getting so frustated in this waiting and more with all the problems me and my husband are having..

Im from Bolivia living in Mexico for 8 years now. I have a son from a previous marriage thas lives in mexico with me. Im already a mexican citizen since 2007. I met my us husband on 2005 and married him in mexico in 2007( right after i got my mexican citizenship). We filed in october 2008 for K3 get the I130 NOA1 10 days later. My husband sent the I 129F too but it was returned to him 2 times for not sending it to the right place ( he send it to chicago), so at the end he got in touch from someone from the USCIS and he was told to send the I129F again but still no response from receiving the I129F. WE called together to the USCIS last april and they gave us a ticket number ( for a checking status request or something like that) . So days later my husband got a letter from USCIS saying they were sorry for making us wait too long and it was a mistake from USCIS that it was taking so long and that they were going to process our documents fastly. Weeks later my husband was asked to send a better copy of his passport and he did. Thats the last thing we heard from USCIS.

Actually with the crisis, this year my husband is having problems with his job and have a lack of money to pay his last year taxes and he is all down and depress thinking that this will make USCIS deny our case. And i guess thats why he is not putting too much effort in calling USCIS and asking them whats going on. He s looking for another job and until this new job happens it seems he is not wanting to know whats going on with our K3 status. I dont know what to do , i offer to help him pay his taxes but we are afraid that this wont matter for USCIS because he cant show a stable job in the first term of this year or something like that.

Also year ago I had like 3 USA tourist visa denials , last time i tried to get it was in 2005 but since i was applying for this US tourint visa in mexico and by that time I wasnt a mexican citizen yet , they keep telling me to apply for this visa in my country, which i couldnt because i was living and legally working in mexico.I never understand the denials because I was a bussiness professional with a masters degree trying to make myself and my kid a living, and from me there was no reason. So i just stop trying the US tourist visa.

Maybe all that mentioned before is affecting our case, but there s no way for me to know because everytime i try to get in touch with the USCIS its the same answer as shown online, Just the NOA1. We are 2 months away from the time line for NOA2 and i dont know what to do.

Forget the K3 and go with the CR-1. MUCH, MUCH better visa and cheaper in the long run. You will get the GC within a month of arrival. If at that time you have been married for 2+years you'll get a 10 year GC also saving you having to remove conditions.

Is your son being petitioned also?

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Hi friends.

Forget the K3 and go with the CR-1. MUCH, MUCH better visa and cheaper in the long run. You will get the GC within a month of arrival. If at that time you have been married for 2+years you'll get a 10 year GC also saving you having to remove conditions.

Thank for your reply, yes my son is also petitioned thats why we didnt ask for the CR1, we are thinking on chaning to CR1, but what about my kid?, i wont leave him.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hi friends.

Thank for your reply, yes my son is also petitioned thats why we didnt ask for the CR1, we are thinking on chaning to CR1, but what about my kid?, i wont leave him.

You couldnt get a tourist visa because of the millions of Mexicans that are pouring over the borders with no intention of returning, visa or no visa. They have created a history that cant be denied. Your " strongest ties" are to your husband & nothing you can submit to them could change that in the mind of the interviewing officer.

The taxes will have to be paid before any visa is issued. If he doesnt have the money he can use the accepted IRS method of paying them back in monthly payments which will help with the visa approval.

If money is driving what you have to do, get a K 3 & K 4 which will be cheaper at this time. The initial problem with that is you will not be able to work until you can get an EAD card wich will cost about 350 bucks & take 3 or 4 months.

In the end a CR 1 would be best but will cost more right now. A K 3 will mean you will have to suffer thru the AOS process later but you may be in a better position to pay the fees later & you would have up to 2 years to do so.

If your husband is working now he should keep the job until the visas are approved. If hes not he could submit the 134 with his latest info & see if they accept it. That is what I did & we were approved.

Your answer about the kid isnt clear to me. Did you submit a 130 for him? . Each immigrant requires a seperate 130. If his 130 is approved he could get either visa.

The mistakes made in the original submission certianly affected the timeline of your case. USCIS admitting they made mistakes helped you get back in line faster. Checking status is worthless. The info they give you is not correct or current. Your case is simply going thru the system with the thousands of others & will be approved.

Hi friends.

You couldnt get a tourist visa because of the millions of Mexicans that are pouring over the borders with no intention of returning, visa or no visa. They have created a history that cant be denied. Your " strongest ties" are to your husband & nothing you can submit to them could change that in the mind of the interviewing officer.

The taxes will have to be paid before any visa is issued. If he doesnt have the money he can use the accepted IRS method of paying them back in monthly payments which will help with the visa approval.

If money is driving what you have to do, get a K 3 & K 4 which will be cheaper at this time. The initial problem with that is you will not be able to work until you can get an EAD card wich will cost about 350 bucks & take 3 or 4 months.

In the end a CR 1 would be best but will cost more right now. A K 3 will mean you will have to suffer thru the AOS process later but you may be in a better position to pay the fees later & you would have up to 2 years to do so.

If your husband is working now he should keep the job until the visas are approved. If hes not he could submit the 134 with his latest info & see if they accept it. That is what I did & we were approved.

Your answer about the kid isnt clear to me. Did you submit a 130 for him? . Each immigrant requires a seperate 130. If his 130 is approved he could get either visa.

The mistakes made in the original submission certianly affected the timeline of your case. USCIS admitting they made mistakes helped you get back in line faster. Checking status is worthless. The info they give you is not correct or current. Your case is simply going thru the system with the thousands of others & will be approved.

Thanks for replyin to me. My kid was included in the K3 with my I 130, we understood that with k3 you only fill one I 130 , there you include the beneficiary and the kids in the same I 130.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hi friends.

Thanks for replyin to me. My kid was included in the K3 with my I 130, we understood that with k3 you only fill one I 130 , there you include the beneficiary and the kids in the same I 130.

It is very important that you understand you must file a 130 for the child. Again when I read your responce it isnt clear to me that you have done that. It sounds like you havent.

This is not unusual to have this misunderstanding. I did exactly the same thing & it cost me 4 months to get my daughters 130 approved. The child requires a 130 no matter what visa you get for him.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.