Dalyn

Vaccination before applying for AOS

2 posts in this topic

Hello to all of you,

We are already gathering/preparing for our papers for AOS. I just want to clear this up if should I still need to undergo medical examination or vaccination if I already had one in the Philippines & they already issued the DS-325.

Q: Why are K non-immigrant visa holders asked to include a vaccination supplement when filing Form I-485 to adjust status?

Some countries allow K non-immigrant visa applicants to defer their vaccinations until after they arrive in the U.S. If the beneficiary's vaccinations were not completed as part of the visa process, it is necessary to include form I-693- part 1, part 2-vaccination section, and part 5 in the application.

If the beneficiary's vaccinations were COMPLETED as part of the visa process, IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO INCLUDE FORM I-693 IN THE AOS SUBMISSION. All your medical information is enclosed in the brown envelope which was handed in at the POE. The envelope is then forwarded on to USCIS where it will be consolidated with the I-485 submission, once received. If you received a copy of the Vaccination Documentation Worksheet (Form DS-3025) from your Panel Physician, you may include a copy of that form in your AOS submission in place of Form I-693.

And if just in case that I will still go for my vaccination I can go in any public health center near in our area & present my X-ray cd & the form DS-320 & the center will be the one whose gonna provide the Form I-693?

Thanks for all the help.

Dalyn

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Hello to all of you,

We are already gathering/preparing for our papers for AOS. I just want to clear this up if should I still need to undergo medical examination or vaccination if I already had one in the Philippines & they already issued the DS-325.

Q: Why are K non-immigrant visa holders asked to include a vaccination supplement when filing Form I-485 to adjust status?

Some countries allow K non-immigrant visa applicants to defer their vaccinations until after they arrive in the U.S. If the beneficiary's vaccinations were not completed as part of the visa process, it is necessary to include form I-693- part 1, part 2-vaccination section, and part 5 in the application.

If the beneficiary's vaccinations were COMPLETED as part of the visa process, IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO INCLUDE FORM I-693 IN THE AOS SUBMISSION. All your medical information is enclosed in the brown envelope which was handed in at the POE. The envelope is then forwarded on to USCIS where it will be consolidated with the I-485 submission, once received. If you received a copy of the Vaccination Documentation Worksheet (Form DS-3025) from your Panel Physician, you may include a copy of that form in your AOS submission in place of Form I-693.

And if just in case that I will still go for my vaccination I can go in any public health center near in our area & present my X-ray cd & the form DS-320 & the center will be the one whose gonna provide the Form I-693?

Thanks for all the help.

Dalyn

any health center or doctor office can handle the vaccination, but the civil surgeon will need to transribe your vaccine records onto the I-693.

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.