clueless_in_usa

A question about NVC

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I called NVC today and they told me that my fiancee's papers were sent Friday. Then I checked the DHL tracking system to see if anything has gone to Moscow the last few days.

Unfortunately DHL shows multiple cities, but nothing going to Moscow. Is it possible for documents to already be on its way to Moscow but not show in the DHL tracking system?

Filed: Timeline

Yep, entirely possible.

Also, NVC will often tell you that your packet is on its way, but in actuality they mean they just sent an electronic copy. Unfortunately Moscow won't schedule anything until your physical copy arrives, so you'll just have to be patient. It doesn't usually take more than a week to 10 days from the time NVC gets your packet until Moscow has the physical copy.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
I called NVC today and they told me that my fiancee's papers were sent Friday. Then I checked the DHL tracking system to see if anything has gone to Moscow the last few days.

Unfortunately DHL shows multiple cities, but nothing going to Moscow. Is it possible for documents to already be on its way to Moscow but not show in the DHL tracking system?

It may not go directly to Moscow. My last FedEx package went to Indy, then Paris, then to the UK, then to Moscow.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline
And does NVC change the original EAC number to an MOS number?

It gets assigned a case number before it's sent out, you can get that from them on the NVC line.

Thank you ALL!

Actually, I called NVC again and they gave me the MOS number. Unfortunately Moscow has not scheduled the interview yet.

To Baron:

I understand that packages go through hoops, but the final destination should be Moscow. However, DHL has no record of such a package, reason why I worry. I will wait a few days before I send an email to the consulate.

Timeline
And does NVC change the original EAC number to an MOS number?

It gets assigned a case number before it's sent out, you can get that from them on the NVC line.

Thank you ALL!

Actually, I called NVC again and they gave me the MOS number. Unfortunately Moscow has not scheduled the interview yet.

To Baron:

I understand that packages go through hoops, but the final destination should be Moscow. However, DHL has no record of such a package, reason why I worry. I will wait a few days before I send an email to the consulate.

I have more information, and probably a reference to people who are still waiting:

I used the method explained in VJ to track a package from NVC to the corresponding consulate. Each reference I found mentions using the following Reference Tracking format: EXP dd MMM yyyyA, where dd=day in numbers, MMM = three letters of month in capital letters, and yyyy = year in numbers.

I did that and found nothing going to Moscow, out of 40+ packages. But then I was curious and started changing the final letter and realized that not all packages from NVC are identified with the letter A. When I used the letter B I saw a package going to Moscow out of a list of five packages. This was also identified as Express (hence EXP) documents.

If that is my package, the approved I-129F is already at the consulate in Moscow and they should be processing it soon. Time to tell my fianceé the news. I hope that she starts jumping from excitement :dance:

Thank you ALL for the responses once more.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
If that is my package, the approved I-129F is already at the consulate in Moscow and they should be processing it soon. Time to tell my fianceé the news. I hope that she starts jumping from excitement :dance:

Thank you ALL for the responses once more.

She will be excited! Best of luck on the interview date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.