KellyandNino

Is there a certain way to set up your Package 3 when posting it back

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hi there It's Kelly

I was wondering, is there a specific way to setup the package 3 when returning it to the embassy?

Is it like the 1-129F that must be done in a certain order?

Please help, my package 3 is almost ready to be returned and I really dont want it to be sent back can any one help me on this one please?

Also can one courier the package 3 back to the embassy?

Thank you

KC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

NOT a Adjustment of Status / Green-card question. Moving this one to consulate/embassy forum.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

It's like the I129, in that it DOES NOT MATTER what order you put the forms in, so long as all they request is there and filled out properly.

As to how to return the package, follow the directions in packet 3.

There is also good info in your embassy info page. You should read that.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...ty=Johannesburg

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

We sent the Package 3 with a cover letter. Here is our cover letter text (some items might not be appropriate for you):

(date)

Subject: Package 3 documents enclosed in this envelope (Case Number: XXXXXXXXXXX)

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you once again for your kind assistance in processing my K-1 visa so efficiently.

Please find enclosed the following documents:

- Signed Part One of DS-230

- Unsigned Part Two of DS-230

- Signed (country) Police Release form

- Signed DS-156

- Unsigned DS-156K

- Supplemental information on my addition US visits prior to XXXXXXX

- Colour photocopy of my passport

- 4 passport photos (taken in February 2009)

- I-134 affidavit form to show my fiance’s financial support

- Statements of our continued intent to marry each other (from both of us individually)

As you know, XXXXX and I have been separated for a long time and are very eager to be together again. We will be very grateful if you could schedule the earliest possible interview time for me. I am looking forward to meeting you soon and please contact me for any queries in the mean time.

Yours Sincerely,

XXXX XXXXX

------- ROC ---------------

06.29.2011 Mailed I-751

09.22.2011 RFE

Timeline
We sent the Package 3 with a cover letter. Here is our cover letter text (some items might not be appropriate for you):

(date)

Subject: Package 3 documents enclosed in this envelope (Case Number: XXXXXXXXXXX)

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you once again for your kind assistance in processing my K-1 visa so efficiently.

Please find enclosed the following documents:

- Signed Part One of DS-230

- Unsigned Part Two of DS-230

- Signed (country) Police Release form

- Signed DS-156

- Unsigned DS-156K

- Supplemental information on my addition US visits prior to XXXXXXX

- Colour photocopy of my passport

- 4 passport photos (taken in February 2009)

- I-134 affidavit form to show my fiance’s financial support

- Statements of our continued intent to marry each other (from both of us individually)

As you know, XXXXX and I have been separated for a long time and are very eager to be together again. We will be very grateful if you could schedule the earliest possible interview time for me. I am looking forward to meeting you soon and please contact me for any queries in the mean time.

Yours Sincerely,

XXXX XXXXX

Thank you Just wanted to make sure on this to be on the safe side. Thanks to both of you. Hold thumbs. :-) will look over the site again thank you for all the help.

It is good to be careful and complete on the technical side of things, but don't paralyze yourself by worrying over every little thing. You're almost there!!

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hi there It's Kelly

I was wondering, is there a specific way to setup the package 3 when returning it to the embassy?

Is it like the 1-129F that must be done in a certain order?

Please help, my package 3 is almost ready to be returned and I really dont want it to be sent back can any one help me on this one please?

Also can one courier the package 3 back to the embassy?

Thank you

KC

No certain way. Remember, anything yuou give to USCIS or a Consulate will be dissected and put into one of their folders in their preferred order which is a top secret and classified. :) Just make sure everything make it into the envelope. Anything more than paper clips and a binder clip on the whole packet is overkill and a waste of your time.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

You only send the signed DS-230 part one back either per fax or email. Then the OF-169 to get your interview date.

If your interview date has been booked, then you just take all your paperwork with you to the interview with your medical docs.

I just followed the order that was on the packet #3 list and all the supporting evidence behind that. I literally just gave them a wad of papers and the CO made her way through everything.

Our K1 Journey Timeline

06.00.1998 - Met Online

12.22.2008 - I-129F received by VSC

12.22.2008 - NOA1 issued

04.08.2009 - NOA2 in 107 days - Igors List #174

04.14.2009 - NVC sent to Consulate in South Africa

04.29.2009 - Consulate received

05.04.2009 - Packet #3 received

05.08.2009 - Packet #4 received

05.14.2009 - Medical - Passed

06.22.2009 - Interview - APPROVED

06.29.2009 - Visa in hand

08.06.2009 - POE - Boston

08.22.2009 - Returned to South Africa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.