Merlion@

Couple more questions before I file!

10 posts in this topic

Can someone clarify for me if I need to include 2 passport pictures or not?

I do not think so based on what I read on instructions, but I am double checking..just in case.

Thanks a lot!

Will it be okay if I send pictures and write description on the back of each picture?

If i include cover letter, who signs the cover letter- my husband, myself, or both?

:blush::crying:

Can someone clarify for me if I need to include 2 passport pictures or not?

I do not think so based on what I read on instructions, but I am double checking..just in case.

Thanks a lot!

Will it be okay if I send pictures and write description on the back of each picture?

If i include cover letter, who signs the cover letter- my husband, myself, or both?

:blush::crying:

Yes, you have to attach 2 passport pictures or you both will get a RFE as happened to us.

You can write your name in the back of the picture with black ink.

You have to prepare 2 letters, one for you to sign and one for your SO

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

no Passport photos needed unless you live over seas.

What I did with the pictures was to add a note under them ( I placed on 8 x 10 white sheet ).

On the cover letter I the USC spouse signed only

Edited by NArocks

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Timeline

They take your picture at biometrics

See instructions

Form I-751

Exception Those who reside overseas pursuant to military or government orders, including conditional resident dependents residing overseas and listed under Part 5 of the form, must submit the following items with Form I-751:

1. Two passport-style photos for applicants and dependents, regardless of age.

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10

I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007

Timeline

Here is our cover letter

USCIS Vermont Service Center

75 Lower Welden Street

P.O. Box 200

St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

RE: I-751 JOINT PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF STATUS ON:

John Smith A# XXX-XXX-XXX

Dear USCIS examiner:

Enclosed please find a JOINT I-751 petition for removal of conditions of permanent resident status regarding my husband, (John Smith), Please also find a check for $545.00, the fee for this form. We are all happily living together and request that this petition be accepted for removal of conditions on the residence of my husband John Smith

Enclosed also please find the following documents to verify the status of our marriage and ongoing relationship:

• Original Mailer for A # xxx-xxx-xxx

• Letter from USCIS reminding us to lift conditions

• Copy of Permanent Resident card John Smith.

• Copy of address change to USCIS form I-865 and one for the I-130 for John's son

• Copies passport page showing a joint trip to Colombia in January of 2008.

• Copies of Marriage certificate, and birth Certificates for Myself ( jane smith ) and my husband ( John Smith ) .

• Copies of Drivers licenses showing old and new address

• Copy of the bank statements for 2009 , 2008 and 2007, which we received for our checking account at Bank of America.

• A copy of our joint taxes for 2008 and 2007 .

• Copies of Lease agreements for 2008, 2007

• Copies of Light bills showing address and then change to add Petitioner to the bill

• Copies of Cell phone bills addressed to Both of us

• Letter from my 401K company listing my husband ( Jairo A Lara ) as beneficiary

• Copies of dental bill with both names

• Copy of landlord statement when his sons came to the US in March 2008

• Copy of IRS check in both names 2008 taxes

• Copies of various letters addressed to each of us at our address

• Copy of credit refusal from Toyota Motor Corp.

• Copies of various car insurance notices.

• Pictures dated throughout the Marriage ( 13 )

You may feel free to inquire at any of the sources of enclosed documentation for validity of their statements, and you are always welcome to visit our home should you ever desire to do so. Please advise me if you have any further questions or problems related to this petition.

Sincerely,

Jane smith

USC Spouse

More Complete Story here

I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007

Thanks for that! So, no pictures, US citizen signs cover letter.

Does it matter of I just write on the back of every picture a description and put all pictures in a separate envelope that goes in the bigger one with all the paperwork?? I'm thinking they will bother to look at the pictures and read the back of I let them know I describe picture on the back?

We sent the cover letter from both of us -- technically, it's the non-USC who is filing anyway, so if you really wanted to make the letter be only from one person, surely it should be from the non-USC? In reality, I think it doesn't make one whit of difference. :P

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Timeline
We sent the cover letter from both of us -- technically, it's the non-USC who is filing anyway, so if you really wanted to make the letter be only from one person, surely it should be from the non-USC? In reality, I think it doesn't make one whit of difference. :P

I wrote the cover letter and I'm the petitioner. I don't think that makes any different but it's just my opinion.

Removal of Conditions

06/29/2009 Sent I-751 package to VSC

06/30/2009 I-751 delivered

07/09/2009 Received NOA in the mail (NOA issued on 07/01/2009)

waiting and waiting..

11/04/09 Letter from USCIS - Approval date on 10/30/09

Filed: Timeline

Yup, no pics unless you live abroad. Remember to sign the damn form ( say this as a reminder to myself :P )

We will send one cover letter signed by both; since it is a joint petition.

Yes, you have to attach 2 passport pictures or you both will get a RFE as happened to us.

You can write your name in the back of the picture with black ink.

You have to prepare 2 letters, one for you to sign and one for your SO

:no: Wrong info as stated in my previous post. No photos, and just one letter. Read the form's instructions.

I wrote the cover letter and I'm the petitioner. I don't think that makes any different but it's just my opinion.

Exactly! It really is a non-issue. Cover letters are optional, anyway.

Edit to add: okay, hands up, I'm an idiot. It's a joint petition. Vegas clearly fried my brain.

Edited by elmcitymaven

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.