Waitingpatiently

Islamabad question

8 posts in this topic

Here is my story...

When I filed my first i-129f petition, I had a lawyer who persisted on getting an engagement certificate, supposedly it would make the case stronger. There are no engagement certificates at my fiance's country, so he got a marriage certificate at a stationery and crossed out all the marriage parts and input engagement. It was approved by USCIS but revoked by the consulate at Islamabad, stating that the beneficiary and the petitioner (which is I) are now married. However, we were not married and that certificate wasn't even registered. It got sent back to USCIS with the reason and is now at USCIS. Our relationship fell apart, so we didn't continue with that petition. This happened a year ago. The petition was revoked in May 2008

I filed a second i-129f petition for a different person (with a different laywer) and it is approved by the USCIS and is at NVC undergoing additional processing. My question here is, will the consulate in Islamabad revoke this petition because of the first petition? My new lawyer wrote that I stated under oath i was never married to my former fiance and do not wish to pursue that petion no more as our relationship fell apart. And my new lawyer says that the petition is now dismissed.

Would the consulate of Islamabad hold up the case as well? Please let me know for those of you who are familiar with the procedures of the consulate in Islamabad or how strict they are.

My fiance knows about my former fiance and why our relationship fell apart.

For those of you who are familiar with how the consulate at Islamabad is, please help me out in giving advice, thank you

hey

make sure to check first the time limit

i think there is time limit for filing fiancee once in two yars

good luck

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

1. You need to contact USCIS and see if the petition is dead or still pending. If it is still pending you need to withdraw it by writing a letter to them and cancelling it.

2. NVC can put your petition in AP and do background checks with the current petition. If it does not get it in AP it will go to Islamabad and then it can have issues there.

3. The CO may have your current fiance answer any questions concerning the older petition. They may have an issue of the first document altered and want to put this case in AP to verify the new documents submitted. Your fiance needs to be able to answer any questions about the relationship and as to why it is not longer valid.

4. Only the CO can answer if you will have any problems with the new petition. Islamabad is a strict embassy to go through and they do background checks to rule out fraud. Plus, most males end up in AP for security checks anyways. Good luck to you.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Here is my story...

When I filed my first i-129f petition, I had a lawyer who persisted on getting an engagement certificate, supposedly it would make the case stronger. There are no engagement certificates at my fiance's country, so he got a marriage certificate at a stationery and crossed out all the marriage parts and input engagement. It was approved by USCIS but revoked by the consulate at Islamabad, stating that the beneficiary and the petitioner (which is I) are now married. However, we were not married and that certificate wasn't even registered. It got sent back to USCIS with the reason and is now at USCIS. Our relationship fell apart, so we didn't continue with that petition. This happened a year ago. The petition was revoked in May 2008

I filed a second i-129f petition for a different person (with a different laywer) and it is approved by the USCIS and is at NVC undergoing additional processing. My question here is, will the consulate in Islamabad revoke this petition because of the first petition? My new lawyer wrote that I stated under oath i was never married to my former fiance and do not wish to pursue that petion no more as our relationship fell apart. And my new lawyer says that the petition is now dismissed.

Would the consulate of Islamabad hold up the case as well? Please let me know for those of you who are familiar with the procedures of the consulate in Islamabad or how strict they are.

My fiance knows about my former fiance and why our relationship fell apart.

For those of you who are familiar with how the consulate at Islamabad is, please help me out in giving advice, thank you

Nana

You might want to post this in the regional forum for Middle East/North Africa (I think is correct). Also be sure to mention that you already have the second approved petition or people will be answering questions you already have the answer to. You specifically want o know of others experience with a second petition at Islamabad.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

1. You need to contact USCIS and see if the petition is dead or still pending. If it is still pending you need to withdraw it by writing a letter to them and cancelling it.

2. NVC can put your petition in AP and do background checks with the current petition. If it does not get it in AP it will go to Islamabad and then it can have issues there.

3. The CO may have your current fiance answer any questions concerning the older petition. They may have an issue of the first document altered and want to put this case in AP to verify the new documents submitted. Your fiance needs to be able to answer any questions about the relationship and as to why it is not longer valid.

4. Only the CO can answer if you will have any problems with the new petition. Islamabad is a strict embassy to go through and they do background checks to rule out fraud. Plus, most males end up in AP for security checks anyways. Good luck to you.

We got a letter from USCIS saying

the returned petition will now be stored at this office and no further action is required.

If it doesn't get AP in NVC, it can have issues at Islamabad? Currently I am under AP at NVC, so hopefully that will clear out some bumps throughout the journey

i hope all is goes welllll :(

Edited by Nana119

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
We got a letter from USCIS saying

the returned petition will now be stored at this office and no further action is required.

Sounds like it is a dead petition but call USCIS and confirm the status.

If it doesn't get AP in NVC, it can have issues at Islamabad? Currently I am under AP at NVC, so hopefully that will clear out some bumps throughout the journey

Yes, the CO can put the case in AP and more than likely will just because your fiance is male and cominng from this area of the world. Most males get AP for security checks. But AP can also involve the verification of documents, traveling, and family as well as the name and finger print checks that are mandatory.

i hope all is goes welllll

I wish all the best on hope it goes well for you too.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Thank you Mary and the rest of you for giving me informative advice... you all have been very helpful!

My case is out of AP at NVC, and it was forwarded to the consulate on June 29, I'm just praying as I'm waiting patiently for that interview letter insha'Allah... and as far as AP goes, we both are well prepared for it... i think :unsure:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.