virgil

NBI certificate with pending court case - What should I do?

4 posts in this topic

Hi all!

I really need your advice.

After the AOS, the NVC informed me that I should submit all the necessary documents needed to further process my application. One o those documents is the NBI certificate. However, when I got a copy of my NBI certificate, it showed that I have a pending case. I do have a pending case - Malicious Mischief filed as a harassment due to a land dispute, its still ongoing and it's on its 6th year and I honestly don't know how much longer it will take to finish. This is the only thing that is keeping me from sending my documents to the NVC.

My question is this. If I send my NBI certificate as is, will it guarantee a denial of my visa application? What can I do to prevent this from happening? I know this is a legal matter but I'm hoping that someone here has been through this kind of situation or perhaps currently going through the same ordeal.

Your inputs are very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Hi all!

After the AOS, the NVC informed me that I should submit all the necessary documents needed to further process my application. One o those documents is the NBI certificate. However, when I got a copy of my NBI certificate, it showed that I have a pending case. I do have a pending case - Malicious Mischief filed as a harassment due to a land dispute, its still ongoing and it's on its 6th year and I honestly don't know how much longer it will take to finish. This is the only thing that is keeping me from sending my documents to the NVC.

My question is this. If I send my NBI certificate as is, will it guarantee a denial of my visa application? What can I do to prevent this from happening? I know this is a legal matter but I'm hoping that someone here has been through this kind of situation or perhaps currently going through the same ordeal.

Thank you in advance.

No question about it you have to submit your NBI cert. DON'T LIE.... I don't think it will be a guaranted denial but you will be ask for more info about this matter, make sure you have the proof to back up what ever they ask for. maybe send a letter about the land dispute with the Cert.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I haven't seen any other case like this. You can try asking in the Philippine forum.

But as for how it affects your application: This doesn't automatically deny you the visa. However they may ask about it, and further if you have a pending case, it may look like you'll have difficulty settling permanently in the US. Or even that you intend to flee a pending case. The wisest you can do is try to have the case resolved by the court ASAP. As I recall, once you've paid the IV and AOS fee bills, you have up to 1 year to proceed with your visa application before you need to start over again. The NVC documents should have the information on this.

Perhaps your lawyer can make a request to the judge to expedite the process due to the special situation you are in? Any good attorney should be able to help you with that.

Good luck.

--------------

Hi all!

Thank you in advance.

Hi my cousin's husband had his interview last may 26 2009, IR 5 visa category their daughter filed a petition for them. 9 years ago he had a dismissed case coz of physical injury. When the NVC asked them for the aos package he filed for his NBI and found out he has still a record there eventhough it was dismissed already many years ago. What he did was he went to NBI office in Mindanao and showed them the dismissal letter or somehting like that. After that his NBI was clear already, then during the medical at st. lukes he was asked by the doctor if he has a previous case then he said yes and submitted them the evidence that it was dismissed many years ago.

During his iterview at the USEM Manila the Consul denied him and gave him a form I-601 waiver for inadmissibility. Right now they're preparing his waiver and will submit it to the usem manila once its ready. BUt I don't really know how long it would take to approve. My cousin is now in the US a week ago but her husband left behind.

About your case I would suggest to ask for a Lawyer's help. Im just sharing my cousin's husband experienced. But don't lose your hope things will be fine.

cr1 timeline

I-130 sent 2008-08-19

I-130 NOA1 2008-09-18

I-130 approved 2009-01-13

NVC received 2009-01-30

Received DS-3032 2009-02-17

Pay I-864 bill 2009-03-04

Return completed I-864 2009-03-12

Return completed DS-3032 2009-02-19

Received IV Bill 2009-03-13

Pay IV bill 2009-04-07

Case complete 2009-05-06

Interview date 2009-06-26

medical 2009-06-01 passed

Interview 2009-06-26 pink slip

Visa received 2009-06-30 7:00am

CFO 2009-07-06

Flight 2009-07-13

POE LAX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.