chrislyse

Proof of ongoing relationship when you are living in the same country?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Thanks everyone. I've checked around but there apparently aren't a whole heck of a lot of people from Indonesia. What i have read makes it seem pretty relaxed, but we're not taking chances. I've found every possible question on here and typed of the answers so we make sure there isn't anything common that we are surprised by.

:thumbs:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline
I've been staying with my fiance and her family for the past 5 months, in that case what am i supposed to show as proof of "ongoing relationship"? We have no phone records, no emails and no letters :|

We did travel twice and i have flight/hotel information...and of course pictures.

Is this trick question morning?

You LIVE with your fiancee and have to ask how to prove it?

I live with her family, i have nothing stating the fact that i live here with mine and her name on it (like a lease or anything), thanks for the constructive responses from other members, a family letter is a good idea.

Sorry if you thought my question was not constructive, but if you need the answer to this, exactly how do you intend to prove the realtionship for AOS?

By the way, I live with my wife and send her emails every day, sometimes when we are in the same room. I have no trouble at all to prove I live with her and wouldn't need to ask how to do it.

The OP was asking how to prove ongoing evidence of a relationship to the satisfaction of a VO. Almost all of the guides and help for bonafide relationship proof are geared to the situation where the couple is apart.

Once they get to AOS they would have played the game once and know better what is needed.

I have the same situation as the OP and thought about it too because we have no chat logs and only a few emails/sms messages. My rent/utilties are paid for by my company and her name is not on any of the accounts. We have no joint accounts.

We have not done our interview yet but what I have are:

1. Evidence of many trips together within China

2. Statements from my company, friends, and family that they know I was married and she lives with me here

3. Many pictures from throughout the year of us together in the same apartment and city

4. Passport with residence permit and entry/exit stamps showing how long I have been in China (but this is not evidence that I was living with her)

I think this should be enough. We will see.

It is supposed to be a forum to help people ... not proclaim how smart one is.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

We were in a situation similar to the OP's. I am the USC and made sure to include a blown up copy of my visa in my passport proving I was living in Thailand legally (i.e. not on a tourist visa), a copy of my work permit, and a letter from my employer in Thailand. It does not prove that we lived together, per se, but figured that it would "strengthen" our application when looked at with all the other evidence we submitted - and we did not receive a RFE, by the way.

OP, I thought this may help if you are working there or are there on anything other than a tourist visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.